The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*** Post JAE 2008 discussions thread ***

Pixelfill

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that happened that I think should be carried forward for every MKIV event is sleeping bag races... great fun ;)

It's gloves off next year, I'm talking drawing pins in sleeping bags .... but you were like a gremlin on acid:D:D:D

Vicki x

My God,

Is this the same club and group of people I have just spent the whole weekend with??????

I really think a chill pill needs to be taken by boths sides here. It was a car show, no one was hurt and everyone had value for their money. I am very new to this club and want to play an active roll at events, but folk really need to step back from the keyboard sometimes.

regards

Becuase your pretty much chatting a load of $#@!. YOU my dear were the first one to have a little old rant on a public forum and start this of, look at everyone elses post up until yours, if you wernt happy with it you should of contacted a mod. I was really trying not to be rude, but you should of just kept your mouth shut. I mean come one, what do you have to do with the money?!

Also im a little bored...of this thread...i think it needs to be locked personally. Ready for the next one to be made.

Pm sent.

I can't believe noone mentioned sausages :D

Me and Jola had a great time personally, a lot of laugh, a lot of beer and great company :)

About Mods attending to meet - problem is, that usually (want it or not) mods have power to create certain opinions or action just by doing nothing. They are still seen on forum as some kind of "senior" members and people will follow in general direction set by them. If there was no mods on the JAE list, non of them declaring to at least try and show up there, people automatically presumed, that party is not worth their involement (sp?) and missed it (their loss lol :D ).

RedM - You are not respecting members of the club by trying to put off some ultra mkivtists from Suprapod, which AFAIK is OUR party. I personally have nothing against other cars being there, but it's not the way to talk to us, mere folk.

CoolsBlue - jeez man, wtf is wrong with you. You look right now almost like woman I've seen in Wolves with huge tattoo on arm saying: "Dave's Big B***ch".

Mawby - location is maybe far away, but it was worth to go there, it's beautiful, sea breeze, great weather, terrain well prepared, there was good supply of Porta Cabins so we was not out of toilet or showers (although water just happen to turn cold when I got in :p ). Not too many traders, good food supplies, no constant revs, security on place, quite a few JAE team members to help out with info. I found place very entertaining, but I must admit I was under Havard's constant influence and you cannot just stay serious when he is around :D

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

Me and Jola had a great time personally, a lot of laugh, a lot of beer and great company :)

About Mods attending to meet - problem is, that usually (want it or not) mods have power to create certain opinions or action just by doing nothing. They are still seen on forum as some kind of "senior" members and people will follow in general direction set by them. If there was no mods on the JAE list, non of them declaring to at least try and show up there, people automatically presumed, that party is not worth their involement (sp?) and missed it (their loss lol :D ).

RedM - being wannabe Michael will not make you one. You are also not respecting members of this club, go and sit in the corner.

CoolsBlue - jeez man, wtf is wrong with you. You look right now almost like woman I've seen in Wolves with huge tattoo on arm saying: "Dave's Big B***ch".

Mawby - location is maybe far away, but it was worth to go there, it's beautiful, sea breeze, great weather, terrain well prepared, there was good supply of Porta Cabins so we was not out of toilet or showers (although water just happen to turn cold when I got in :p ). Not too many traders, good food supplies, no constant revs, security on place, quite a few JAE team members to help out with info. I found place very entertaing, but I must admit I was under Havard's constant influence and you cannot just stay serious when he is around :D

Your weaners were fab :D: not sure about the plum vodka;)

Vicki x

Got loads of pictures, haven't got software to re-size them for here (old laptop got nicked in burglary

Have put them in my FaceBook account... search under 'Pamela Reeves'!

EDIT: Try this... http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=730997804

Please mention mkiv (I get some very weird friend's requests!)

(Still trying to work out how to add the video!)

Going to bed at 11.30 before I keel over... if you want pics tonight, you've got 20 minutes to send me friends request on Facebook!

I, for one, and Sprog, for two, had a fantastic time.

RedM - being wannabe Michael will not make you one. You are also not respecting members of this club, go and sit in the corner.

Mawby - location is maybe far away, but it was worth to go there, it's beautiful, sea breeze, great weather, terrain well prepared, there was good supply of Porta Cabins so we was not out of toilet or showers (although water just happen to turn cold when I got in :p ). Not too many traders, good food supplies, no constant revs, security on place, quite a few JAE team members to help out with info. I found place very entertaing, but I must admit I was under Havard's constant influence and you cannot just stay serious when he is around :D

Your sausages were great thanks :tongue:

Im at page 9, im not going to read the rest until after this post.

First of all. For the people that did not go putting their 2p in.......shut the fuck up. you know who you are.

