The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2008

tarcase

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a great day. many thanks to everyone who organised this, especially lui for sorting tickets etc. all the supras looked amazing, still cant believe the weather held off. this was my first supra event in 2 years of membership so was nice to finally meet some of you. looking forward to the next one!

Whos was that white supra going round the track and how he get it too sound so nuts

Knightrider. He put the baffle IN for that. No screamer, that was high pressure squeezing past the baffle. :D

Great time chatting Stuart, Stewart (spelling). Bouncing a full on drag wheel at us was fun. :D How light was that?

Nice one, glad you enjoyed yourself mate. I certainly enjoyed the demo. :D

did you just use filler or did you use fibreglass, just wondering because mine is in the sprayshop having the same thing done now and i really dont want it to crack, cheers

It's totally my fault mate i was having a slack day and had no rivets so just used a fue tec screws :blink:, its both glass and filler This is what you get for been slack lol .

I want mine to scream like that, i expect its something to do with his high BHP ;)

It was Knightrider's car.

Had a chat with Stuart afterwards as it sounded a bit 'weird' from the trackside.

It's a single with a recirc, but he had to use a baffle as the RSR was too noisy, so he was running low boost on an exhaust with a 2inch outlet - which explained the strange noise it made.

It shouldn't really sound like that and once he gets a suitablably quiet exhaust the car will be able to run much higher boost and thankfully no baffle. Was nice to see one driven hard on the track, even got it a bit out of shape a few times, one was a bit of a 'hold the breath' moment! :D

It was Knightrider's car.

Had a chat with him afterwards as it sounded a bit 'weird' from the trackside.

It's a single with a recirc, but he had to use a baffle as the RSR was too noisy, so he was running low boost on an exhaust with a 2inch outlet - which explained the strange noise it made.

It shouldn't really sound like that and once he gets a suitablably quiet exhaust the car will be able to run much higher boost and thankfully no baffle.

Thank you. Couldn't get it straight my self. :)

Many thanks for your efforts too.

I gather you were the man with the back pack on? Didn't get to introduce as I was trying to find Burna for Peter. :D

Lovely day though, both Juanchan and myself didn't know where the time went. :)

I gather you were the man with the back pack on? Didn't get to introduce as I was trying to find Burna for Peter. :D

Yeah, that was me Andy :) The Japfest bods made me park in the public car park 20 minutes walk away from the stand, so had to carry everything around all day!

Burna really lives up to his name now, what with the new tan and all :D

Anyone got any details on the tunning Japanese drag car? and did Phil's 2JZ S15 run?

I spoke to one of there forum mods and he said it aint quite finished yet. It was there but not running as i was excited about seeing that go.

The drag beast was still in the fabrication stage. One thing that confused me is that it wont have an intercooler. Just a pipe from inlet manifold to turbo. Why is this?

Only managed to do the convoy, from Southampton to Reading and then on the M4 to the meet, had to get back for other things (like work). but what a great experiance on the M4, never been in a convoy that large before, big well done to Lui.

Im in for the day on the 22 nd June at Santa Pod so hope to meet more of you and for longer, Lui are you going to have a convoy from Reading on that day?

Bob.

Did anyone see the Toniq R? Not very japanese but I think it looked pretty nice. Sure it would be a very good trackday weapon too and at under £20k new not too badly priced.

http://www.toniqr.co.uk/Upload/toniqr/11.jpg

Also that white Evo X was very nice. Not really an Evo person but that one was amazing

Only managed to do the convoy, from Southampton to Reading and then on the M4 to the meet, had to get back for other things (like work). but what a great experiance on the M4, never been in a convoy that large before, big well done to Lui.

Im in for the day on the 22 nd June at Santa Pod so hope to meet more of you and for longer, Lui are you going to have a convoy from Reading on that day?

Bob.

How far is santa pod from somerset?

I spoke to one of there forum mods and he said it aint quite finished yet. It was there but not running as i was excited about seeing that go.

The drag beast was still in the fabrication stage. One thing that confused me is that it wont have an intercooler. Just a pipe from inlet manifold to turbo. Why is this?

Where were you today i didnt even see you?