The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what if it's not TT

steady_dave

I love the Supra, we all do on here I hope, who cares what engine it is

Still race you though and I bet I come first :taped:

Of course we all do i've seen how ye put so much hard work into your cars. i dont care what engine it is i just explained why i chose mine and i'm sure you have a reason why you chose yours. :D. Well its hardly gonna go far with it being broken and all :). Why so sure you'd win in a race.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we all do i've seen how ye put so much hard work into your cars. i dont care what engine it is i just explained why i chose mine and i'm sure you have a reason why you chose yours. :D. Well its hardly gonna go far with it being broken and all :). Why so sure you'd win in a race.

ITS FIXED NOW !!

My goodness its ONLY been off the road for 17 months !

NA's are great. I love the supra for mits looks. Thats why I swapped a turbo'd skyline for a NA supra. Whe you get out of your supra (this applies to EVERYONE) You look back at your car and think "that looks the bollocks" I did not have this with the skyline and would rather have the OMG thats mine feeling and people looking at my car, rather than people who know a bit saying is a turbo/na has it got NOS etc.... I just love the look and scene of owning a supra not the power as when its parked up who knows how fast it goes???

don,t think he was on about a race:innocent:

If I had the space I'd consider buying a totally stock N/A as a daily driver and long distance hack to go alongside my TT. Seriously, I'd be very happy driving around in an N/A, especially with the type of journeys I do most of the time...after all its still a lot of car for the money and still looks gorgeous....but I dont, so I wont.

Its a funny thing, but If I owned just an N/A, I wouldnt really feel that fulfilled, as if something was missing from the overall experience. Even though the TT power is wasted on me for 5000 of the 7000 miles I do a year, its nice to know I've got it, and its nice to know that, short of a single, I've got the high-end version of my favorite car. That said, if circumstances dictated, Id take an N/A Supra over other similar aged and priced cars anyday.

NA's are great. I love the supra for mits looks. Thats why I swapped a turbo'd skyline for a NA supra. Whe you get out of your supra (this applies to EVERYONE) You look back at your car and think "that looks the bollocks" I did not have this with the skyline and would rather have the OMG thats mine feeling and people looking at my car, rather than people who know a bit saying is a turbo/na has it got NOS etc.... I just love the look and scene of owning a supra not the power as when its parked up who knows how fast it goes???

Oooh yes! I totally agree!

There's nothing like looking back at your car, even if its parked in a normal street, and thinking, that's easily the best looking one there :)

Ahoy there, and straight away I apologise for this post as I think it's going to be a rant.

I've joined this forum because I love Supra's and i'm not the most clued up on engine's and mechanics, I want to be and hopefully one day I will be but at the moment i'm not.

It seems from looking around that, although a lot of people have been really helpful when i've had questions, there seems to be an under-achiever view to peoplewith an NA instead of a TT.

I bought an NA becuase:

1. It's my first RWD car and I want to get used to handling one.

2. Don't think I could afford to keep a TT (or insure one realistically as i'm 21)

3. I love this car and seeing as it's a lot faster than my old car I have no problems with it's speed.

There's so much talk about "What's the point in an NA" or "Ah you should have bought a TT for that money" and so on.

I love my NA and am looking forward to working on it.

Any other proud NA owners on here?

At the end of the day it is only an internet forum where everybody is entitled to their own opinions and leg pulling is a regular occurence.

Just ride the waves and remember its all just banter and a bit of fun;)

.................I don't belive that Jamie was going for it totally i'm sure he could give/risk more but in the defence of the humble NA i did 4 laps in less time..........

My first lap out, Just enjoying myself and trying not to give the car to much of a hard time, Ill race ya next time;)

Its been fun winding you guys up but its time to sign off, shame the gtr forums are'nt as passionate as you guys. Much more club spirit over here by far, partially the reason I want another TT (because I know how fast it goes ;))

No my freind you have stumbled across a group of people who love the look and feel of both the NA and the TT supra. Not forgetting all you lucky fookers who have gone single:D

Dave;)

My first lap out, Just enjoying myself and trying not to give the car to much of a hard time, Ill race ya next time;)

I understand and it was at its most damp too if memory serves, thats why i was fishing to try and get someone to say it was fast in the video and then to get them to think its absurd that a NA could get near to that pace...........

Buster and i kicked the asses of about five TT's on the twistys to Bude, Its not what you have but how you drive it and how big your balls are :D

TT drivers are lucky to have such powerful machines, but quite a few of them are known not to release their handbrakes ;)

Luckily, I'm not one of them :)

Buster and i kicked the asses of about five TT's on the twistys to Bude, Its not what you have but how you drive it and how big your balls are :D

Ah - but THIS is the reason I would only ever have a TT.

As a somewhat tentative driver, I need to have the power on the straights to make up for what I lose round the bendy bits! :D :(