Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Snetterton is my favourite at the moment I think. It suits the Supra really well, it has slow, medium and fast corners with 2 long straights for it to stretch its legs. Plus I really seem to be able to push the car to its limits around there, plenty of run off! I always come away from there knowing I got the most out of the car.

I thought that would be the best track suited to the supra. What sort of top speed do you get up to on the big straights. :cool:

Snetterton is my favourite at the moment I think. It suits the Supra really well, it has slow, medium and fast corners with 2 long straights for it to stretch its legs. Plus I really seem to be able to push the car to its limits around there, plenty of run off! I always come away from there knowing I got the most out of the car.

I thought that would be the best track suited to the supra. What sort of top speed do you get up to on the big straights. :cool:

About 165mph approx.

Are you making any adjustments to the car for knockhill. You seemed to have a great race at oulton. The car sounded lush.

Apart from new front wheel bearings, new front discs and pads which will hopefully get rid of my brake problem which I think is pad knock off.

Also found a tiny bit of play in one of my rose jointed track rod ends so got to change that over.

Couple of extra bits welded into the cage to stiffen the shell further.

And I'm going to play around with the traction control settings as its really not working very well for me at all. There is a good bend at Knockhill to test it on :)

Apart from new front wheel bearings, new front discs and pads which will hopefully get rid of my brake problem which I think is pad knock off.

Also found a tiny bit of play in one of my rose jointed track rod ends so got to change that over.

Couple of extra bits welded into the cage to stiffen the shell further.

And I'm going to play around with the traction control settings as its really not working very well for me at all. There is a good bend at Knockhill to test it on :)

With those things sorted you can try and catch that sneaky lotus :D. Did the white lotus that won have a supercharged type r engine.

Hi Paul,

Do you still have the Recaro Pole Position seats? Are they confortable...? Would you rate them better then the Cobra Misano's...?

Ps.Sick sup..!

Yep, still have them, cant beat them for comfort, not that I need much as we only sit in the car for 15 minutes at a time with Time Attack.

Paul what kind of power can you make by turning the boost up. What is it set at now.

Running 1.6 bar at the mo which should equate to around 800bhp may be more depending on what dyno you believe. Could run 2.2bar if I wanted to, that would be well over 900bhp, just dont need it for most tracks in the UK though.

Hmm, sounds good. anywhere i can find the specs on that tubby and/or dynosheet?

The turbo I'm using is a GT4094R with a GT42 compressor wheel in a machined out GT40 housing. Its not an off the shelf Garrett unit but available to buy through myself of course, list price is about £1600 + VAT approx.

There should be a dyno sheet on this thread somewhere?