The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your brave lifting the bonnet on your na supra? :(

samuel weller

On a forum, your going to get some banter especially towards n/a but its all good fun........i think :think:

It all works in roundabouts, a lot of us who have TT's and Singles used to have N/A's and had all the N/A insults, now we have the Turbo's, it's our turn :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what it is mate you see how good looking i was ,found out i had a sexy polish wife and single turbo and just couldnt cope with the jelousy,

its okay mate this problem happens to me all the time.

by the way was there any N/A comments other them mine while you had your bonnet up, if not then your bravery suceeded ;)

just yours lol, but did get funny looks, i the way of what is he doing? i kind of put it on my self and shot myself in the foot? didnt know you had a wife? i was thinking you was gay? lol sorry :) my bad on that one

Edited by samuel weller (see edit history)

the only reason i put the bonnet up was, as ive put a 6-3-1 manifold, cam, pulleys, and planning itbs on the car so yea i was kind of asking for it really :/ still i dont know why it got to me, i know i had a bad weekend but not like this? think it got the better of me and didnt know what to do?

Man up wet pants :rolleyes:

it was more than it my pride and joy and you said that, and yes he has a point why did i put the bonnet up? to show what work i did on the car? yes but didnt think of the na problem, which is yes you could walk faster than my car and save money lol just had a bad moment and i lost and now i look back and truly say i was a **** ( it starts with d )

the only reason i put the bonnet up was, as ive put a 6-3-1 manifold, cam, pulleys, and planning itbs on the car so yea i was kind of asking for it really :/ still i dont know why it got to me, i know i had a bad weekend but not like this? think it got the better of me and didnt know what to do?

Itb sound the nuts :D where you at the meet on Friday mate, I thought I heard someone boot it away, and we all immediately went god that sounds good, me and Biebs both said we wish we had are N/A's still.

One thing good owning a Supra is everyone thinks they are all 1000bhp, I remember at a wedding over hearing some young chaps near the car, where their was also a couple of Porsche's and Ferrari's (typical asian wedding) and one of them was saying "this car would murder all the Ferrari's there, they run like a 1000bhp!! Go check the YouTube video's" :D

Seriously 9 pages?? Lol this forum is strange sometimes

Btw we need more details on the Itb never seen them fitted on a supra before, tbh this thread should be about how you are actually trying something different with yours and not a "i got picked on thread!"

Seriously if next time anyone is being a douche, just tell him hes a nobheed and give him a bitch slap for being such a childish little girl.

ive put a 6-3-1 manifold, cam, pulleys, and planning itbs on the car
You should post up a project thread in the Chat section with lots of pics as lots of members (both NA and TT) will have loads of useful advice and suggestions and will be able to help with tech difficulties. Your doing something that doesn't get done very often i.e. trying to get extra power from an NA, most members just accept that it cant be done or you can only get a little gain. Go for it my good man.

Seriously 9 pages?? Lol this forum is strange sometimes

Btw we need more details on the Itb never seen them fitted on a supra before, tbh this thread should be about how you are actually trying something different with yours and not a "i got picked on thread!"

Seriously if next time anyone is being a douche, just tell him hes a nobheed and give him a bitch slap for being such a childish little girl.

Really, you mean like this,

sound amazing!

oh and can someone explain to me how to embed the video? tried copying the embedded code from youtube, but that didn't seem to work :s

Really, you mean like this,

sound amazing!

oh and can someone explain to me how to embed the video? tried copying the embedded code from youtube, but that didn't seem to work :s

That does sound very naughty! I like it! Shame it will still be slow as fook :D

You could start off with a ported stock throttle body and intake plenum.

I did it on my NA-BPU project recently. it did +3 BHP peak power and about + 14BHP in the mid range because of that simple mod on the dynojet. The TB, Y-pipe and plenum is now 5mm wider than stock.

The turbo guys will start laughing again - but this is very noticeable on a NA - especially in the mid range!

check out the dyno graph and a few pics.

I did a lot of mods on my NA-BPU (It's called that way on our german club) build till now, and as already said, gaining a few additional hp from an NA costs a lot.

I invested about 5000€ in my 2JZGE.

Basic spec is:

x) Mine's VX Rom ECU 12/2011-Spec

X) Xerd Header

X) Unique hand made midpipe system including both decats and installing a Kenobi 200 cell high flow cat

X) fully ported intake with ported (widened) throttle body and portmatched manifold

x) Tanabe medalion touring catback exhaust

x) lightweight pulleys

x) rebuilt head + water pump, timingbelt etc. - so pretty the standard things

x) Denso iridium IK16 plus magnecore wires

x) New OEM coil, dizzy etc.

x) all hoses new, also vacuum hoses etc.

x) HKS DLI (Special NA edition - now discontinued)

x) ATI crank damper

x) TRD LSD

x) C's short stroke shifter W58

X) Exedy sports clutch

x) Big brake setup

... and so much more

A few people on here will call me stupid BUT down here in Austria it is strictly illegal to turbocharge NA cars... So NA-T is no option here.

It did 230,16 PS and 284,77 NM torque. Power delivery is very smooth!

It's not just all about peak power - it's about the way the car delivers the power compared to stock setup.

It is a very agile car now indeed... I love it the NA-way...

Of course the whole rest of the car was rebuilt too...

Regards, Herbert

PS: I think it's really time to start my build thread now in oder to give you guys some information on my crazy project from Austria :)

2JZ-GE Intake - Drosselklappe nachher Kopie.jpg

2JZ-GE Intake - Drosselklappe nachher_3 Kopie.jpg

attachment_9e75a04c34cc0bdaa5a92d3dbf8638a3.jpg

Edited by Herb (see edit history)

You could start off with a ported stock throttle body and intake plenum.

I did it on my NA-BPU project recently. it did +3 BHP peak power and about + 14BHP in the mid range because of that simple mod on the dynojet. The TB, Y-pipe and plenum is now 5mm wider than stock.

The turbo guys will start laughing again - but this is very noticeable on a NA - especially in the mid range!

check out the dyno graph and a few pics.

It did 230,16 PS and 284,77 NM.

Regards, Herbert

PS: I think it's really time to start my build thread now in oder to give you guys some information on my crazy project from Austria :)

Please note that turbo conversions ares strictly forbidden down here - therefore I'm putting all my effort in modding my NA.

Bloomin heak mate, that's awesome, videos and pictures in a build thread would be great :)

You should post up a project thread in the Chat section with lots of pics as lots of members (both NA and TT) will have loads of useful advice and suggestions and will be able to help with tech difficulties. Your doing something that doesn't get done very often i.e. trying to get extra power from an NA, most members just accept that it cant be done or you can only get a little gain. Go for it my good man.

Ive made a few modifications to my na and have noticed some very nice gains. Haven't documented it greatly as i didn't really consider na bpu anything to shout home about....

i really cant believe this is still going i didnt even give any N/A jibs , just said your brave lifting the bonnet thats it !, this being everyone was around and i would of expected some N/A jibs,

next meet i see you at i will give you a box of tissues and you can have a good old cry about it.

sorry to disapoint you that im staright i know you was hoping we could get it on together but, i just dont swing that way and hate cry babies sorry ;)

Nice result herb from simply porting. I'm also porting my inlet setup to try and get some better flow dynamics for the next fine tune on the dyno. Never seen it done before, glad to see it helps with figures to prove it. I can't wait to compare my inlet against the old one when I go have some fun on a dyno with Pulley sometime this year.

attachment.php?attachmentid=170961&d=1370936834

IMG_3036.jpg