The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

Here's the targets

9. 8.04@172 Dana Westover/Virtual Works Auto GT47-88, full weight

10. 8.04@168 Dave Henry '94 na-t GT4788/AEM/PG/E-98 fuel

11. [email protected] (Tim Robards driver) RRev Motorsports Supra 3.0liter, 47-88 40 psi, nitrous to spool, high compression, methanol, TH400

12. 8.19@166 Chris Anderson AAP Powerglide, drag radials

13. 8.28@170 Ian Polan/WOTM Auto Glide 88mm 3300lbs Drag Radials

14. 8.34 @ 189.84 Twins Turbo Dry sumped 3.0 liter engine on VP Th400 1 stage NX 150 shot ( car has two stages ) MoTec M800 Tuned by Shane T IRS with Factory rear (We swapped out the 9" to change ratios) Precision Pro Mod 90 turbo Boost logged at 64 PSI Car weighs 3200 LBS W/O driver. Timeslip

15. [email protected] Larry Prebis Sound Performance Auto Full weight

16. 8.45@162 Marko D. Sound Performance Full weight daily driver

17. 8.46@166 Errol@TPS

18. 8.50 @ 161 dynosaur(Ross Baird) 3.4L Th-400 GT 47-88 3550 lbs http://www.qb2productions.com/videos/darkside/pass.wmv

19. 8.54@163 south florida turbo 3.0 80mm turbo 150 shot power glide haltech (crispeed tuned) 3130lb mk4

20. 8.58@165 Dan Willie Batlground Engineering Auto

10.3@144 6 Speed Drag Radials

21. 8.73 @ 161mph Clark Hamilton 47-88 TH-400 39psi Daily driven (9.80 @ 153mph 6speed)

Plenty on DR's and plenty of daily drivers, prob all on stock rear ends and full weight.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last season 13 of us where pulled by the official VOSA roadside squat team! they had 4 4 poster ramps and where inspecting evry 3rd car that came along the road, When we all rolled along we where ALL pulled in, out of 13 3 cars had prohibition notices, All for noise ONLY, 2 of them the noise was coming from the pro chargers at the front!! This was hailed as a credit to the class.

The Vosa team where towing away un roadworthy cars by the dozen.

All 3 cars where taken along and re-mot'd of course passing with flying colours. Most of these older cars have very loose legislation on what noise and regulations they should meet. An mot'er does not know how it should sound, it can come down to having to resemble the original manufacturers specifications, Most SE cars ARE actually as quiet as a standard car, unless they are nailed, hence the word "Street CRUISE" just cruisin baby...;-)

Each time you have posted Scott i have said i understand what you are saying, i still understand;)

No bother, just seemed like you were putting forward counter arguments against what I was saying so thought you weren't following me :)

Is that the official world record? Like guiness world record or whatever holds the official 1/4 mile records?

No one like Guiness will do an official world record for a single make car, who cares its fastest road legal car full stop, not one car will tell you the truth about its full spec, it will be 'sure that run was pump gas' how would you know is 98 with power pour pump gas??? no thats like sasying its pump gas................................with a gallon of toluene, some methanol, nitro and octane booster, pump gas is out of a pump nothing added, I would happily run 2.5 bar on 98 with the power pour, thats not pump gas. People get too set on ive done this or that, enjoy the cars for what they are very fast very expensive big boys toys.

So as far as the fastest road legal car in the world goes, and the fastest jap road legal car in the world goes, nothing is actually official? It's all just youtube and timeslips? Edit: Oh and take the owners word for it with no checks/testing?

I'm not trying to be clever here by the way, I honestly don't know and it seems mental to me if this is the case.

Last season 13 of us where pulled by the official VOSA roadside squat team! they had 4 4 poster ramps and where inspecting evry 3rd car that came along the road, When we all rolled along we where ALL pulled in, out of 13 3 cars had prohibition notices, All for noise ONLY, 2 of them the noise was coming from the pro chargers at the front!! This was hailed as a credit to the class.

The Vosa team where towing away un roadworthy cars by the dozen.

All 3 cars where taken along and re-mot'd of course passing with flying colours. Most of these older cars have very loose legislation on what noise and regulations they should meet. An mot'er does not know how it should sound, it can come down to having to resemble the original manufacturers specifications, Most SE cars ARE actually as quiet as a standard car, unless they are nailed, hence the word "Street CRUISE" just cruisin baby...;-)

your missing the point which is the point you are making, ALL the cars are altered to do the cruise, how many race with a CAT and would make their emmission target (older cars won't have this problem) sure you can plug a laptop in and input a tune that with a sports cat may just scrape thru but try and run it like that, I had VOSA look at a stock BPU car and the guy pulled it to pieces, they can ask you to rev it, its not just tick over, open WG is totally illegal. No there is no DB limit BUT as the VOSA guy explained the wording is of the lines of causing a nuisance and as he said in HIS opinion it was too loud and thats what matterd, HIS opinion.

So as far as the fastest road legal car in the world goes, and the fastest jap road legal car in the world goes, nothing is actually official? It's all just youtube and timeslips? Edit: Oh and take the owners word for it with no checks/testing?

I'm not trying to be clever here by the way, I honestly don't know and it seems mental to me if this is the case.

Who is the current heavyweight world boxing champ ??? and Heavyweight cage fighting champ ???

Who is the current heavyweight world boxing champ ??? and Heavyweight cage fighting champ ???

UFC - Cain Velasquez

Boxing - There are a few

I don't see the comparison though. All fighters are checked prior to the fight for having anything to aid them in the fight, wouldn't be the first time someone has removed the stuffing from their gloves. Also there is performance enhacing drugs tests etc.

Yes you see the victory on tv but it is strictly governed and in order to become one of those champions you are under the same ruling which is in black and white. In order to beat the best you need to be the best, not buy better tyres and say "road legal" in the video heading.

UFC - Cain Velasquez

Boxing - There are a few

I don't see the comparison though. All fighters are checked prior to the fight for having anything to aid them in the fight, wouldn't be the first time someone has removed the stuffing from their gloves. Also there is performance enhacing drugs tests etc.

Yes you see the victory on tv but it is strictly governed and in order to become one of those champions you are under the same ruling which is in black and white. In order to beat the best you need to be the best, not buy better tyres and say "road legal" in the video heading.

No Scott that is the point and you have answered it UFC !!!! But there are other organizations, so those champions will claim the title as you also said in boxing there are prob 5 diff world champions in diff organizations, its not in my eyes a quantifiable claim as it will always have a variable aside from the how many non Toyota bits are fitted, if you are saying I have the worlds fastest Aston martin it should be that an Aston Martin, not an aston with a chevy box, ford diff, mercedes fuelpump, and BMW gear lever, ALL the major mechanical parts should be from the manufacturer (modified however you want ) but stock casings and same amount of cylinders etc. is a Pro Mod car eligable as a contender if you get it to drive on the road. Even my car if I fit a 5 speed seq box is no longer really a toyota is it ????

No Scott that is the point and you have answered it UFC !!!! But there are other organizations, so those champions will claim the title as you also said in boxing there are prob 5 diff world champions in diff organizations, its not in my eyes a quantifiable claim as it will always have a variable aside from the how many non Toyota bits are fitted, if you are saying I have the worlds fastest Aston martin it should be that an Aston Martin, not an aston with a chevy box, ford diff, mercedes fuelpump, and BMW gear lever, ALL the major mechanical parts should be from the manufacturer (modified however you want ) but stock casings and same amount of cylinders etc. is a Pro Mod car eligable as a contender if you get it to drive on the road. Even my car if I fit a 5 speed seq box is no longer really a toyota is it ????

Thems the rules though John, they are written in black and white and anyone can feel free to take a crack at it. You asked about the UFC, not the other organisations. The best in the UFC is not necessarily the best in the world, just the best in the UFC.

If there are no official rules for running a street car then there are no official world records. If there are rules for certain countries, and certain events.. then fine. You can be the fastest in that country given those rules, and the fastest at that event given those rules but you cannot claim to be the fastest in the world as other people in the world are restricted by different rules.

Edit: It would seem there may be a gap in the market here, a world class of street drag would be ideal.

Thems the rules though John, they are written in black and white and anyone can feel free to take a crack at it. You asked about the UFC, not the other organisations. The best in the UFC is not necessarily the best in the world, just the best in the UFC.

If there are no official rules for running a street car then there are no official world records. If there are rules for certain countries, and certain events.. then fine. You can be the fastest in that country given those rules, and the fastest at that event given those rules but you cannot claim to be the fastest in the world as other people in the world are restricted by different rules.

Again Scott and im only trying to show how confusing it is, I never mentioned UFC, you did, I said cage fighting !!! do you see where im going, you immediatly think UFC, you may also think a Supra with a big block chevy and street Lenco is a Supra........ imo it aint and hence this discussinon of fastest supra/drag car/street car will always have a diff opinion and never ever be settled.

Edit: It would seem there may be a gap in the market here, a world class of street drag would be ideal.

Thats as close as we are likely to get.

Thanks!

Topspeed Automotive Ltd are pleased to announce their appointment as an approved Hoosier Tire agent

We have an exclusive batch of ‘Hoosier Quick Time DOT’ tyres (Street Eliminator approved!) which are compliant with the new European legislation regarding tyre production methods.

These tyres have been specifically manufactured by Hoosier for the UK market to counter new European laws regarding tyres made with ‘dirty oil’.

Immediately available are the common sizes 31x18.5x15 @ £233.00 ea and 33x22.5x15 @ £285.00 each. All plus VAT & delivery. Pre orders of these tyres can be fulfilled at the Main Event.

Other tyre sizes will be available over the coming months alongside Hoosier slicks, front tyres & front runners etc.

Topspeed are excited at this new opportunity and are looking forward to successful relationship with Hoosier and all of the race teams through this and the coming seasons.

All enquires to Bill or Vinnie on 01932 341700 or email [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...