The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts list updated :)

Manifold is going to be heat coated too, just need to get it down there. Im not sure what to do with the EGT sensor. I dont really want to mount it pre turbo (although I know its where it needs to go) what are peoples recommendations?

Oh that reminds me need to put an EGT guage in the required parts list :D

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

My birthday has come early thanks to MVP.

The following parts have turned up today

Intectors

HKS GTII wastegate - what a nice piece of kit :D

TRD LSD

VBand clamps

Hopefully starting it tomorrow weather permitting :) Will get some pics up of the wastegate and manifold test assembled :)

What are peoples opinions on heat coating the manifold? I am not really a fan of the wrapping as after a few head cycles I dont like the look of it, its just personal preference thing really but I dont want to wrap the manifold if I can help it.

Does heat coating the manifold make that much different as im lead to believe its quite expensive to get done?

My manifold is just heat coated, but my down pipe is heat coated, wrapped and sprayed black with high temp paint. So far the stock firewall cover remains uncharred, with EGT's running at 720 degrees max.

My EGT probe is in runner 6

My manifold is just heat coated, but my down pipe is heat coated, wrapped and sprayed black with high temp paint. So far the stock firewall cover remains uncharred, with EGT's running at 720 degrees max.

My EGT probe is in runner 6

My manifold is heat coated and wrapped then sprayed with the high temp black paint. I also wrapped and painted the DP. No marks on the firewall cover also.

Cheers Guys, Plans have had to change somewhat since I can not get a downpipe from anywhere that mates up to a T51R as they have a 4.5" outlet. Therefore I need to get a weld on flange from somewhere and im getting a custome downpipe fabricated. Once done I will take it off and get the whole lot heat coated :D

the exhaust side is 115.5 mm as I have just recieved the Vband clamp for it :) HKS make them such a odd size so you cant easily byy the parts either second hand or just turbos new - they like to force you to buying the kit :(

The one good thing about a custom downpipe is I can have it how I want and get the wastegate put into the exhaust. I dont understand what the wastegate flexi pipes are for though are they just to prevent cracking of the pipes from exhaust movement?

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

• 1 month later...