The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what if it's not TT

steady_dave

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love it when this topic comes around again! get thse usual na reply of i wud kill my self in a tt? then its your loss!? and the sly comments that are usually very funny :)

i had a na and i hated it, was to much weight for a low powered car

?? :search: Don't be arrogant. I'm 'bound to have to try to find something wrong with TT's..' because I don't own one?? perleeease :rolleyes:

I wasnt being arrogant, honest. I was just trying to explain what my previous post meant, And was just backing up the TT in the debate ( only joking aswell ) The day i went out looking for a supra i had a set budget and i wanted the best example for my money, if that had been in the form on an NA then thats what i would have had. Obviously id of preferred the TT and im glad ive got one. Like everyone has said including myself a supra is a supra and thats why we love them.

:D

Caterham 7 (450 bhp/ton):cool: With a proper gearbox aswell:p beat that old Toyota boy

Well at least now we can see where your loyalties lie :p

I prefer my old Toyota really. I'm not old enough yet for a full size Airfix model ;)

Oooh, it's like being back at school......:D

It must've been a very posh school if you could afford Supras and Caterham 7s! :D

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

It must've been a very posh school if you could afford Supras and Caterham 7s! :D

:D It wasn't that posh as the supras were NA's.....;)

I am getting a bit bored of this thread as this argument has been done to death. It's all about personal choice, I decided to get an NA as I wasn't willing to pay 10K for a 13 year old car at the time as I didn't have much of a budget for a car. 18 months later I now have enough cash to buy almost anything that would beat my NA but I have come to love it and I think I would be really upset if I had to let it go (especially for next to nothing).

I now have a dilemma, spend 8 - 10K on a facelift TT manual or go with my unicorn ......911 Turbo @ £26K.

Decisions, decisions..!! All the time I am waiting for the perfect Supe to come along, the prices of the 911 are plumeting......:)

H.

Its a tough choice. I'd imagine you could pick a single or a mint TT up for a bargain, but how far will the prices drop, I wonder?

As for the 911, it is a lovely car, but how much would you lose there?? Not that it matters, as if you want one, you shouldn't be concerned about that, just the maintenance costs etc.

Tough choice indeed. :shrug:

:taped:

Its a tough choice. I'd imagine you could pick a single or a mint TT up for a bargain, but how far will the prices drop, I wonder?

As for the 911, it is a lovely car, but how much would you lose there?? Not that it matters, as if you want one, you shouldn't be concerned about that, just the maintenance costs etc.

Tough choice indeed. :shrug:

:taped:

I am not sure just how far the 911 prices will drop. I expect it will level out in 12 months or so. I suppose price is caused by demand, at the moment demand is low and therefore the prices are getting better for me all the time. 6 months ago I couldn't find a Turbo under £35K. There is one on PH with relatively low miles for £26......:)

It's not an argument it's just a sl@gging contest, join in, it's fun:D........and paul.........step away from the 911:p

LOL....I find it hard to get involved with this argument when I love my NA but would really like a TT if the right one came along. Unfortunately, I am mega fussy when it comes to my wanted list of cars.......:sly:;)

H.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with an N/A IMO. :)

Its only a bit of light hearted banter (luckily), and if that's the version you want/can afford, then so be it. ;)

Just don't start on us auto owners, as they are really very good. Honestly. :p

I had reservations when I looked at mine, but got used to it, and prefer it now for all the types of traffic conditions I have to cope with. Especially around town!

As for being fussy, there's nothing wrong with that either. You'll get what you want, for the price you want, when you want. I hope :)