The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Okay, lets hear your 'stupid moments' !!!

Muffleman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just farted big time in my store due to being the only one in at the time, then almost instantly 3 hot girls walked in and asked for advise. Its the most uncomfortable moment of my life and I could see them politely hide their disgust :(

How did you not go and hang yourself after the incident?! :D

That's always the worst, when you rip one, then a hot girl comes over to talk to you at work :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
A friend of mine.... while drunk, decided to prove that he could do a standing backflip......

The evidence:-

The result:-

Knocked himself out and grazed the one side of face quite badly.

This why i refuse to do flips whilst drunk. my friends have stopped pestering me to do it now!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to work for a Vauxhall dealership and this was my 2nd day. I was 19 at the time. Anyway my boss had sold an old couple a Vauxhall Corsa and he went and met them. The sold cars are round the side of the building which are parked up against the wall. You can just go past the parked cars as its a tight alleyway. They were all round this car and he went to start it for them and the battery was flat. He called to me and said can I bring his company car round to jump start this corsa. I was excited his brand new company car was a astra turbo convertible with body kit and upgraded wheels. Hes only had it 2 days. I jump in it and the stereo is banging, I'm loving it I drive round to where this car is and where its tight I didn't see but a large drain sticks out the bottom so I have come round a hit this thing sticking out the wall and its sdented both alloys, pushed the door inwards and ripped the rear bumper off all in front of my boss and this couple buying there car. It made one hell of a noise. They where all just looking at me and I thought OW my GOD!!

I got called Into my bosses office and I was s****** it. He said to me don`t worry I have done that before.

I have another great story I was working for the same company and I hit a unmarked cop car up the arse. But that's another time.

rebuilt my engine, fitted my spare engines crank pulley as i thought it looked in better condition than the one i originally was running on the engine

used the timing mark on the crank and cam pulleys as i put the new timing belt on, started it up

spent a week trying to work out why it was running rough, i thought to myself it seemed retarded lol

checked everything, pulled dizzy out and checked tdc and timing marks

eventually checked crank position and found that id stupidly set up the timing belt on the wrong timing mark on the crank pulley (doh)

my original pulley only had the one timing mark

i felt very stupid

• 9 months later...
Guest Nicholas

I spent £10k and 4 months doing up our house before moving in, fitted a lovely solid wood floor throughout the downstairs then on move in day as I was putting up the last curtain tie back drilled through a water pipe and flooded the lounge :(

I sold my black supra on here a few weeks back, the buyer (Craig) was coming over from Scotland to collect it on a Friday. I went to start the car as it had been sitting in my driveway for a few weeks unused and it wouldn't fire up. I texted Craig and was honest about it, and told him that he should maybe try to postpone his travel arrangements while I got my mechanic to have a look at the car. I texted the mechanic and arranged for him to call out to have a look at it to try to diagnose the problem.

It was sorted with £5 petrol and a big red face later... :D

Owned my auto supra for a couple of years now. An then had the unfortunate call at work to say I'd be moving to canada for a few years. So I put my car into storage. Before doing so I thought nothing less than to give it a decent wash. An waited at the pressure wash at a local station fir a fair while. Moving a space and stopping for a bit. It was at this moment I thought im a little hungry. So I decide to go in inside, it was this point I couldn't pull the key from the ignation. Oh I how I tried, practically hanging my 10 stone sod it 12 stone,,,, ok you got me 14 (happy now) to no provail. Its at this point I reach inside my wallet to pull my aa card. But just as im doing so instinct kicks in an I slide the gear selector to park.......upon releasing my stuck keys...

I sold my black supra on here a few weeks back, the buyer (Craig) was coming over from Scotland to collect it on a Friday. I went to start the car as it had been sitting in my driveway for a few weeks unused and it wouldn't fire up. I texted Craig and was honest about it, and told him that he should maybe try to postpone his travel arrangements while I got my mechanic to have a look at the car. I texted the mechanic and arranged for him to call out to have a look at it to try to diagnose the problem.

It was sorted with £5 petrol and a big red face later... :D

Now that is a 10/10 Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I just got my Karcher K2 Pressure washer, set it up, plugged in,water on, unit on. Started a pre-wash hose down and the water came out not so much a jet more of a stream, so I turned the adjustment nozzle to max and got a little more pressure. Hmm, so then I gave the power lance a go for a more concentrated stream thinking it would be stronger. It was a tad, but nothing major so I went back to the general purpose nozzle and proceeded hose the car.

I was then thinking this is w**k, it must be that the hose is too long from the water supply as it's only a little motor in the unit, which is s**t considering how it cost over £100 and had rave reviews. At the same time I was also thinking that the unit is very quiet too. Just as I finished the whole car pre-wash, it dawned on me that I hadn't turned it on at the mains.

For the whole pre-wash I was just using an expensive garden hose.

Mong

Edited by Rummy (see edit history)