The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what if it's not TT

steady_dave

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmm so with the balls you have you was at the rear yeah;)

I know the limits of the car even on Nagasakinogrips :D And I'm a little bit stooopid, But i dont drive like that anymore

Ah - but THIS is the reason I would only ever have a TT.

As a somewhat tentative driver, I need to have the power on the straights to make up for what I lose round the bendy bits! :D :(

Does not help on twisty Devon roads :D

NA's are great. I love the supra for mits looks. Thats why I swapped a turbo'd skyline for a NA supra. Whe you get out of your supra (this applies to EVERYONE) You look back at your car and think "that looks the bollocks" I did not have this with the skyline and would rather have the OMG thats mine feeling and people looking at my car, rather than people who know a bit saying is a turbo/na has it got NOS etc.... I just love the look and scene of owning a supra not the power as when its parked up who knows how fast it goes???

Well said fella :p

SteveR is still chasing the dream from 3 years ago ;) (See you at the meal mate :D)

cheeky fecker. I wouldn't have a lardy, old UK spec! 2000 single turbo RSP FTW! :D

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pb_tBSd2NWdvs0EOb_ROknZvISF5sv3HY874YN3eN0S1KxvlG89ZrbBtee7m6aE7P

See you at the nom nom.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

WOW, didn't really expect this many replies, awesome.

Some interesting points coming from both ends.

It doesn't matter what you drive, if you're happy with it then that's ALL that matters and that's the end of the story. A mate has a NA and it totally betrays the 100ish bhp difference between it and a stock TT (we compared side by side a few times). The story on paper isn't full and final, it's a fair bit quicker than I expected when I drove it, the main difference is you don't get that rush and shove when the 2nd turbo kicks in (obviously!).

I've got a single now and I love it, but the extra power over a TT or even an NA is completely pointless for 99.9% of road driving - tracks are my focus and why I got the car. Singles just don't compare with TTs/NAs, it's a completely different experience... :eyebrows:

cheeky fecker. I wouldn't have a lardy, old UK spec! 2000 single turbo RSP FTW! :D

Please bring the *Awesome* Supra to the meeat today, oh sorry you can't it's at a garage again isn't it? :D

Steve you have just taken me back right to Glynns house years ago :) It will never end! Muhahahahahahaha! :p

it means your bound to have to try and find something wrong with TT's if you dont own one, whats not to get :search:

?? :search: Don't be arrogant. I'm 'bound to have to try to find something wrong with TT's..' because I don't own one?? perleeease :rolleyes: Its down to cost. I'd have loved a turbo but couldnt afford the initial outlay.

They both share the same chassis, block and the majority of components and only the initiated can see a difference visually. There is some elitism, sure but mostly its just banter :) We're all passionate about our supra's and it really shouldnt matter. Sure, I'd love more power and excelleration but I don't actually need it. I know supra owner's who can't handle all the power of their BPU and single tubbies in poor weather and so leave them in a garage all winter. Whereas me....everyday driver, rain and snow and sun :p

Please bring the *Awesome* Supra to the meeat today, oh sorry you can't it's at a garage again isn't it? :D

Steve you have just taken me back right to Glynns house years ago :) It will never end! Muhahahahahahaha! :p

again!? :p This is the first time since I bought it, and it's not because it needs work, it's because I wanted something changing. Stop trying to wind me up else i will take you to Glynn's house and feed you to the horses of doom! :D

pics-251.jpg