The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2008

tarcase

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thank you for Wiggy1980 for leading us Hampshire boys up at stupid o'clock.

Hope you get your sensors sorted mate. Big hi to Kate too, a real credit for getting up at that time with you bud. :)

I'll second that. Cheers for leading us and getting us there in double quick time :D

We was on the track mate SMOKIN it right up!

Anyone posted any vids of me sideways?

Gutted I missed it - left about half 12 as I figured I'd seen most things worth seeing.

Wanted to see yours on full chat though - guess I''ll see a vid of it somewhere.

Where are you in Devon/Cornwall? My Dad lives North Devon and I'll be down there mid-June (weekend of 14th) if you're around then

(Except Blackie....he knows why :()

Once you have met him you will never forget :p

Only a few know what i look like

It ain't hard lol, your the small Gnome type guy

:hide:

A tall rather handsome bloke called "Blackie"

If he was tall you met the wrong guy :D

Good idea, I could do a meet and greet and maybe a few signings ;)

Ok calm down, calm down Dumpfbacke :kiss:

Can't believe you didn't come keancy! was hoping to meet you aswell.

I did get to meet the little guy though ;)

I would have loved to but at mo it's a no can do. :(

Hubby seen the pics yesterday though and said I like the red veilside ;)

I am hooked on TRACKS was Mental especially as i knew you lot where watchin!

The sup really spoke to me and was really suprisinglt enjoyable and forgiving to drive HARD, Only ran 1.1 bar out of a normal 1.65 on the track so rectricted to 530hp/500 ft.lb torque :innocent:

After that went onto Shakespeare Drag racing and got a 11.721 :innocent:

The BEST SUPRA weekend i ever had :D

:D Forgot about your little nos / map teaser 2 x 30 metres of strips of tyre on the road. :D

Great meeting you mate. Get your name down on SteveR track day thread.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=150661&highlight=track+day :)

I would have loved to but at mo it's a no can do. :(

Hubby seen the pics yesterday though and said I like the red veilside ;)

Was a shame Hon. Could kept our mutual friend in line. :D

See you and hubby at the other shows though. :)

He was pretty hard to miss, very much 'in your face' from either direction!

Not quite "in your face" more like hiding his behind the tripod............as i found out when gently heading half a dozen varied cars into the village corner at a speed something a little over ??-ish. The speed limit (along the windy road) drops from 60 to 30 on a blind left hand bend, and 100 yards later plod was there with his hi-viz jacket and helmet and tripod, beckoning me to pull in next to him.......but he was ok, just telling me it was my fault for being in front (of all the others who were doing the same speed)[sHOCK][/sHOCK] Ha! MY FAULT!! [ANGRY][/ANGRY] He rambled on about the local residents/race days/traffic/speeding/fine/3 points etc etc, and then sent me on my merry way with a "take it easy" farewell wave.........then after turning round i nearly ran him over as he hopped around in the middle of the road with arms flailing to "direct" other on-coming traffic. :D

PC Jobsworth I think he was called..............or maybe he took pity on an old man!!

But then, anyone with a fancy-dress police helmet, hi-viz jacket and tripod could have stood there, and said "£60 please" and made a fortune!!

(no, i didnt get fined or booked - i dont think he was ready for me coming round the corner -i'm not even sure if the camera was even set-up for getting evidence).

Edited by MattyB
error (see edit history)