The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*** Post JAE 2008 discussions thread ***

Pixelfill

NW party possy!!

We had a great time especially the sleeping bag races as mentioned previously, unfortunatley they didn't go on too long as after a couple of runs we couldn't breathe :)

EDIT: I know D&b is not to evryones taste but i think Damon pulled him in at short notice, On the morning infact i believe

No the music wasn't to everyone's taste, but like Havard said to Daman on the night your never going to please everyone no matter what music you pick.

This was another of example of Daman trying his best to make sure everyone had the best weekend possible and as Jamesmark said the people who didn't like it just took themselves away from it.

Edited by _Lynz_
missed a word out (see edit history)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of girls, you know if I'd have been made a mod things would have been different...

I still wouldn't have attended but I might have given infraction points to more of you :)

The prospect of a Northern JAE is interesting, Billing was just about acceptable to me, way too far with the current location though, may as well be in France.

And true to say the two morning stints I did at the breakfast BBQ was enough to make me want to die. :)

lol.. glad you stuck it out because it was the only thing that got me going sunday morning, nice sausage and egg roll.

Was good to meet you to mate. :thumbs:

That never really works, you just have to go with the flow...

Hopefully next year I can get the Saturday night off, it's been a few years since I last went to JAE. If so, happy to help out in any way - if you want an event to work, you can't expect it all to be laid out on a platter for you - roll up your sleeves and pitch in :)

Going with the flow didn't work unfortunately, an evening of structured "sets" seem to work for mainstream clubs etc which try and cater for a wider range of musical tastes and drunkeness.

We could always try and upstage the Mitsi 3000GT chaps next year by taking over the next entire shows evening entertainment "Glastonbury style" and have a number of varying music tents to pick and choose from! ........If i come up with anymore crap suggestions i'lll let you know! :D

I would like to say a big thank you to Daman,Dibbley Steve crane and every one else who put on a great club stand for us the members.I only made sunday but had a great time.It was good to put a few more new faces to names and great to catch up with some old ones.To the south west contingent thanks for the afternoon water entertainment.Iwill try to get down your way for a weekend some time soon.

Thanks again to everyone.

Stevie.

Going with the flow didn't work unfortunately, an evening of structured "sets" seem to work for mainstream clubs etc which try and cater for a wider range of musical tastes and drunkeness.

We could always try and upstage the Mitsi 3000GT chaps next year by taking over the next entire shows evening entertainment "Glastonbury style" and have a number of varying music tents to pick and choose from! ........If i come up with anymore crap suggestions i'lll let you know! :D

Did they have some kind of Christmas theme going on ?

This was my 1st Jae, And i have to admit i could not see what was going to be fun about an event where there was no actual car action, But i had a great time, my girlfriend and I kept pretty much to our selfs, But was great to say hello to a few members. I want to say a thank you to who ever rescued me friday night when i arrived, It was pretty much dark, Got to the stand and had no idea where to park up, Sat there like a right plum, Was going to get out and ask but everyone looked like they were either enjoying watching my confusion or having to much fun, Also thanks very much to the two people that helped out with a place too put the tent, Think one of you was dibbley (dibbleyuk), Sorry if not :taped:

Edited by Missile (see edit history)

Did they have some kind of Christmas theme going on ?

Think it was some sorta "Hawaii/Holiday Beach Style" theme with inflatable palm trees etc.

I had a great weekend. I was never hungry or sober!! :p

Sums up the weekend for me too, which made it a goodun for me!

No-one's mentioned cake!

I've never seen people move so fast!

Damn it, I missed CAKE! They spent the whole Sat afternoon staring at me from their inviting boxes, won't let that happen again!

Have to say Daman put on a cracking show and the marquee was fantastic as always.

I'm fairly surprised to here that people thought it was a good show though as I thought it had a few glaring holes to be honest!

