The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

What about returning customers? Do they get treated as a new customers with regards to agreed value? Even if the policy is still going through Ensign?

Another perfect question to ask over the PM system.

In answer to your question, unfortunately 'returning customers' would be treated as new business so would not be elligible for the agreed value.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

What do you mean over the PM system? To me that means that all questions to you must be done in private? Which I fail to see the benefit of doing this.

no, you've taken that the wrong way. We are happy to answer questions on the forum but that question was going a bit off topic hence why it was probably better asked in a private message. This thread was to notify members that we have some new rates and we should be more competitive, and also a request for members to post up their prices to make sure we remain competive.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

no, you've taken that the wrong way. We are happy to answer questions on the forum but that question was going a bit off topic hence why it was probably better asked in a private message. This thread was to notify members that we have some new rates and we should be more competitive, and also a request for members to post up their prices to make sure we remain competive.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Thank you for clearing that up. Perhaps there should be a new Sky insurance discussion thread then? So that people can ask these questions and they are not confined to a PM or clogging up your phone lines......... FAQ so to speak, especially with all the new policies etc.

Thank you for clearing that up. Perhaps there should be a new Sky insurance discussion thread then? So that people can ask these questions and they are not confined to a PM or clogging up your phone lines......... FAQ so to speak, especially with all the new policies etc.

:yeahthat: Very good idea!

Just noticed you mention classic car policies, i'm with you anyway for insurance, but when i enquired i was told you didn't do classic policies? Or do they only apply for cars over 15 yrs of age with your underwriter?

Cheers Jon

We can do classic policies but bare in mind there is quite strict criteria that goes with them as well as the driver not being able to build no claims discount. If the vehicle is over 15 years old, is garaged, mileage is restricted and the customer can provide evidence of a second (or main) vehicle we can certainly look at it. The vehicle would also have to be standard, no mods.

We can do classic policies but bare in mind there is quite strict criteria that goes with them as well as the driver not being able to build no claims discount. If the vehicle is over 15 years old, is garaged, mileage is restricted and the customer can provide evidence of a second (or main) vehicle we can certainly look at it. The vehicle would also have to be standard, no mods.

could you send me a quote for fully comp. on the following

toyota supra j spec twin turbo manual 96

thank you

Whoohoo! Thanks to Daniel for sorting out matching an Adrian Flux quote over the last few days. Just got off the phone (spoke to Graham I think) to take the policy out - £664 matched quote, compared to your original renewal quote of £870 :D

I'm sure I'll be speaking to one of you again soon as my corsa insurance is up in January!

Will Sky be looking for other under writers with more favourable classic policies? I mean it's easy to get classic policies for modded cars over 10 yrs old, without being garaged but limited mileage and no increase in no claims bonus. On the Rotary forums most people are on classic policies as it's much cheaper.

Ta Jon

I vowed after my last Supra insurance never to go with Sky due to them being no where near the cheapest insurer. However decided to give them a call re a J-Spec and the insurance was still the same as lasttime :(...........not looking good.

However then the UK spec came up which I got a quote on from the following

Confused.com £761

Adrian Flux £798

Elephant: - £882

Bell : - £637 (£1000 excess)

Directline:- £1446

Then I gave Graham a call @ Sky (after this thread came up), all details taken and came back with the cheapest quote out of the lot and thats without even taking the best price so far from me!!

Even just called Richard re an issue with Toyota fitted alarm on how to prove it had one, he quickly looked up on the Thatcham website, gave the details that Michael supplied in previous thread (thank you Michael :D And I believe Matt Harwood for giving the info to Michael) and all done, no need to prove it. I had genuine thoughts it was going to be a complete ball ache.

So well pleased, my insurance has halved and it has installed more confidence in me re Sky. :thumbs: