The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

Oh well, Source of the miss fire has been diagnosed. Looks like the head gasket has gone :(

So i can start striping the turbo side down now in prep for taking the head off.

Many thanks to Michel for all the advice and patience, your a credit to this club :D

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started striping down the turbo side, got quite alot done yesterday and today. However I suspect the block is going to be scrap purely from the fact the car spent a day drag racing with this issue as we believed the issue was purely electrical and was sort of fixed at SupraPod.

It was not till on the way back to the hotel that it started missing whilst driving.

Only time will tell when I can take the head off and investigate.

I hope the heads not warped Mike and you get it sorted without to much hassle mate.

Cheers mate, me too. Thinking of having that little get together at mine I was talking about on Sat if Rob can do that day - otherwise it will be sunday and Ill have to give the pancake run a miss if your up for it?

Cheers mate, me too. Thinking of having that little get together at mine I was talking about on Sat if Rob can do that day - otherwise it will be sunday and Ill have to give the pancake run a miss if your up for it?

Ya! I can come over Sat mate, Sunday's a definite no no Lol..!:D

Should be able to do Saturday matey if by Rob you meant me :D

PS looks like im going to have to sell my engine build :( So I have my built head, cams etc if needed ;)

Its very easy to do if you can find a machine shop or someone with a milling machine, have you got a good straight edge you can hold to the face of the head ? thats the 1st test to do and if not obviously warped then needs to go on a milling machine with a dial clock to check properly

Should be able to do Saturday matey if by Rob you meant me :D

PS looks like im going to have to sell my engine build :( So I have my built head, cams etc if needed ;)

I certainly did,

Oh no how come your going to have to sell it, dont get me wrong it fits in with what I had to discuss with you sort of but how come its the new one your selling??

Its very easy to do if you can find a machine shop or someone with a milling machine, have you got a good straight edge you can hold to the face of the head ? thats the 1st test to do and if not obviously warped then needs to go on a milling machine with a dial clock to check properly

Cheers for the info Pal :thumbs:

I certainly did,

Oh no how come your going to have to sell it, dont get me wrong it fits in with what I had to discuss with you sort of but how come its the new one your selling??

I have an engineers flat so if we get the head off we can do some checks for warping with that :)

Well perhaps not the place to discuss it (don't want to spoil your build thread) but basically a massive loss of interest and money basically! Not driven the car in anger for well over a year because of the Boostlogic box and just can't bother anymore so think its time to get it sorted (box wise), sell it and move on.....

I have an engineers flat so if we get the head off we can do some checks for warping with that :)

Well perhaps not the place to discuss it (don't want to spoil your build thread) but basically a massive loss of interest and money basically! Not driven the car in anger for well over a year because of the Boostlogic box and just can't bother anymore so think its time to get it sorted (box wise), sell it and move on.....

Gutted to hear thate Rob, but I dont believe you, the second you get behind the wheel when the box is fixed it will be a different story :)

• 1 month later...

Right thought it was about time I updated this thread.

Lots has chanced since I first started looking at doing this but the long and short of it is im just not getting time to work on the car so a few weeks ago I took the decision to send it to someone who I trust to get the car running again and started making plans :D

So the car is off to garage whifbitz for an engine build, refresh of the head, 6 speed fitted and single turbo. Ive sold the HKS T51R Kai today so details on the turbo kit to come later.

Spec is as below, im really looking forward to this :D

Block rebore

CP Pistons

Eagle Rods

ARP Bolts

new bearings etc

new oil and water punps

brian crower valve springs

new crank pulley

Ive got everything for the 6 speed

and then ive still got to choose a turbo but thats to come later :)