The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*** Post JAE 2008 discussions thread ***

Pixelfill

So how does it compare to Billing?

If they have gone back to limited space and a slow entry / exit road it seems silly not to consider Billing again, far more central, close to some major roads, sounds like a similar setup to this new place all round to me.

Michael,

IMHO, billing is still the number one location, more central as such compared to the last few years. But I believe ruled out by the Organisation as too small. There was a talk earlier in the year of us doing our own thing in the summer and doing it at Billing or even arranging something aroud the Pod

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

IMHO, billing is still the number one location, more central as such compared to the last few years. But I believe ruled out by the Organisation as too small. There was a talk earlier in the year of us doing our own thing in the summer and doing it at Billing or even arranging something aroud the Pod

I remember them saying that it was too small but couldn't really understand this, JAE only ever booked part of the area and there was usually another show going on at the other side. I think it was the Ford Granada lot last time I went.

They reckon they can hold 10,000 people at Billing, how does that compare to the new one?

I remember them saying that it was too small but couldn't really understand this, JAE only ever booked part of the area and there was usually another show going on at the other side. I think it was the Ford Granada lot last time I went.

They reckon they can hold 10,000 people at Billing, how does that compare to the new one?

We never really took it all to Billing, it was my first JAE and the club stand was a single Gazebo, the introduction was great as the guys sorted out my broken drivers seat and manually unwound it as such to make the drive home easier for me (thanks Jake)

It should be more central as it did and will continue to alienate a load of Northern people. I knew I'd not have a car (bit like last year) so didn't want to commit but a 5+ hour journey each way would have been far to long for me.

Let's see what people say and take it from there, strange for me to agree with you, perhaps I am mellowing :D

Cant help but laugh at the fact i woke up sunday morning covered in perment marker! haha that will teach me to pass out completely wasted in the marquee. (im not drinking wiskey again!)

Thanks for all the comments guys glad people did have a good time, All i can say is now Daman and myself know what needs to be done and how much organisation it takes we can make next year bigger and better and hopefully more people will attend and enjoy it as much as everyone did this year.

you know breakfast sunday morning was the best full english you've ever had too ;)

just like to say i had a good time with you lot made some lasting mates up jae and it wasnt me that covered you in marker even though i got the blame for it in the morning. if looks could kill. ask the other lad who really did it. (the tent you tried to park the swift in). im rich matts mate.

Guest Killer Heels

I had a great time at JAE - this was my second and i dont think you can compare it again last year mainly due to the weather.

We were all thrown together in the marque last year due to the weather, where as this year we were much more spread out.

If it had rained this year then i think there would have been more mingling between the few little groups that were formed.

Re the music as has already been said it was not to everybodies taste but since we could sit outside moving away from the marque was not a problem (and made a great course for the sleeping bag olympics).

When we arrived we were told there was not food or drink - Thanks to Daman / Diane etc for the many runs to the shops for the supplies and in the end all turned out well.

We were debatable when we first heard of the location but i am very glad we decided to go as it was lovely (although a lot smaller then Peterborough).

I think a static event like this is always good for meeting the people that you talk to on the forum and putting names to faces etc, rather than somthing like Suprapod which will be very much a day of people sat on their own in a car waiting to run, with the only people mingling being those not running!

No matter what happens not everybody is going to be happy and those who cant make there own fun and entertainment will have a bad time. I think i can say on behalf of the people i was sat with we had a great laugh.

I just hope that the bad feeling about JAE this year doesn't put people off attending future large event.

Again i would just like to thank those who ran the bar, BBQ'ed, shopped etc for making the weekend run smooth and as always Ian Ian for his curry.

Kate

x

Edited by Killer Heels (see edit history)

I have just got back from mersea as we stayed over in the campsite for an extra days hangover cure:d

I just want to say that my wife,son and i had a wonderfull weekend ,just couldnt have asked for better weather. Daman and his crew of helpers did a fantastic job and are a real credit to the club:)

The venue was great and i will be going back again next year.

A big thanks to all who went to make this happen:thumbs:

One thing that happened that I think should be carried forward for every MKIV event is sleeping bag races... great fun ;)

I saw this and omg that looked like fun!!:cool:

I dont post on here much anymore as im not a supra owner no more. Do miss her:( But just wanted to post up to say thank you to the people there makeing your club feel welcomeing. I thought they did a grand job. Only know a few from the club who brought me over.

Been to a fair number of JAEs now and must say out of all that I have been to found mkiv supra stand not only to look good (all them supras :drool:) but the way they organised it to be fab.

Big thank you to all involved:cool:

Ps, let me know when the next mkiv sleeping bag race event is on :D

Well all the others have had a say so I might as well.

I was face down in the gutter at 04:00 Sat morning after a tremendous night out with work following a customer open day on Friday and two staff members leaving. I had a tremendous time. :D :friday:

That and CW had my Supra all weekend to fit my new Ohlins. :nana:

Even despite that I was still unlikely to travel to Mersea island. It just smelled of disaster from offset. I was really saddened by this having been to JAE the 5 years previous and thoroughly enjoyed it every year. Let's face it, £100 of fuel plus however much on booze and accommodation it's not a cheap game either.

I've decided I'm going to have more fun at Supra Pod and Llandow. :thumbs:

just like to say i had a good time with you lot made some lasting mates up jae and it wasnt me that covered you in marker even though i got the blame for it in the morning. if looks could kill. ask the other lad who really did it. (the tent you tried to park the swift in). im rich matts mate.

:D

Nothing to do with me! It was the DJ :lol:

And true to say the two morning stints I did at the breakfast BBQ was enough to make me want to die. :)

cheers for the breakfast buddy great hang over cure also the help with pitchin my tent but think your tent taking down skills where the high light of the weekend lol :D:d

cheers for the breakfast buddy great hang over cure also the help with pitchin my tent but think your tent taking down skills where the high light of the weekend lol :D:d

I had to explain where the tent was when got home..LOL:D

But the tent did not want to play the game and I'd had enough of its shite..:eyebrows: