The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial - Group Buy INTEREST Thread!

Pabs

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

brakes?

ive contacted burma saying that there is interest in this group buy so just waiting on a reply

As I said to Shaun in an early PM, if he wants to organise the group buy I will send him the brackets needed when all the parts are sourced and he will send me the money for them when he receives payments from members, basically exactly the same as what Paul (Pabs) asked me to do last time :)

Sorry folks, I still can't make the bits :(

I was let down by a few things, i was SOOOOOO close to having this finished. My own aerial was of course done as a prototype, but the car then got sold so i don't even have that any more......

All of the info should be in this thread as to what is needed, and if anyone organises this and needs any info I can do my best to help, although I'm sure there are a few other peeps with knowledge on this!

If it helps I could look at getting the extension bars made, if you have a drawing Paul I will look at how much it would cost me to get them made. The only thing I will say is that I cant afford to buy these extension bars in advance like I did with the brackets, mainly because I laid out cash for the brackets and they have just sat there for god knows how long :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
The Stubby Aerial Kit will comprise of the following:

1. Honda S2000/Civic Type-R Aerial

2. Autoleads Amplified Car Aerial

3. Custom Bracket from Burna

4. Custom aerial extension produced for me

Anyone know the model number or product codes for the Autoleads Amplified Car aerial (#2)? Been though all there catalogues online and cant find anything even remotely similar..

Guys,

I've had a PM from Burna about trying to sort this out - Burna - sorry I haven't replied yet mate.... I'm rushing through packing my bags as I'm off on hols for 2 weeks.

Will try and knock together a quick reply, but not sure how much info I have to give.

Cheers!

read the posts - it's got nothing to do with me now - think Burna is trying to sort it out. It's taken tooo many attempts! lol

Burna - check your PM's - sent you a load of images, links and whatever I have on it.

Cheers

I'm struggling to be honest trying to find a way of figuring all this out. Paul (Pabs) has sent me some info which is great, whats not so great is Paul doesn't have a drawing of the extension bar he made to suit the S200 aerial he fitted, I understand why, as he made it as a bespoke item to get his done, then sold the car before he got chance to measure it all up :(

I need to devote more time and money to this which at the moment is a struggle. My end goal is to offer the stubby aerial conversion as a full kit with fitting instruction (subject to mods approval) but that is a way off yet.

Sorry Steveo as I know you are in a rush for this, but the way I am it's something that I need to get exactly right before I commit to offering it to fellow members, I hope you understand.

is there no one else that has a bracket that they could take off ther car and mesure up ? or was the bracket a one off ?

cheers for the work burna

do you have the extension bars then ? coz i might have to nip down the metal smith on camp and see what they can knock up as far as the bracket is concerned , well if they can anyway

is there no one else that has a bracket that they could take off ther car and mesure up ? or was the bracket a one off ?

cheers for the work burna

do you have the extension bars then ? coz i might have to nip down the metal smith on camp and see what they can knock up as far as the bracket is concerned , well if they can anyway

I think you've misread my post mate, I have the brackets, it's just the extension bar I'm going to have to mess about with. As we speak I'm looking into sourcing all the parts so I can get the extension bar machined to suit and then test fitted :)

Thanks Burma.... also waiting patiently :)

My electric aerial has given up the ghost and just makes the motor sound when I turn the radio on and off... it works (stays in upright position), but I'm looking forward to sorting it :)

when i was a kid i used to machine the screw in brake bosses for my claude butler bike they were quite fiddly but i managed to do them what anyone care to measure up the diameter of the hole on the inside and the size of the outside of the grommet ? i deploy tomorrow so wont be able find a machine just yet

I wonder if one kind member would take their aerial off so someone could copy the extension bar?

The problem is that Pabs sold the car with the only one he made, it is a different design to the extension bar used in the original stubby aerial group buy arranged by Imi. The new design is a great improvement as it re-uses the factory grommet that is fitted to the original aerial, which gives you a 100% vertical aerial. I first need to source all the parts so I can get the extension bar made to suit, then I will test fit the whole kit to make sure it is perfect this is the one I'm hoping to replicate.

Below are photo's of the finished article on Pabs old car, as you can see it is perfectly vertical due to using the factory grommet. This is the kit I hope to replicate for everyone.

image[/