The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what if it's not TT

steady_dave

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thats exactly what im talking about love that sound :)

ok so ONE person bought there car for the turbo.. least the rest of us agree that the Supra is a cool car weather it has a turbo or not.. :)

Anyways, i think this playground is getting a bit full now so im off to read something relevant :D

Rite lads i'm done hope ye are all not taking me seriously it is a bit of a laugh (some on serious note :D) . Nothing wrong with a n/a ,over here the tax and insurance is very high and the exact same if you buy a n/a so i said for the price it would cost me to keep on the road i bought the TT for the extra power. Everyone has different reasons for buying what they bought. That is all...

As a lowly NA owner I too was at Llandow, funny thing was there was no NA/TT peeing contest just mutual admiration, ok Jamie's car got more admiration than most and was extremely fast. Funny thing is being overtaken on the straights didn't bother me or any of the other NAs. Two weeks later though and leaving Supra Pod I had this yearning to go Turbo. The difference? The track day was a blast and not a race, just abouting enjoying the car, the Pod was about racing and I don't like being beaten! If I had the money there is no question that I would go turbo, but I would still respect any Supra especially the first one, just enjoy it what ever it is.

yes yes but..........

1) Does it look fast?

2) Do you think a TT could match it?

3) Do you think an NA could match it?

1) yes its very quick, its an airfield I assume by the amount of long straights with not alot of twisties. I've seen a quicker time attack supra beaten on real tracks by crx's and ITR's. (but thats for another thread ;))

2) Its an upgraded TT so eh no.

3) ahahahaha

But then again nobody said it could...I would assume the reason is because the thread is titled "So what if it's not TT" by an N/A owner.

As a lowly NA owner I too was at Llandow, funny thing was there was no NA/TT peeing contest just mutual admiration, ok Jamie's car got more admiration than most and was extremely fast. Funny thing is being overtaken on the straights didn't bother me or any of the other NAs. Two weeks later though and leaving Supra Pod I had this yearning to go Turbo. The difference? The track day was a blast and not a race, just abouting enjoying the car, the Pod was about racing and I don't like being beaten! If I had the money there is no question that I would go turbo, but I would still respect any Supra especially the first one, just enjoy it what ever it is.

:yeahthat:

Rite lads i'm done hope ye are all not taking me seriously it is a bit of a laugh (some on serious note :D) . Nothing wrong with a n/a ,over here the tax and insurance is very high and the exact same if you buy a n/a so i said for the price it would cost me to keep on the road i bought the TT for the extra power. Everyone has different reasons for buying what they bought. That is all...

I love the Supra, we all do on here I hope, who cares what engine it is

Still race you though and I bet I come first :taped:

3) ahahahaha

I make Jamie P's time 209 seconds (using his turn in point at the left hander by the pit tower - 0.57 to 4.26 on the you tube clip?) for 4 laps...........

.................I don't belive that Jamie was going for it totally i'm sure he could give/risk more but in the defence of the humble NA i did 4 laps in less time..........