M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so a bit of an update.

I spent most of the weekend just gone working on the car and am now happy to say the turbo side is built back up again with the new wastegate and turbo setup. Im happy with the progress and it makes the to do list a little smaller.

Eventually at 6 PM on Sunday I managed to turn her over and make sure oil was flowing through the system as its not been cranked for over 6 months. Shortly followed by a flat battery.

After a couple of hours charge and the coil packs reconnected she fired first time and ran for anout 30 seconds untill I discovered a monumental oil leak.

Im sure its just the oil drain on the turbo that does not mate up problem but I was bored then so ill have a look at that tomorrow or next Tuesday.

Ordered my Pirelli tyres for TA in July and looking to book mapping.

IMG_0183[1].jpg

IMG_0184[1].jpg

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
Looking good mate, be interesting to see what you think of the new setup once its done. Just need a nice fuel now! :innocent:

So nearly a year later :)

Ive now finished fitting the FPR and new fuel setup to try and finish off the project and get some power out of this batmowheel turbo. We choaked the fuel setup last year so was only capable of running 1.1 bar - even still it was stull running over 500 FWHP.

Mapping is now booked in for the 16th April and just got a few bits to tidy up.

Couple of questions, does anyone know what the stock fuel pressure in PSI is? Also has anyone ever had voltage drop off with a bosch 044 when holding 80 psi of pressure and how did you fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry mate i should just keep quiet sometimes, RHHP is no where near the same as RWHP, go put it on a rolling road and you will see.

My car is about 1000 flywheel hp, yet makes 1130 at the hubs.

RHHP = Rear Hubs Horse Power? Which - like the torque/bhp at the wheels, you can actually measure.

Flywheel numbers are the fudge-factor ones, with guesstimates for transmission losses added onto the measured outputs at the wheels/hubs (unless you remove the engine and send it to an engine dyno).

Or have I missed something? :search:

I'm not saying your car isn't >1200bhp, I'm more than sure it is - but the flywheel number is still the calculated one, the wheels/hubs is the measured figure.

edit to say: ...and it doesn't really matter which figure you prefer to use, as long as you compare the same one between cars (and the flywheel calculation is the same (i.e. represents the same transmission losses for identical cars). So in this case, your figure at the wheels, not at the flywheel.

Not having a pop, I'm confused as to you suggesting a car;s power output measured at the wheels/hubs isn't impressive, or isn't representative of a much bigger number at the flywheel. You know your stuff, which is why I'm confused! :)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Great result mate. Bringing it down to the next NW meet after I get mine back?

Yes Deffo, looking forward to your twin results :)

And it is the 67 equiv batmowheel turbo yes. Very impressed with it, spools quick and plenty of power.