mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it matter what car i come in Steve?, its not looking likely the supra will make the noise regs?

Nope, whatever you like TBH. If you can let me know what it'll be (& rough spec. - I know you, could be a 600bhp Corsa for all I know! :p) no later than a week or so before, then I can arrange with the track people which groups we should all be in for the familiarisation laps (not that it matters too much TBH). :thumbs:

I still haven't taken it back out of the bag after I packed it away on the morning of JTS, still covered in condensation. :D Probably ruined now :(

Ah well I'll stay here instead.... ;)

http://www.crosswayshouse.co.uk/images/Crossways%20House%20new.jpg

I am going to ask what the group rate is, and how many rooms they have. :)

any news on the hotel yet? gaz and i are going to stay friday and sat night.

Rang them, weren't interested in group rates as they only have a few rooms so probably aren't much use to us anyway. However the lady I spoke to helpfully mentioned a pub nearby that has 8 rooms; I'll look at that (and similar setups she said were in the area) but also see if there are any deals on at the usual larger hotel chains too so we could all be in 1 place. :)

Important note: I found out today that they won't allow a mix of 'open wheel' and 'closed wheel' cars on the track at the same time. I worried that this meant Caterhams etc would be out, but the track's insurance's definition is: IF IT'S GOT MUDGUARDS, IT'S CLOSED WHEEL.

I don't think that affects anyone, but if it does please get in touch sharpish!

Sorted. :)

EDIT to say:

Note to people who sign-up between 23rd~29th July (inclusive) - I'm away at the Nurburgring so I'll catch up with payments once I'm back. :thumbs:

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Important note: I found out today that they won't allow a mix of 'open wheel' and 'closed wheel' cars on the track at the same time. I worried that this meant Caterhams etc would be out, but the track's insurance's definition is: IF IT'S GOT MUDGUARDS, IT'S CLOSED WHEEL.

Might be worth checking with ryan mate :)

Might be worth checking with ryan mate :)

Cheers Jon - will do. He's selling the CaterField and reckoned he'd be bringing something else but I'll mention this rule when I speak to him about my mapping (tomorrow I think).

I posted after coming back from the pub. A MINARDI is a modern F1 car, a MINARI is a fibreglass kit car with an old Alfa engine nailed in it. I was insinuating I couldn't run my "F1" car at first, then correcting myself as if I had misspelt...... Oh, never mind..... :) :)

I posted after coming back from the pub. A MINARDI is a modern F1 car, a MINARI is a fibreglass kit car with an old Alfa engine nailed in it. I was insinuating I couldn't run my "F1" car at first, then correcting myself as if I had mispelt...... Oh, never mind..... :) :)

:search:

I posted after coming back from the pub. A MINARDI is a modern F1 car, a MINARI is a fibreglass kit car with an old Alfa engine nailed in it. I was insinuating I couldn't run my "F1" car at first, then correcting myself as if I had misspelt...... Oh, never mind..... :) :)

lol ok I get it now. I like post-pub Chris ;)

• 2 weeks later...