The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial - Group Buy INTEREST Thread!

Pabs

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update:

Received the S2000 aerial yesterday so I now have all the parts to enable me to get the extension bar made. I will endeavor to pop and see the chap who will be machining them this week to get one machined for a test fit :)

I'm just curious, why use the S2000, isn't it possible to make a extension bar for a much smaller antenna? like mercedes or something else which is much shorter? I seen some on the US forum which use a very small one which is like 2-3cm higher than the stock one in down position.

I'm just curious, why use the S2000, isn't it possible to make a extension bar for a much smaller antenna? like mercedes or something else which is much shorter? I seen some on the US forum which use a very small one which is like 2-3cm higher than the stock one in down position.

Do you have a link to the one you've mentioned, I'd be interested in taking a look :)

The only reason the kit is been made for the S2000 aerial is because I thought that is what everyone liked and wanted :search: If everyone decides they like different aerial I can make it to suit another one instead. Let me know your thoughts everyone please :)

Do you have a link to the one you've mentioned, I'd be interested in taking a look :)

The only reason the kit is been made for the S2000 aerial is because I thought that is what everyone liked and wanted :search: If everyone decides they like different aerial I can make it to suit another one instead. Let me know your thoughts everyone please :)

Sorry! I just read that the antenna I was talking about had bad resemption + the S2000 is ampfied so it is perfect. Sorry for interruption. I would like to order one S2000 when you finish the brackets:)

Edited by Zofix (see edit history)

Update:

Been to see the guy tonight about making the extension bars and left the details with him. I will be speaking to him next week when I'm back at work Wednesday about the sample one and cost. Nearly there lads :)

You going to become a member before you buy it, Marco79?

I'd like one as my current aerial is busted in the mid-way position.

Am now a lifetime member thanks ;) :p for some reason my membership didn't renew automaticly this time round :o

Update:

The guy from the machining company came round to pick up some work I needed doing today so I gave him the grommet and S2000 aerial so he can machine the sample to suit. I'll chase him up next week to see how he's doing.