The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

Bit of an update, Seats are all ready to go in this weekend. Ive also been reliably informed my RacePak will be ready to be Shipped at the end of this week :D

In a couple of weeks time the cars going down to Paul for the above to be fitted, All shimmed up and then on the 11th im going over to SRR so Ryan can work his magic.

1) Going to be getting the Cams fitted,

2) Upping the Rev limit to around 7600. This depends on how the power band shifts with the new cams.

3) Mapped up to 1.7 bar if the fueling will permit.

I want to see a smile on your face when it hits 600bhp mate.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah looking forward to it. You will be shocked how quickly you get used to the power mate when you get to take it out properly :)

stop it, stop it!!!!

Im already looking at cams and a Greddy Plenum dude, i dont need any more encouragement, :p

Was having a look at your spec dude, compaired to mine, very similar i must say. All being your gettnig loads fitted soon, lol

stop it, stop it!!!!

Im already looking at cams and a Greddy Plenum dude, i dont need any more encouragement, :p

Was having a look at your spec dude, compaired to mine, very similar i must say. All being your gettnig loads fitted soon, lol

Yeah the specs are similar, I think the only differences are Ive got a stage 1 head :)

Oh you have a billet tubby too :)

Bit of an update, Seats are all ready to go in this weekend. Ive also been reliably informed my RacePak will be ready to be Shipped at the end of this week :D

In a couple of weeks time the cars going down to Paul for the above to be fitted, All shimmed up and then on the 11th im going over to SRR so Ryan can work his magic.

1) Going to be getting the Cams fitted,

2) Upping the Rev limit to around 7600. This depends on how the power band shifts with the new cams.

3) Mapped up to 1.7 bar if the fueling will permit.

Sounds good mate, look forward to the results, the extra revs will be nice.

Sounds good mate, look forward to the results, the extra revs will be nice.

Revs will be decided on the day depending on what the Cams do with the power band. Think im going to ask Ryan to map it as is at 1.5 bar with 7200 rev limit, see what we get and decide where to go from there.

In theory the engine was built to rev to 8k - 8.5k so 7600 should still be well within safety margin :D

Revs will be decided on the day depending on what the Cams do with the power band. Think im going to ask Ryan to map it as is at 1.5 bar with 7200 rev limit, see what we get and decide where to go from there.

In theory the engine was built to rev to 8k - 8.5k so 7600 should still be well within safety margin :D

Pretty sure we put BC single valve springs in, if so 8000rpm max, more than enough for what you want though anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as Paul says im very very happy with the results :D

Unfortunatly had a couple of issues mainly down to poor condition R888's and not being able to put the power down on the dyno. Had to do the runs in 5th which skews the results somewhat.

Fingures we got on the dyno dont tell the whole picture.

Firstly Darren at Whifbitz fitted the HKS 264 in and 272 ex cams on wednesday. Car was running very rich and drank fuel on the way over to the hotel near SRR for today.

Ryan and I went out to do some of the mapping on the road and on low boost it felt really strong. Got it on the dyno and it made more power (535 fwhp) at 1 bar than it made last time at 1.5 which put a huge smile on my face.

Then could not really get a decent figure out of it as it kept spinning the rears up and a knocking issue but did eventually get 601 fwhp at 1.5 bar. Ryan recons its alot more than that though and based on his caculations from injector size and duty cycle extimates it closer to 611 maybe more.

We then took it to the road and OMG its stupidly quick. The flat spot at 6k has nicely been filled by a strong surge right to the 7200 red line. We did not bother upping the revs as at 7k it still drops off due to the smaller ar housing of the turbo.

So in summary thank you to Paul and Darren at Whifbitz and massive thanks to Ryan for making me a very happy man :thumbs:

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)