The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what if it's not TT

steady_dave

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and most Single owners would prefer an Aston :)

I had a go in a DB9 recently, I was somewhat dissapointed - it's a pure GT cruiser for nipping down to Monaco in. I certanly wouldn't want one and if I had that sort of money to spend I think I'd get a 911 GT3 RS.

Ahoy there, and straight away I apologise for this post as I think it's going to be a rant.

I've joined this forum because I love Supra's and i'm not the most clued up on engine's and mechanics, I want to be and hopefully one day I will be but at the moment i'm not.

It seems from looking around that, although a lot of people have been really helpful when i've had questions, there seems to be an under-achiever view to peoplewith an NA instead of a TT.

I bought an NA becuase:

1. It's my first RWD car and I want to get used to handling one.

2. Don't think I could afford to keep a TT (or insure one realistically as i'm 21)

3. I love this car and seeing as it's a lot faster than my old car I have no problems with it's speed.

There's so much talk about "What's the point in an NA" or "Ah you should have bought a TT for that money" and so on.

I love my NA and am looking forward to working on it.

Any other proud NA owners on here?

I've owned N/A, stock UK, BPU and Single turbo Supras and all i would say is that the power thing is addictive and that the worst thing about the SZ is how fast it looks compared to how fast it is.

Whilst were are tongue in cheek, digging at TT owners reliability, what do you think to this

TT most reliable 300+bhp rwd car from the 90's?

NA most reliable 200+bhp rwd car from the 90's?

Possibly.................any other contenders?

Probably spot on, none of the Supras i've owned have caused any serious issues.

I love this thread, I love this club:)

I love my NA, I bought it because I love the look of the supra and wasn't that interested in power...just the look:) However, the more I drive with TT's on the way to shows etc I am becoming thirsty for the power:eyebrows: But it's still not essential to me so I'll always be happy with a good looking NA:)

Having said that the NA-TT is on the cards late summer though:)

I love this thread, I love this club:)

I love my NA, I bought it because I love the look of the supra and wasn't that interested in power...just the look:) However, the more I drive with TT's on the way to shows etc I am becoming thirsty for the power:eyebrows: But it's still not essential to me so I'll always be happy with a good looking NA:)

Having said that the NA-TT is on the cards late summer though:)

Had a NA for about 4 years loved it, never had a problem and quicker than a large amount of things on the road..

But yes... with shows/Santa pod, having a go /lift in other peoples turbos(tt and

single) etc, etc, etc i am converting it to a tt and plan to do more track days/santa pod trips even a trip to the Nur' ring..

BUT I WILL NEVER LOOK DOWN ON ON N/As! (because they are the same height!)

The N/a is still a great car and for its age the tec' the build and the looks its hard to beat, especially at the price..

Had a NA for about 4 years loved it, never had a problem and quicker than a large amount of things on the road..

But yes... with shows/Santa pod, having a go /lift in other peoples turbos(tt and

single) etc, etc, etc i am converting it to a tt and plan to do more track days/santa pod trips even a trip to the Nur' ring..

BUT I WILL NEVER LOOK DOWN ON ON N/As! (because they are the same height!)

The N/a is still a great car and for its age the tec' the build and the looks its hard to beat, especially at the price..

Couldn't agree more!