The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Islamist attack in Paris 13-11-15

j_jza80

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouting about Syria, shouting Alahu Akbar, and ISIS supporters/members using the hashtag "Paris in flames". All pointing that way so far.

Attacks also now allegedly happening near the Louvre.

As Al said this is definitely something planned for a while and probably not retaliation.

Some hostages being rescued thankfully. No numbers out yet as police have asked for updates to stop while operation goes on.

"the caliphate state strikes France" now also being hashtagged as well as "Paris in flames" so getting more and more obvious who's responsible.

horrible news :(

All is not lost though, the ISIS resistance in the middle East is going very well. Today a pretty big town (Not much smaller than Newport in Wales for example) was liberated from ISIS. And today a few thousand Iraqis got to go home and resume their lives. Hope this brings a bit of 'light' to this dark day.

horrible news :(

All is not lost though, the ISIS resistance in the middle East is going very well. Today a pretty big town (Not much smaller than Newport in Wales for example) was liberated from ISIS. And today a few thousand Iraqis got to go home and resume their lives. Hope this brings a bit of 'light' to this dark day.

Indeed, the best thing about that situation is that 3 or 4 groups with different political beliefs all worked together to liberate it. Very key supply line for ISIS also.

Re Bataclan, Canal+ now suggesting it's at least 118.

What an absolute disaster.... :(

Thoughts with the families effected.

it does amaze me at how the people in power continue to focus on the symptoms (e.g: ISIS) and never the source of the actual issues, until that line of thinking is changed there is zero chance of this being resolved.

Hypocrisy is rife....

So what has caused ISIS to come about?

Whatever they are fighting for it's like the IRA or even the French resistance etc when faced with an enemy of far superior numbers and/or weaponry ie these days with drones that can pick you off from miles away, you are not going to fight your cause (just or unjust) in a convention war type way.

Have to say, I'm glad I moved back to the UK recently from living in central Paris for most of the year. There is a heavy immigration presence there. I've friends who were in the area that I checked in with this morning.

There would of been a lot of students there in that area sadly.