The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial - Group Buy INTEREST Thread!

Pabs

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the proven reception and fit of the £50 unit is worth the extra. It does come with an amplifier.

As Burna said, there were issues with the previously supplied jobbies.

Plus the last GB went bottom up because vital pieces could not be supplied. This let down a fair few members, left Burna,Baz out of pocket having put valuable time in making brackets and extensions etc.

Time you get the US one £20 + a couple of pounds postage and a few pounds for bracket and extension. Say £30 - £35 total. I think the extra is worth it for peace of mind.

I think the proven reception and fit of the £50 unit is worth the extra. It does come with an amplifier.

As Burna said, there were issues with the previously supplied jobbies.

Plus the last GB went bottom up because vital pieces could not be supplied. This let down a fair few members, left Burna,Baz out of pocket having put valuable time in making brackets and extensions etc.

Time you get the US one £20 + a couple of pounds postage and a few pounds for bracket and extension. Say £30 - £35 total. I think the extra is worth it for peace of mind.

Ahhh i read it as the US one being a complete plug and play too. I didn't realise other bits and bobs were required.

I would just go with the £50 one then.

so your saying andy that for 50 sheets we get everything we need to do the swap and the quality is tip top?

Approx £50. :) I don't know if Burna has got it to that yet. :)

You'd need a little wire if you want to power the amp base. That's all. :)

I will add that the first ever GB on these, organized by Lui or imi I think, was an absolute pig to organize and put together. That is where Burna and Baz came to the rescue making the extensions and support brackets so that the members had the quality they were after.

Locustom supplied the aerials for that buy and it was then discovered through trial fits etc. that the extra bits were required.

all i need is the bracket and an extension bar

I know you do Steveo, but if I just give you those then it means I can't supply a full kit to someone else who wants one as I only have a limited number of brackets. Sorry.

Does your kit include everything required Burna? I would rather have something I know is made properly. :)

Yes everything, the video I posted shows the aerial working with everything you will get. if you do need to wire in the aerial amplifier you will need to supply your own power cable to the rear of the stereo IF you do need the reception boost. The Locustom does not come with this amplified option, I've added it as a safeguard for me incase anyone does suffer reception problems.

so your saying andy that for 50 sheets we get everything we need to do the swap and the quality is tip top?

Yes, as stated above :)

Having waited a year, what is a few more months for a tested £50 version ;)

Happy to wait and support the local economy!

I can't see it being months now if you all decide to go ahead. I need to modify the drawing of the extension bar as Trick and I found a re-design would make it easer for members to fit. Then once all the money is in I will get the parts made and purchased. The only thing that does concern me is the bleeding post service at the minute! :(

Needing a little clarification here..

Is that not true then? Its not actually a kit, its just the aerial?

I honestly don't know Scott, someone needs to try one as it could be a very good cheaper solution to the stubby problem than I have come up with.

My advice is test fit one before you all buy, as last time it was a right mess with not being able to fit it without extra bespoke parts made by Baz and myself.

Edit: Can anyone from the first Locustom group buy advise if this aerial is a complete redesign and therefore maybe fit? Imi?

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

If it is an alleged full kit i'll take the task of giving it a go. That way if it does need something machined I can do it in work.

Either or is good for me :)

That sounds like a plan. Do it! :)

I'm up for whichever solution offers me a plug and play. Will happily pay £50 if that's the one that's the easy fit.

I would offer to be a guinea pig for the other one, but if it didn't work perfectly, I'd be lost and we'd be nowhere nearer an answer.

any chance of me getting the measurements and designs off u then ?

Lol. I've just trawled through search for an hour and a half and cannot find the details.

imi, Burna, Baz are the members who cracked the problems originally.

I'll keep looking. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would be happy with the £50 as I know it to be tried and tested, cheaper one sounds ok but would rather go with yours burna. Definitely put me down for one when the gb starts :) also will a new thread in the for sale section be started when it goes ahead or is it all going through here?