SteveR

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any answers yet?:)

Oh bugger, I was hoping I'd get an answer before you asked again! lol Sorry been on leave a lot then busy at work as a result, will call the track tomorrow, scouts honour! :)

Whatever the answer, you're still planning on driving your own car (a Supe?) though?? :search:

Oh bugger, I was hoping I'd get an answer before you asked again! lol Sorry been on leave a lot then busy at work as a result, will call the track tomorrow, scouts honour! :)

Whatever the answer, you're still planning on driving your own car (a Supe?) though?? :search:

I cant see my supe passing a noise test, i will bring it along with another car.

Short answer after speaking to the track is we can have extra drivers. To stop a massive rush of numbers however, I'm going to stick a £20 charge on it and limit numbers of '2nd drivers' as I don't want to cause either myself or the track any organisation/safety headaches.

If during the day, 2 paid-up participants decide they want to try each others car(s) then that's fine, there is no extra charge (just be aware that unless you take extra insurance this whole event is entirely at your own risk).

Just a reminder to everyone (drivers, 2nd drivers, passengers):

Everyone needs to be briefed at the start of the day; miss that and you can't go on the track, but before even signing up everyone should be fully aware of the details on page 1 of this thread, most importantly the rules, and the spirit of the day - this is a club event, not an annonymous cheapo track day for anyone to ruck up and go crazy on. So long as the whole thing is understood by everyone (and they understand that any rule breaking sees them chucked off) I can't see any issues. :)

Professional Driving Instructor/Tuition:

I spoke to a chap today who usually charges ITRO £350 for a day giving tuition at Llandow. He suggested that time would be most valuable/useful if spent between only 3~4 people (and the costs shared between them), but would consider being spread amongst a larger number of people/cars (even all 40 of us) if necessary. If either appeals to you, please post up and I'll follow that up. Ta!

Should have left it stock, who needs more than 300bhp anyway? :innocent:

This other car... wouldn't be the F40 would it? :drool:

I dont think the wifes dad is going to give me the F40, he knows what im like:D

Few mates have tasty cars so ill sort something, otherwise ill come in the van:D

I dont think the wifes dad is going to give me the F40, he knows what im like:D

Few mates have tasty cars so ill sort something, otherwise ill come in the van:D

lol, so long as you can keep pace with an NA Supra :D

Maybe I should give Sabine a call! ;)

I think i have people for both them slots dude, let you know tomorrow, oh and another holiday,:)

It's only to Wales mate, this is my cheap holiday to balance out the German Steak & track fest expensive holiday ;)

P.S. Message to all: I know a few people have been aiming to sign up to this since it was announced, but as I said allllllll the way back at the start: payment secures places and first come:first served. :thumbs:

Is anything being arranged with regards to mass accomodation bookings for the weekend?

I've spotted a few Travelodge/Holiday Inn/a.n.other chain-like places but I'll look into it in more detail and suggest something after I get back from a weeks holiday.

I'll also put together a briefing/info pack for everyone to download; were to go & when, what to bring, rough order of the day, blah blah blah. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Thats strange, mine didnt come back with anything.

wonder if its my age

Jon,

You need to click on the under 30K option, which strangely is lower on the drop down option list than the above 30K cars, I've done this a couple of times and been confused when I've not received a quote. The quote should be instant online.