The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial - Group Buy INTEREST Thread!

Pabs

yeh sorry folks, still not sure whats going on. Depending on circumstances, I might be able to do something about it this sunday, but will try and keep you posted.

Hey Paul. We have tried stubby gb's twice over the last year. No luck at all. :(

You're the only member I can find successfully achieve a stubby fit in that time. I can wait.

Sort yourself out first bud.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh i know mate :( gutted as I thought I had this one in the bag and sorted.

I'm still hoping to be able to supply the burna brackets and extension pieces - leaving you all to get the last 2 bits on your own.

Will see how things go! Cheers for your support tho mate - GREATLY appreciated!

yeh i know mate :( gutted as I thought I had this one in the bag and sorted.

I'm still hoping to be able to supply the burna brackets and extension pieces - leaving you all to get the last 2 bits on your own.

Will see how things go! Cheers for your support tho mate - GREATLY appreciated!

Been there mate. Several times. :(

It's the amp that poses the problems mate. Burna is tops withe brackets M5W TT and myself found that. He supplied imi's gb.

Baz did extensions and still has specs and also offered his services. Getting the aerials and amps was and is the prob. Gaz at Envy can supply the S2000's for 18 quid. Leaves the amp. There's always one bit let's us down.

You had the most promising solution for yonks.

Personally I'd let it go until you're sorted mate. It's an "interest" thread after all.

Been there mate. Several times. :(

It's the amp that poses the problems mate. Burna is tops withe brackets M5W TT and myself found that. He supplied imi's gb.

Baz did extensions and still has specs and also offered his services. Getting the aerials and amps was and is the prob. Gaz at Envy can supply the S2000's for 18 quid. Leaves the amp. There's always one bit let's us down.

You had the most promising solution for yonks.

Personally I'd let it go until you're sorted mate. It's an "interest" thread after all.

I may be missing something but the above sounds as if everything is sorted, which is good news :)

Bracket = Me

Extension = Pabs or Baz

S2000 aeriel = Gaz (Envy)

Amp = Autoleads

I have got that right? :innocent:

Burna - you do indeed have it right, I linked to the amp in a previous post (on ebay)

I must admit, the prices that I had were far cheaper than getting them individually, but hey - it's what happens :(

If Baz can make the extensions again, then perhaps getting him involved here instead of me...?

My whole house/job/car/life situation is really eating up my time to do anything about this now - I'm gutted to say the least :(

Sorry!

these are the amplified bases I was looking at getting:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quality-Amplified-Car-Bee-Sting-Roof-Mount-Aerial-NEW_W0QQitemZ230289455701QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230289455701&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

They also have a mast that could be used until the s2000 aerial is purchased. It's probably 2-2.5 times the length of the s2000, but it works.

• 4 months later...
Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy on stubby aerials?

Been after one for a while but seem hard to come by

I still have all the brackets for this if you want to go ahead and sort the rest out Sean :)

Third time lucky for this group buy I hope :D

Sorry folks, I still can't make the bits :(

I was let down by a few things, i was SOOOOOO close to having this finished. My own aerial was of course done as a prototype, but the car then got sold so i don't even have that any more......

All of the info should be in this thread as to what is needed, and if anyone organises this and needs any info I can do my best to help, although I'm sure there are a few other peeps with knowledge on this!