The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

I got elephant to match the cheapest quote I got, which was from admiral. Totally bonkers, they are the same company! I'll give Sky another go next year when I renew but they were so far off the mark last year I didn't even call 'em this time round. Just for the record, £380 fully comp, 3 years NCB, 33 years old. And would you believe, if I put my girlfriend (who only got a license in 2006) on the policy it gets £50 cheaper, yes cheaper! Insurance companies are nuts.

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed value: this is still available for existing customers who were placed with ensign, unfortunately we are currently unable to offer this for new customers

Will that mean that existing customers that have agreed value won't benefit from better rates, due to being with ensign?

I got quoted £160 less from another company last year, and the only difference was agreed value, it was also way cheaper to go single turbo.

Will that mean that existing customers that have agreed value won't benefit from better rates, due to being with ensign?

I got quoted £160 less from another company last year, and the only difference was agreed value, it was also way cheaper to go single turbo.

As long as you meet our criteria you should benefit from our better rates.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

i will get a quote from you guys soon once i get my renewal offer, but last year i was £1750 Third party fire and theft. Car estimated worth at 3k

Im 25, was 24 then.

Will have 1 years no claims from them with my supra

been driving for 3 years

Got a rough quote from them and came back with £1200 fully comp.

Need a cheaper quote than that tho!

As long as you meet our criteria you should benefit from our better rates.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Ollie

What are your criteria though? I have just had a quote from Sky which I consider high looking at the other thread on insturance that is going on. A-Plan are also cheaper. Sky - £680 + vat including all mods with 4k millage limit. Aplan - £495 inc VAT with 5K limit and all mods declaired.

Im 28 with 8 years NCB, clean Licence, car is Garaged, 19" wheels, 95 BPU TT.

Sky beat my renewal quote from A-Plan this year, but then A-Plan came back with an even better quote. No doubt Sky may well have matched that, or maybe even beaten it, but as my insurance ran out today and I was at work yesterday, I couldn't keep ringing around. I stayed with A-Plan as it was easier for me to do so, but you can't knock Sky's service. I'll be trying you guy's again next year. :)

Ollie

What are your criteria though?

Our minimum criteria is you must be 23 years old or over and have experience of driving a Supra or similar. You obviously meet the criteria but we (Sky) simply cannot offer the best price each and everytime... if we could it would be world domination :)

Please try us again next year and hopefully we'll be more competitive.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Our minimum criteria is you must be 23 years old or over and have experience of driving a Supra or similar. You obviously meet the criteria but we (Sky) simply cannot offer the best price each and everytime... if we could it would be world domination :)

Please try us again next year and hopefully we'll be more competitive.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Cheers Ollie,

I am somwhat confused by the quote from Sky though. I have received the written quote today and its £680 in all duty and tax. But you quote excluding the discount for members of the club meaning this quote is more than competative with APlan. Im going to call tomorrow to clarify the situation but without explanation or the quote in writing I would not have none that there should be 20% off that price?

i'm 26, 9 yrs no claims with 3 points. Got a quote form Luke @ Sky 29/10/97 for 93, twin turbo RZ with body kit, 19''wheels and exhaust, £643 was very please:D. Called back 08/01/08 gave them the quote refference number stating wanted to take out the cover out on identical supra but only difference was had 18'' wheels not 19'' wheels was informed that would be £870:blink:!!!!!!!!!! When asked why said because the wheels where different and insurance companies change their quotes. Gave me another company to call that they recomended who quoted me £2500:blink:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Called up adrian flux quoted me better on existing spec and £105 extra for the spec I am changing to single conversion, strutbrace, intercooler, bigger brakes, seats, exhaust etc. Called Sky back for quote on new spec would not provide a quote :tongue:

I have just done a compare quote om moneysupermarket for my insurance renewel and as i have a import 93 n/a i always have to go back into the search after it finds my car through the reg and change it to a 93 TOYOTA SUPRA SZ (NON TURBO) which i believe is only available as an import anyhow . yet when the list of quotes come up , which are very competetive and u click on more details they always say we presume your car is not a grey import ????? confusing or what . i did ring up a competetive quote and after asking about this error they didnt seem to have a clue and said that they definately dont do imports . Does anyone know a list of insurers that do? apart from sky il try them tomorrow .

took a week of waiting for sky to call back and in the end i called them back to tell me they couldnt quote me

Adrian flux it is again!

I cannot explain the lack of call back, my apologies for the bad service you have received there.

If you, or any other member has a problem with communication from Sky, drop me a PM and I will arrange a call back for you. I can usually arrange this within an hour (when I pick up the PM)

We would have had our reasons for not quoting you, possibly your age/lack of experience/postcode... without knowing your details I cannot give you a definitive reason.

I'm happy to find out why we couldn't quote, I'll send you a PM to sort this out.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

i recentley had a quote of sky. spent 20mins of my life on the phone.....only to be told that they couldnt get anywhere near my policey price with livingstones.

livingstones policey is a agreed value one aswell!

i'm not even going to bother ringing these again as i feel that they are well overated and expensive.

baz

Thanks Michael.

Unfortunately what is good for some customers is not good for others. I know I say this all the time, but we cannot be cheapest all the time, otherwise we would be the only insurer in the UK!

Baz, feel free to try us again come renewal time, hopefully we will be more competitive next time around.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance