The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2008

tarcase

cheers as showen i found blackie! lol hes mine no one elces!

We could argue about that dude. :D

As you asked Ed...

LOL at the chubsters in the second pic though.

Good god they not chubby. In fact I would never be brave enough to wear summat skimpy like that and I am about that size maybe a little less. As for the Lass in the first picture she is clearly anorexic and if a bloke finds that sexy i am appalled.

they should've shared their lunch with the girl in the first pic

Exactly she needs it :)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone see what happened at Quarry to bring the ambulance out during the second drift demo?

I missed it as I was down at Club at the time.

Yes my mate got it on video. There was a massive bang from the exhaust pipe, his rear bumper then fell off and he slid in to the barrier quite lighlty

Started out at 4am to set off to Reading Convoy meet point with mate Rob got to junction 10 M4 and joined in with Chris's Orange Supra on the way. We were the first 3 to be at meet point at 5.45am, lucky enough barriers were left open so parked up in main car park section lucky though as from 6am - 6.30 cars did not stop filling up the spaces & by 6.45 there must of been over 65+ car's there.

Handed out most of the passes except a few that were meant to turn up but unfortunately for some reason late or just did not make it had total of 10 entry tickets left over but never mind.

Just after 7am started to leave to convoy off & head to the M4 for 55 miles of pure Supra's & few other jap cars that tagged along took a few minutes to all gather up due to a few Set's of lights & roundabouts to get onto the M4. Convoy went well as I was Convoy leader & help of Homer at the back keeping us informed regularly all ok & every time I looked in rear view mirror as far as the eye could see Just one mega long line of Supra's. Touch wood all arrived together & safely At Castle Combe for around 8.15am. Had a great spot for our club stand at Quarry corner large enough for around 140 Supra's to be filled & at one point counted over 110 supra's there. Unfortunately my Supra was on Jap Performance trade stand in main paddock's and on display but hope few of you all saw it while looking around trade stands.

Said hi to quite a few members but unfortunately not all

But as for a day out @ Japfest 2008 hope you all had a great time & enjoyed yourselves, weather held up really nice for the whole day & not one drop of rain, Convoy turn out was amazing & great ride up to there.

Big thanks to you all for making it & having the largest & best club stand there & hope all had safe journey back

Cheers all Lui

Also nearly forgot by tomorrow will be uploading over 400 pictures of the day so watch out :eyebrows:

!!! Roll on Japshow@Santa pod Sunday 22nd June 2008 !!!

Next major event & convoy

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Guest DevilsAdvocate
Great day... thanks Lui for organising, hope everybody got home OK.

There was two minutes on the local news, also showed a blue Honda ? that had hit a wall just outside Combe !

Sorry to have missed talking to many from the Chippers & Fairmile meets, spent most of the day watching the track.

Next year I propose a marquee, a central meeting point to sit & natter, Blackie fans could wait in line for him there :D

Next year will try to tempt Soo to get up early and meet the convoy...

Chers

G :):)

Yup I think the club missed an opportunity there, a focal point for some social intercourse between the members and a bit of marketing for potential members.

next time maybe. :)

Food is always a favourite for drawing people together, I did suggest it previously.

Roy

Edited by DevilsAdvocate (see edit history)

Everybody go and look at the pic on post 67 and surely someone, even just one person must know who the fella is in the toyota jacket :search:

Please stop asking this! Every time I open a thread it's a post from 'TopgunTT' asking 'Who had that jacket and where did they get it?', you've got a bad obsession (love at first sight?) and you need help!

It was a really enjoyable day. I set off at 4 to go and meet up with the 2 jamies before stopping off twice more to gether the troops for the midlands convoy down which was really good.

The day its self was top notch and as always good to meet some new people again as well as seeing the usual suspects:)

Im so pleased we got the engine done on the supe, i would have been gutted for it not to be part of the stand. I made it back too:d

Please stop asking this! Every time I open a thread it's a post from 'TopgunTT' asking 'Who had that jacket and where did they get it?', you've got a bad obsession (love at first sight?) and you need help!

Come on Alex you must know you were talking to him ;)

Yup I think the club missed an opportunity there, a focal point for some social intercourse between the members and a bit of marketing for potential members.

next time maybe. :)

Food is always a favourite for drawing people together, I did suggest it previously.

Roy

You did indeed. Sorry to have missed you bud. Gatso's idea of a marquee is great. We needed it. I stood at the top of the steps from the club stand and got to meet a few people. A focal point is required though.

Apart from Blackie lovers of course. :D

Ah, but did you get a big manly-not-in-any-way-gay hug from him at the end of the day? :eyebrows:

No:( But Rich I think he owed you that for earlier comments (i think you know what i mean:d). We should get him up for a pancake run. Can you imagine him and Paul together:d

No:( But Rich I think he owed you that for earlier comments (i think you know what i mean:d).

I think he did! Revenge will be sweet one day....:innocent:

We should get him up for a pancake run. Can you imagine him and Paul together:d

I think that's what JAE was invented for, so get yourself the Friday off work and head on down :D