The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Islamist attack in Paris 13-11-15

j_jza80

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad times ahead indeed :(

Am I also missing something when they say that these are well planned and coordinated?

Surely a group of like minded individuals could inflict this sort of carnage in any city center at short notice, in fact the less they talked and planned the more chance they would have in succeeding as it wouldn't give the security forces enough time to monitor and respond.

Its also being reported that a fire has ripped through one of the migrant camps in France.

Wez, the way they seemingly did it suggests it was planned ahead. Although it's notoriously easy to get weapons into France.

Questions will be asked of the security services though, they are usually meant to pick up chatter online prior to such attacks.

The Calais fire is being misreported as linked to Paris, it's not. A candle was left unattended and burnt down around 40 tents/homes whatever the current terminology is.

Uk intelligence knew something was going on this week for sure , canary wharf and north Greenwich had armed police the later part of this week looked like a airport not a tube station , didnt think to much of it at the time,

Have to agree with tony , we should just wipe these out nuc syria send all the imagrants back with money and equipment to rebuild there contry , gives them jobs and a chance to have peace.i know people will hate me for my veiw and not agree , so sorry for offending as im sure someone will be :rolleyes:

I wonder if it would have still been the same if hitler had won world war 2?

I'm along the same line of thinking as Mellonman and Tony I'm afraid. This is, as said by the President of France himself, an act of WAR and should be dealt with at such. It needs a strong show of force from the West now. I know innocent civilians are likely to be victims if this is done, but this is what the horrible reality of WAR is I'm afraid and too many innocent Western civilians have died already. To try and be PC about this situation and the way it's dealt with will just prolong it in my view.

As an example to support my view, take Japan at the end of the second world war..... they would have fought on until the last man costing more and more lives on both sides when realistically the war was over and lost for the axis forces and Germany etc had already surrendered. Further resistance was pointless but the Japanese concept of honour would not permit surrender. The only thing which was able to change their minds and end it all, preventing further fighting, was the devastation that was brought about by the atomic bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

I'm not suggesting at all that Nuclear weapons are the right way forward, as the lasting damage they cause from fallout is terrible, but what I am saying is that a strong act of force is sometimes what's needed to put an end to a futile fight and change the minds of deluded people who want to fight with guerrilla tactics.

I'm sorry if this view offends anyone, but it is just my personal opinion and I'm frustrated now that things like this keep happening without any action being taken to retaliate. This can't go on like this any longer. We've tried and it's proven too difficult to just go after ISIS alone because of how they choose to fight and blend in with the innocent civilian population. This has to be treated like a proper WAR now and dealt with as such.

Apart from the Syrian passport found near the body of one of the suicide bombers is there any other indication to say if these people are part of the unsupervised mass exodus from Syria or if they were already living in France?

Absolutely non whatsoever.

Nor any suggestion to indicate these are anything to do with the refugees/migrants making there way across Europe, who incidentally are fleeing the same sort of atrocities.

But yeah, let's nuke em. [emoji42]

EDIT, just seen an unconfirmed report one of them may have been a French citizen.

I agree that I doubt that these attacks are directly related to the current migrant crisis.

But unfortunately these migrants will contribute to the problem. The majority of these migrants are young men, many of whom are economic migrants. When they settle in the West, they will discover that Europe isn't the goldmine they were expecting, as unemployment on the mainland is terrible at the moment. Many will become part of closed off sub communities in the suburbs of the major cities, some will turn to crime, and others will turn to extremism.

This is in addition to the extremists who are already coming over. If the estimates of 8000 migrants per day are true, i think it's safe to assume that annually, several hundred or even thousands of those will be extremists.

There is also the matter of the now indefensible Schengen free travel area. People can buy guns in Bulgaria, and drive to Paris without a single border check. This is completely unacceptable.

Action is being taken though? Jedhadi John? Etc.....

The Japanese example is of a whole country down to a man indoctrinated with a code of honour where they would rather die than surrender and will blindly follow orders, this is different to now as the vast majority of Muslims/Syrian/afghans etc are not and do not wish to be at war with anyone....my counter example would be the IRA Brighton bombings, and then the next day air strikes on suspected IRA homes, would that shortened the troubles?

Thousands of civilians dead in Syria, thousands feeling that and we want to send then back, yet the incident in France brings action responses from those with no real interest helping Syrian civilians?

I'm not a pacifist or against the armed forces at all I just don't think a huge assault on who?/where? Is necessarily the way forward.

I dare say many are happy I'm not in control of making decisions! But equally so am I that they are not.

I

Schengen is barely holding up, Poland have entirely closed its borders in the past 24 hours, and then with the verbal coming from Denmark, Norway and Germany in the past week it seems they might be heading the same way.

But this is a separate issue.

One of the attackers was a French national, now reading he was known to have been radicalised but somehow managed to still carry this out.

Action is being taken though? Jedhadi John? Etc.....

The Japanese example is of a whole country down to a man indoctrinated with a code of honour where they would rather die than surrender and will blindly follow orders, this is different to now as the vast majority of Muslims/Syrian/afghans etc are not and do not wish to be at war with anyone....my counter example would be the IRA Brighton bombings, and then the next day air strikes on suspected IRA homes, would that shortened the troubles?

Thousands of civilians dead in Syria, thousands feeling that and we want to send then back, yet the incident in France brings action responses from those with no real interest helping Syrian civilians?

I'm not a pacifist or against the armed forces at all I just don't think a huge assault on who?/where? Is necessarily the way forward.

I dare say many are happy I'm not in control of making decisions! But equally so am I that they are not.

I

Agree.

300,000 Syrian civilians dead at the most recent count. So we should just send the rest of them all back to die?

15 years of catastrophic foreign policy in the middle east by the supposed western superpowers have helped to create an utter hell on earth, and people want to flatten the region in the hope that this will just go away.

They want their Caliphate to be global. They want to draw people in to their rhetoric and cause a war.

They want events like this to divide people so that it gives strength to their beliefs that there is a war between the west and Islam.

They want an apocalyptic war between civilisations and beliefs and after attacks like this you can see how people get sucked into it on both sides.

Don't let them.