The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike,

I may have missed it but if not, is there any chance you could post up the plot from SRR when you were on stock cams back in July and did the 520bhp?

Sure can fella, I've got it at home so will do it when I get back from Europe :)

• 7 months later...

About time for a bit of an update.

At the end of last year I got a bit fed up of the lag on the T67 setup so I decided to do something about it over the winter. Weekend work was quiet so I started striping the turbo side down in Feb. Typically just like last year work went nutts and its take till May to get everything off. Took a few pics today whilst I started to build the turbo side back up.

Turbo wise im going for a BW EFR 8374, 1.05 A/R T4 twinscroll (external WG) With a heat coated Whifbitz twinscroll manifold.

Few pics of the strip down of the front of the engine all to get one manifold bolt off. and the assembly and new manifold going back on today.

Paul you sure these turbos are going to fit, its looks like there will be mm in it!?!

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

About time for a bit of an update.

At the end of last year I got a bit fed up of the lag on the T67 setup so I decided to do something about it over the winter. Weekend work was quiet so I started striping the turbo side down in Feb. Typically just like last year work went nutts and its take till May to get everything off. Took a few pics today whilst I started to build the turbo side back up.

Turbo wise im going for a BW EFR 8374, 1.05 A/R T4 twinscroll (external WG) With a heat coated Whifbitz twinscroll manifold.

Few pics of the strip down of the front of the engine all to get one manifold bolt off. and the assembly and new manifold going back on today.

Paul you sure these turbos are going to fit, its looks like there will be mm in it!?!

Yes mate, it'll fit, looks tighter than it is, a GT42 will fit no problem so the EFR will be a sinch. Its coming along anyway, just need a turbo now!

So when you putting yours in the post for me?? ;)

You got yours on your car yet? I'm going to need the rest of the parts from steves car ASAP and if the turbo does not show up soon I'm going to need a temp solution.

I'd love to let you have my one, I cant unfortunately, only reason why I'm getting it is for me to fully test it, show it what it can do, etc. Apparently mine is 1 of only 9 currently available in world!

If it comes to it I "might" have a couple of spare turbos lieing around you could use for the moment....

I realise that mate, however If you do have a spare thats not going to pop a fin or something that would be great. Dont need to run massive power for Cadwell :)

Your GT42 going to be spare by any chance :eyebrows:

Ill speak to Tim and see which one of us is down your way first in the coming weeks. Realistically I need to get the car back together before the second week of June to give me enough time to get it mapped with Ryan.

Also does anyone know what to torque the crank damper bolt up to?? Im assuming I can just put the car in gear to torque it up once ive got tention in the belt?

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

I realise that mate, however If you do have a spare thats not going to pop a fin or something that would be great. Dont need to run massive power for Cadwell :)

Your GT42 going to be spare by any chance :eyebrows:

Ill speak to Tim and see which one of us is down your way first in the coming weeks. Realistically I need to get the car back together before the second week of June to give me enough time to get it mapped with Ryan.

Also does anyone know what to torque the crank damper bolt up to?? Im assuming I can just put the car in gear to torque it up once ive got tention in the belt?

My 4094/42R will be available, its got a 4" ex outlet though. Steve's might be available though.....

• 2 weeks later...

Change of plans, it seems BW cant supply these EFR turbos as ive now been waiting since early Feb for mine and ive got bored of waiting. Time is also getting tight as the car has to be ready to run at the end of July and weekends are already busy in June. Plus need to get it booked in with Ryan for mapping.

So Paul Whiffin is going to be providing me a price for a Bullseye power S366 Batmowheel next week which we can hopefully get a bit quicker. Possibly a new fuel rail and some ID injectors too.

So watch this space.

Batmowheel seems a decent unit, what size you thinking of Mike?

Same as SteveL's so a S366 .91ar, im looking to improve spool up and not choak it at the top end. The T67 only had a low ar housing on and it really struggled at 160 +.

The two times issues with the T67 setup were evident were at Oulton park last year pulling out of the slow bends, and Ten of the Best - it ran out of puff in the standing KM at about 150 mph.

This is all of course unless anyone can lend me a T4 turbo with a 3" VBand for Time Attack at Cadwell park - then ill stick with the EFR :)

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Same as SteveL's so a S366 .91ar, im looking to improve spool up and get not choak it at the top end. The T67 only had a low ar housing on and it really struggled at 160 +.

The two times issues with the T67 setup were evident was at Oulton park last year pulling out of the slow bends, and Ten of the best - it ran out of puff in the standing KM at about 150 mph.

Strange, T67's rock for spool and power, i doubt it was a turbo issue tbh, something else in the setup must be holding it back.

My set up has always seemed very laggy, 2nd gear it delivers too much power and you just loose traction but then in 3rd youve got no power at all as your not on boost.

Hopefully with this new turbo side setup it will be much better.