As far as I am aware, everyone had a damn good time? I have not got one complaint off anyone to say they had a bad time or it didn't live up to expectations. I fact I was rather overwhelmed with the people that came up to me and said goodbye how much of a great time they had.

For the people that actually bothered to come, I explained the situation friday night after the nightmare. In short, I had a team of 2 other events organisers that were coming on the day as well as a small group of reliable locals, perfectly adequate. Unfortunately, we had 1 EO unable to make it because of his car which left us with 2. Again, not a problem. The problem occured when the second EO didn't turn up, despite many a peoples efforts to get hold of him. That persons job was the most responsible one I had delegated, the food and drink. Because of this, I basically changed jobs to become emergency food and drink guy, leaving me no time to sort other problems. Even then the other problems were not the end of the world and I doubt it affected anyone's weekend in the slightest.

Money - Yes I spent alot, no I didn't expect to spend that amount, but hey, that's my job. I fthe shit really hit the fan, im sure finances could have come from other means. I even had several people kindly offer to help with the money :) Ill be reimbursed fully anyway. No one has done a runner with anything from the club.

I hated every fucking minute of it right up until the point people started leaving. I have never met such a group of appreciative people in my life :) Everyone seemed to have a not just a good, but a great time. It made my weekend to be honest.

Anyway, I want to say my bit now.

A massive thank you to the people that helped out. By that I mean Duane and Amy, Steve and Diane, Pamela, Dave, Ian, Mark and of course my better half. Another thanks goes out to the guys that done their bit behind the bar. All you guys went well beond what I asked of you. Your a credit to the club

Edited by DamanC (see edit history)

Hi all, Pixelfill sent me a pm to read and digest this thread then post a reply.

1stly, Daman, under what sounds like extreme difficulty you were fabulous, just what I would have expected. And as ever "the usual suspects" the members stepped into the breach and helped out. Mersea was never going to be an easy location for JAE but it sounds like it was a good time.

Last year's cash was pre-sent to me by cheque from the club so I could cash it (I think) and we pre booked the beer / soft drinks then used Envy's transit to pick it up and a large number of volunteers to load / unload it along with the bread buns. The food we got from bookers and the same for the loading unloading etc. Then the usual suspects worked together as 1 team of mates like it sounds happened this year.

If I remeber rightly Mawby brought me some petty cash the year before.

JAE is a club event ran by 1 or 2 events co-ordinators with a big list of volunteers it is what we make of it. I needed time off from organising as it is a year long thing, and personally I think Damon went over and above this year. To say last year was better is easy as it was my 3rd year and you learn more and more each year. So lets remember its a club event and focus on the good things. I am sure Damon will be better and better every year. :D

So hat's off to all who attended, I missed seeing all my friends, carrying Steve Crane's megaphone and making new mates, hope to see you all again soon.

As for the Mod bashing, well we only pick fault when we don't like something, me included, but this is about the members who turn up and always has been IMHO. I am sure JB & co would have been there if they could.

Lastly I believe an agreement was made to have it at Mersea for at least 3 years.

See you at the Pod I hope:D

Oh yeah, just to add, I had to pop out Sat afternoon for a few hours. Was hoping to get back to camp a bit earlier that evening but due to the site organisers deciding to stop people leaving at 4pm for an hour, due to a wedding going on I ended up racing back at 10pm.

I thought it was a little inconsiderate on their behalf, not inform those on site, as they must have had some prior notice of booked wedding events considering we already had to factor-in possible tidal road closures, if needing to leave the site at any point.

Due to this, i missed the offensive music set. I did however (after playing catch-up on a few cans of Scrumpy) enjoy the 8min "Old Skool Club Classics CD" set which seemed to move swiftly onto another genre, possibly in an attempt to keep everyoone happy.

Maybe next time something like music selction could be put to a previous club poll and purhaps have it structured in hourly sets ie. 8pm-9pm Cheesy Hour and so on, so people would know when to avoid the "dance floor" as it were.

Well, Dave and I had a great time. We got there around 11 on saturday, and missed the previous evening's shenanigans, but I for one found it a very relaxing, friendly weekend, and I for one would like to thank everyone for their hard work.

If I'd known that help was needed I would've volunteered, as it enhances the experience etc, so apologies I didn't serve the drinks at some point. The food was fabulous, and there was plenty of drink to go around. Thank you Daman. I'm sure you'll get reimbursed soon :)

It was really nice to meet the people behind the typewritten copy, and above all else, everyone really was friendly and my friend Dave especially enjoyed all the Supras, and cannot wait to get another one soon.

I'll be looking forward to next years's event, especially if you book some decent weather again, too :)