I didn't spend much time at the stand on Sat night as I'd have liked to have as I made it round quite a few stands which is unusal for me :p

The location was quite frankly horrific unless you lived in Essex. Everyone I'd spoke to said it was a trek getting there, it was even 3 hours from Kent - I can get from Newcastle to Northampton in that time!

The site was small - there is no room for expansion, however it did create an more friendly atmosphere which worked. Entry and exit to the site? > Absolute disaster.

Surrounding road network? > Nightmare to get too. Trade stands? Hardly any, probably because of distance. The ones that were there lost money after expenses. Attendance was *well* down on previous years, there was hardly anyone left at 11am on Sunday which is completely different to past years.

However the weather was great, sea/beach is a nice addition and the on-site organisation seemed better with decent security, good facilities & regular bin empty'ing.

Guess we'll see what the future brings.

I know ;)

My point being that in a bar/club environent you never really schedule specific times for these sets, you tend to go with what is working and what requests you have coming in, coupled with your usual styles for the night and what feedback you get from the people you are playing to/for.

Unless you're a chicago rock DJ, then you have to deal with management-led music target policies, and you have my pity!!

Wow that's a long thread...

Firstly wanted to say a massive thanks to Daman, Dibley and Steve for organising and running everything as well as everyone else who helped out (there were loads of people) As usual I couldn't remember everyones names but I'm sure I'll get there in the end ;) I also wanted to say thanks to everyone I spoke to as we were (as always) made to feel very welcome.

Zoe and I had an awesome weekend and I'm sure we'll be going again next year.

The actual site was awesome, right on the sea with loads of toilet and shower facilities (although sometimes cold) We went and sat on the breakers on Sat night watching the sea come in while watching the fireworks and listening to christmas songs (very weird) The weather was awesome which helped. Was great to meet loads of new faces and some old ones - the members really made this event for us.

TBH,I was a bit dissapointed with the causeway onto the island - after everything ppl had said before the event I had built it up in my mind to be some giant wave-washed wall surrounded by ocean spray and covered in half an inch of water... but it turned out in reality to be a very dry road :(

As far as the problems went...

• The food and drink issue (money) was dealt with very quickly and there was never really a lack of either.
  • The camping issue could have been a problem but our speedy aquisition of the assualt course camp site made for an awesome change from the norm.
  • the mix up with the plot was annoying but we extended it on the Saturday which helped loads, hopefully problems like that will be resolved next year.
  • I agree about the Location... it's too far south but until something better shows up Mersea is a good venue...

Only real problem was the turnout. People took offence to the relocation, date change late planning of the event etc. which is understandable.

In protest and in disgust when I saw the location some months back, I decided I would not attend. Simple as that really.

I think this prob sums up why most people didn't turn up...

Have to say Daman put on a cracking show and the marquee was fantastic as always.

I'm fairly surprised to here that people thought it was a good show though as I thought it had a few glaring holes to be honest!

I didn't spend much time at the stand on Sat night as I'd have liked to have as I made it round quite a few stands which is unusal for me :p

The location was quite frankly horrific unless you lived in Essex. Everyone I'd spoke to said it was a trek getting there, it was even 3 hours from Kent - I can get from Newcastle to Northampton in that time!

The site was small - there is no room for expansion, however it did create an more friendly atmosphere which worked. Entry and exit to the site? > Absolute disaster.

Surrounding road network? > Nightmare to get too. Trade stands? Hardly any, probably because of distance. The ones that were there lost money after expenses. Attendance was *well* down on previous years, there was hardly anyone left at 11am on Sunday which is completely different to past years.

However the weather was great, sea/beach is a nice addition and the on-site organisation seemed better with decent security, good facilities & regular bin empty'ing.

I agree about the trader stand's. I think there were only between 5 - 10 including Auto glym and another polish car care style stand. Kind of expected more, Saved a load of money, Normally buy things i don't need...

I must say, that I can't disagree with that statement. It did seem as though we were a bit isolated out there on the island, especially if we're meant to be attracting the general public too.

Thankfully the weather was fantastic. If it wasn't I don't think we'd stayed overnight TBH.