The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best supra on the forum?

supradibbs

Was he happy to appreciate 'work' in any sense had gone into his car despite knowing whether it had all been done painstakingly by one person or by a garage?

He built a Beetle. Well, not him, but his people. He did appreciate it though. I have no idea where this is going.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite the contrary, since he started it, I have been in awe at the time and effort Hodge has put into his build and the fact that he has done pretty much everything himself. I wish I could do the same, but I simply don't have the skills - it is not my area of expertise!

Saying my rant is a putdown to hodge is a strawman, I never mentioned his build or implied that it is unprofessional in any way. I was saying that I wanted professionals to do mine as I simply do not possess the skills to perform the work to the standard I wanted.

Totally agree with you, and I don't for one minute think you were aiming anything at Hodge.

My point was that things can easily be read out of context ;)

Charlotte, when comparing car for car I don't think it makes any difference how you got to the end result. It's always nice to have the hand in your own creation, but that is probably more for personal reasons than any actual comparison between the cars. One member said "Like Hodge" the other person pointed out "Not like Hodge" and gave reasons why. I just didn't want to see people getting upset over miscommunication :)

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Charlotte, when comparing car for car I don't think it makes any difference how you got to the end result. It's always nice to have the hand in your own creation, but that is probably more for personal reasons than any actual comparison between the cars. One member said "Like Hodge" the other person pointed out "Not like Hodge" and gave reasons why. I just didn't want to see people getting upset over miscommunication :)

And I can understand why the comment was misread because it was rather flipant 'unlike inferno who just opened his cheque book(exclaimation mark)'. Thus implying the same kind of effort wasn't made.

Moot point now though. :)

And I can understand why the comment was misread because it was rather flipant 'unlike inferno who just opened his cheque book(exclaimation mark)'. Thus implying the same kind of effort wasn't made.

Moot point now though. :)

It was a bit pokey but I think it was more to emphasise the contrasting differences rather than a dig at the person. Easily misread, I did try to clarify and be nice for a change :innocent:

Chris, how can you be shocked, even my wife agrees! She is a beauty, even though I know these pictures are old and you have a much sexier engine bay in white with the viper stripes and the half carbon TRD, not to mention the drop to getting it sitting so nicely!

What wheels are on Chris' car?

Must admit his car is a perfect example of subtle exterior mods creating an absolute stunner of a car. So far this is my favourite stock looking car.

I'd have that every day of the week.

Though was hoping to see my old car uploaded here to see how it looks if it's now a contender. Given it follows the rule of stock kit with expensive wheels :search:

Edited by supra_aero (see edit history)

Hey mate, I appreciate your positive comments in my build thread, but don't appreciate the cheap digs you are having at me. Sure I did not build the car with my own 2 hands, but that is because I wanted to best craftsmenship and experts to work on it.

I would have no chance in hell at being able to assemble an engine, build a rear seat delete, an audio sound stage, assemble and fabricate a sequential twin turbo system from scratch, tune said setup, incorporate nitrous, exhaust cutouts, fuel mapping, custom exhaust fabrication.

Nor could I spray the car, do the custom bodywork, the metal widebody kit, wire the entire car... the list goes on and on. I trust professionals to do it, and I have no regrets whatsoever. I am not ashamed to say that I did not build the car. I did however spend more time than you could imagine researching, conversing, designing and negotiating the entire build from start to end. I may not have been doing the work myself but I was there every step of the way.

The car was and is my dream car and as I had (in my opinion) the best of the best working on each aspect that they excelled in, nothing was left partially complete or 99% of the quality I wanted - it was all done perfectly and I honestly can not spot a single flaw or anything I would change if I were to do it again.

I have done nothing but be genuine, honest and where I could, help out others in the Supra community. I am a very easy going guy as well, and it takes quite a bit to provoke me. So sure, take your cheap shots at me if it makes you feel better... send me a photo when you get a Supra and do every single modification with your own hands.

I too think you have taken this the wrong way, your build is fantastic and will surely be one of the great supras.;)

BTW heres a pic of mine everything except the flocking has been done here:cool:

P1000106.JPG

P1000107.JPG

P1000355.jpg

I too think you have taken this the wrong way, your build is fantastic and will surely be one of the great supras.;)

BTW heres a pic of mine everything except the flocking has been done here:cool:

Think that's the 1st time I've seen that John. Love it.

What wheels are on Chris' car?

Must admit his car is a perfect example of subtle exterior mods creating an absolute stunner of a car. So far this is my favourite stock looking car.

I'd have that every day of the week.

Though was hoping to see my old car uploaded here to see how it looks if it's now a contender. Given it follows the rule of stock kit with expensive wheels :search:

Just to warn you there is a queue for Chris' car a very long one and dont want to boast but I am right up the front :p

Others I could have included are (pics are on external drive)

Pistonbroke , marcAB10 , Geo, jevansios, Suprastar3000, SupraAYF etc etc there are to many great great cars... a credit to owners and the club alike

Just noticed this, thanks guys :blush: