The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

All the 40 places have now been taken up - if you would like to go on the reserve list please let me know. :thumbs:

Put me on the reserve list please Steve, hopefully i might have the suspension all done by then and if anyone drops out it would be a good place to test it out.

cheers

dunk

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

snip...

Professional Driving Instructor/Tuition:

I spoke to a chap today who usually charges ITRO £350 for a day giving tuition at Llandow. He suggested that time would be most valuable/useful if spent between only 3~4 people (and the costs shared between them), but would consider being spread amongst a larger number of people/cars (even all 40 of us) if necessary. If either appeals to you, please post up and I'll follow that up. Ta!

Was anyone interested in this? If not, I'll let it die.

I'm thinking I may look into getting a professional photographer(s) instead/as well.

Excellent - chuck me his details & if he has a website I'll have a look at his work. I've got about 10 suggestions now so I'll compare work/quotes etc. I'd like to pay for the photograher so that the photos are made available to everyone for free, if these types are up for that. We shall see.... :)

The insurance company came back to me today with £120

This is with the car valued @ 17500.

I have read through the terms and conditions and it appears they dont pay for mods unless agreed with them first, so if i did stack my car although i would be insured for 17500 the car would (i think) be treated as a standard car (please bear in mind i did declare these mods) and would prob only be worth 5K.

The other thing to note is the insurance only covers the repairs to your car... not the barriers or anyone else's car etc.

Double cr@p, I am in Poland this weekend so there is a spare ticket going :(

Shame Wez :(

I'll PM those on the reserve list, starting with #1 slot - Firestorm. As soon as someone confirms they want it I'll get them to PM you and sort out payment, then update to their details once you've been paid.

Update:

Photographer down-selection coming along nicely; if the budget stretches that far I'm hoping to have 2 there.

I've emailed a few non-chain hotels asking about availability for lots of us, lol. Ift hat doesn't go anywhere I'll hunt out which of the usual chains are closest to the track and leteveryone know which to book for.

It's 5 weeks this Sunday, so I'll put together a little info pack for those going and stick it up here; where we're staying (if you're staying over), how to get to the track, the day's running order, the usual rules/flags etc, a few more details on the track's forms we'll need to sign (medical/responsibility declarations), that sort of stuff. I hope to get that done over the weekend.

Sorted! Thanks everyone for the interest, I hope this goes well!! :)

Some Lotus club recently held a track day there:

Yesterday I went to Llandow in Wales for a trackday organised by Club Lotus South Wales and Stratstones Lotus dealers. The track is far more fun than the short, simple layout would suggest

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5039/dsc0063tk8.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3386/dsc0026uw4.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7334/dsc0083du1.jpg

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)