The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2008

tarcase

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, quite lucky we took that short cut and came out at that junction. Ive been to other shows (though the ones where every chav and his dog are at) when you cant move for police around the roads coming to the show.

I saw some policemen when AndyT and myself hit the motorway. It looked like someone had gone straight into the side of a rather tasty 200SX (I think - it was v heavily modded) and slammed it into the crash barrier just at the entrance to the slip road to the motorway. Bad end to a great day for someone out there :(

Thanks to Lui for great day and in particular the convoy. Got some decent video footage which I bored the missus with last night. Tried to bore the missus afterwards too but she said she was tired...must've been the convoy footage ;) Will try to sort getting it on here shortly...

Who were the Cornish guys in the NOS'd white one which was originally to the left of me on the stand? Hope the car didn't spontaneously combust as, by the time I left (fairly early too) there were only 2 tyres in place of the car...and a can of Fosters?!

Razza, it was Flashash you lent your camera to I believe...send him a pm if you haven't already heard anything.

Who were the Cornish guys in the NOS'd white one which was originally to the left of me on the stand? Hope the car didn't spontaneously combust as, by the time I left (fairly early too) there were only 2 tyres in place of the car...and a can of Fosters?!

I think that was Knightriders car. Awesome single turbo. He was parked behind me on the club stand. :)

Hey all. Went to Japfest today. Wish I'd got my act together and sorted it out to be part of the convoy from Reading (which sounds awesome, by the way) and to have my car on the club stand. Maybe next time, eh?!

Loved the club stand. It's rare (as I'm sure everyone knows) to see even one other Supra on the road, but having so many together in one place was quite a special sight. It's given me loads of ideas for my own car, ones that I'm sure my wallet can't keep up with...! I particularly liked the orange Supra with the re-trimmed seats to match (reg no B18 CAC) and I loved the LED front indicator conversion on a white Supra (reg no XAZ 9631). There were some really impressive cars all round, as I'm sure everyone will agree.

Was anyone on here driving a black Supra southbound on the M4 and waved to the driver of a silver Supra (me...) at about 3.45PM? If so, hi and I love that comaraderie!

Cheers Fella for the kind comment and thanks to Lui for organizing it all .

Cheers Chris (b18 cac)

Yeah I remember him, the one standing with the camera pointing at the brow of the hill?

Yup that was the one! I was obeying the speed limit though so I have no worries :).

Yep, quite lucky we took that short cut and came out at that junction. Ive been to other shows (though the ones where every chav and his dog are at) when you cant move for police around the roads coming to the show.

You buggers all abandoned me! I'm sure my route was more fun though :D.