The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Okay, lets hear your 'stupid moments' !!!

Muffleman

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this one time back when I was 17 I had a 125 trails bike. I was working on it late one night think I was respraying the fuel tank. Anyways the fuel tank had to be taken off and I had it on the work bench I had taken the fuel cap off also . As i was taking a break to have a ciggy I started to fiddle with my lighter.... And there must have been some vapor left in the tank, As the lighter passed over the top of the tank (i was day dreaming) It caught the vapor and a 5ft flame ball came shooting out with a massive bang, Pushing my arm back with my body follwing off my chair and across the workshop onto the floor!

Sitting there on the floor with half burn eyebrows not really having a clue what just happened I looked to see my

thumb that had just lit the lighter was stuck up and I could'nt be bent as the skin had gone tight. And I hurt my back falling onto the floor. Lost my lighter too (never did find it)

While sat in a nice restaurant in town tonight celebrating my new job offer, I was enjoying the good food and after eating I wiped my hands off on a napkin. I then put the napkin down on the table not realising I had put the napkin on top of a candle in the centre of the table. The next thing I notice is the napkin had caught fire!! Which lead to me shouting loudly "Arrrggghhhh shhh***!!" and then blowing and smacking the napkin on the side of the table furiously. The restaurant staff didn't look too happy with me, but hey I put the fire out.... So I'm a hero in my book :)

While sat in a nice restaurant in town tonight celebrating my new job offer, I was enjoying the good food and after eating I wiped my hands off on a napkin. I then put the napkin down on the table not realising I had put the napkin on top of a candle in the centre of the table. The next thing I notice is the napkin had caught fire!! Which lead to me shouting loudly "Arrrggghhhh shhh***!!" and then blowing and smacking the napkin on the side of the table furiously. The restaurant staff didn't look too happy with me, but hey I put the fire out.... So I'm a hero in my book :)

Hmm. 18" square napkin, 6 " high lit stick of wax right in front of you. ;) Guess you got the job and had a little celebration Dave.:eyebrows: Good moves putting it out though. :D

Hmm. 18" square napkin, 6 " high lit stick of wax right in front of you. ;) Guess you got the job and had a little celebration Dave.:eyebrows: Good moves putting it out though. :D

The candles on the table were those stupid little tea lights, so it was easy to just throw a napkin down over them :D Yep got the job, but unfortunately not as a fireman.... Which I'd be amazing at ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm such a div :(

I sold some records on ebay and the buyer didn't wait for my invoice, so he sent me the wrong amount. So I refunded him and told him the correct amount.

I waited and waited for his payment, then asked him what's up. He said he hadn't received the refund. I checked and he was right. I'd clicked on the buyer above him in the list and refunded them by mistake. To the tune of £150. Will he own up and do the right thing? Well this was 2 weeks ago and... nothing :bye:

Okay... here is mine...

Was at a show years ago, and there was this guy doing fire breathing...

Long story short, I convinced them to show me how to do it (must admit I did kinda make out I have done it before, but hey... I was a bit, well... I had had a few beers, shall we say?)

First time... mouthful of whatever flammable liquid it was (paraffin, I think?), sprayed it out... woosh! flames... all good.

Second time (1 beer later), I had another go. Grabbed the bottle of liquid (or what I thought was the liquid!), sprayed... no flames in fact, nearly put the flames out!... put bottle of liquid down, disappointed, I picked up my bottle of beet (or so I thought!), took a big swig, swallowed... Urgh! yep... Paraffin!

Should have realised when the flames nearly went out, I was so out of it, I tried to fire breath with beer... it didn't work so I put the bottle down, and took a swig of the other one... Paraffin!

WHAT a muppet.

Anyway, that's my 'stupid moment' (Thank god I don't smoke! Could have been disastrous!)

i'm such a div :(

i sold some records on ebay and the buyer didn't wait for my invoice, so he sent me the wrong amount. So i refunded him and told him the correct amount.

I waited and waited for his payment, then asked him what's up. He said he hadn't received the refund. I checked and he was right. I'd clicked on the buyer above him in the list and refunded them by mistake. To the tune of £150. Will he own up and do the right thing? Well this was 2 weeks ago and... Nothing :bye:

he just paid

woo hoo

:D:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

phew

• 8 months later...
Guest The-Band!t

haha this threads class :D

well recently on a night out i forgot my lighter so my mates dad said i could lend one of their various ones, so me being me i couldnt just settle with a regular one after noticing he had one of those flamethrower lighters like a 7inch flame.... needless to say later on that night after many many drinks i pull out the lighter to light up forgetting what it does put my face right down to it and took off my eyelashes and half an eyebrow lol

haha this threads class :D

well recently on a night out i forgot my lighter so my mates dad said i could lend one of their various ones, so me being me i couldnt just settle with a regular one after noticing he had one of those flamethrower lighters like a 7inch flame.... needless to say later on that night after many many drinks i pull out the lighter to light up forgetting what it does put my face right down to it and took off my eyelashes and half an eyebrow lol

Haha! I've got a torch lighter, and it's funny seeing people turn their eyebrows into smoke :D

In fact, a stupid story.

A few years ago, just after I bought the lighter, me and my mate were drinking at his, and we decided to see if we could melt glass with mine and one he had. After using pretty much the full gas in each of ours, the glass was extremely thin, and we wanted to see if it would break. It was snowing, so everything was cold. Well, my friend decided to touch the bottle with a stone to see if it would break (did I mention we'd been drinking?). As he touched the red hot bottle with the ice cold stone, it exploded right in his face.

Man, did I laugh! :D

Edited by Josh
A story came to me (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...