The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial - Group Buy INTEREST Thread!

Pabs

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I am intersted in the stubby aerial kit. matty boy gee

Don't think it's being sold as a kit anymore matt if you read an earlier post.

I'd be interested in the extension bar thing if you still fancy making some of them Pabs. Up to you mate.

I'm working on it folks, just not going as quickly as planned now :(

Would people be up for paying up in advance (full price) so that it could still be sold as a kit? I'd need to guarantee that my suppliers can still supply though.

GUYS/GALS:

WE ONLY HAVE A MAX OF 40 POTENTIAL KITS - THIS THREAD IS NOW ALREADY OVER IT'S LIMIT.

The first post has the first 40 names on, if you're not on the list, unfortunately you're not in the 40 possibles unless someone pulls out.

I'm working on it folks, just not going as quickly as planned now :(

Would people be up for paying up in advance (full price) so that it could still be sold as a kit? I'd need to guarantee that my suppliers can still supply though.

I'd be alright with that obviously it's more handy to have as a kit. If personal stuff meant you couldn't go ahead with this it wouldn't be the end of the world btw :) Just incase you felt like you had to since there's a load of names down.

I don't like to pull out of things when I kinda get people's hopes up, had it done to me and such.

I've PM'd mods to find out how to get the GB verified and in full swing - speaking to suppliers again to see if I can get bits all supplied in bulk.

UPDATE TO ALL!!!!

FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED ACCORDINGLY - GB IS CLOSED TO NEW REQUESTS, and the ball is in motion to get this finished.

I will PM people with more info about costs/payment etc as soon as I know from suppliers.

****UPDATE******

I Think the total cost for the stubby aerial kit, including postage, paid by paypal, will be £35. If paying by direct bank transfer or cheque then it'd only be £34.

Hopefully this price is still acceptable. If it's not, PM me. It's not 100% confirmed yet, but it's assuming the suppliers don't put their prices up for a larger quantity.

GB has been fully approved now too, so I'll write a brand new thread with exact details etc and then PM all 40 people as and when needed.

Cheers

GUYS/GALS:

WE ONLY HAVE A MAX OF 40 POTENTIAL KITS - THIS THREAD IS NOW ALREADY OVER IT'S LIMIT.

The first post has the first 40 names on, if you're not on the list, unfortunately you're not in the 40 possibles unless someone pulls out.

Please let me know if someone pulls out, gutted I didn't see this thread on time :)

***UPDATE***

I've had some replies from my suppliers, but the only one I've not heard back from is the supplier for the S2000 aerial mast.

Doing my best to reduce the prices as well, but no guarantee's yet either.

Really sorry this is taking longer than I expected, initially responses were instant - now they seem to take ages to reply :(

• 2 weeks later...

No good update I'm afraid.

I'm really sorry, but I'm a bit stuck with regards to making a kit now. The piece I am missing is the actual aerial mast itself (the s2000 bit) - suppliers just can't deliver the quantity it seems.

One option is for me to simply provide the extension pieces @ whatever price it costs, and do them with the "Burna Bracket" - that way all you'll need to source yourselves are the aerial amplifer (base) and the stubby aerial itself.

Otherwise this GB may have to be cancelled :'(

well I'll hopefully have an update this weekend/early next week.

Situation is that my car has the one and only extension piece on it, as it was a prototype, so to speak. So I've got to get the car back so that we can slightly alter the prototype, and then get all measurements for more to be manufacturered.

So long as this all goes well, I'll put up a GB thread for the extension and brackets.

• 2 weeks later...