The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

well i have never had any problems with any insurance companies apart from sky and im not bothered about arguing the toss on here they nevr sent me any documents or paper work ever so i never had any proof of being insured they kept taking payment cancelled policy still took payment for three months after never paid a penny back and to this day ive never seen any documents now if im wrong tell me but i think their crap

well i have never had any problems with any insurance companies apart from sky and im not bothered about arguing the toss on here they nevr sent me any documents or paper work ever so i never had any proof of being insured they kept taking payment cancelled policy still took payment for three months after never paid a penny back and to this day ive never seen any documents now if im wrong tell me but i think their crap

I would have been a good idea to call us if you didn't receive your paperwork.. We would never cancel a policy without instructions to do so from the policy underwriter and not before phoning the customer, writing to the customer and finally sending a recorded delivery letter.

If you PM me your details I am happy to dig out the time-line details of this procedure and send them to you.

Thanks

you did cancel and took money with no documents i called you to many times to remember how many calls were made and to be honest i aint got time for ya i just wanted to let others know to be aware of what sort of company you are enough said

you did cancel and took money with no documents i called you to many times to remember how many calls were made and to be honest i aint got time for ya i just wanted to let others know to be aware of what sort of company you are enough said

There will be a reason behimd the cancellation, a reason I cannot tell you as I do not have your details. If you wish to give them to me I can look into this. It is not in our interest to cancel a policy and it is only done as a very last resort and when we are instructed to do so.

I have put a lot of work into our cancellation procedure and know exactly what procedure we go through with every policy.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

sorry to report that our call back request facility via our website is broken and has been for a couple of days. Apologies for anyone who is waiting for a call back from us, if you wish to contact us please call us on 0208 3645500 or PM us your contact details and we will call you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Ollie

Sky Insurance

hi guys ive been ringing for the last few days to change my bank details for my direct debit as ive changed banks but no one has been of any help, spoke to a woman first time who gave me some website address and said i have to go on there and do it but i cant figure out how so rang agian and spoke to some guy who said he would get someone to ring me back because there was no one available to talk to at the time but havent had a call, so went on your website and requested a call back but have only just seen you've posted saying its broken, this months payment was due to come out today but you wont recieve it now as you dont have the right bank details

hi guys ive been ringing for the last few days to change my bank details for my direct debit as ive changed banks but no one has been of any help, spoke to a woman first time who gave me some website address and said i have to go on there and do it but i cant figure out how so rang agian and spoke to some guy who said he would get someone to ring me back because there was no one available to talk to at the time but havent had a call, so went on your website and requested a call back but have only just seen you've posted saying its broken, this months payment was due to come out today but you wont recieve it now as you dont have the right bank details

Hi Ben,

please PM me your surname, postcode and contact number and I will get this sorted for you.

Thanks

Hi all,

sorry to report that our call back request facility via our website is broken and has been for a couple of days. Apologies for anyone who is waiting for a call back from us, if you wish to contact us please call us on 0208 3645500 or PM us your contact details and we will call you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Ollie

Sky Insurance

This is now fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be common knowledge, but I wasn't aware of it.

Yesterday I phoned Sky about my renewal and was informed that they no longer provide agreed value for existing customers as they have before. This is the only reason I had kept my insurance with Sky over the years as it's very important to me that I have the piece of mind if I even have the slightest of accidents the car won't be written off because of such a low book price.

As its a UK spec I can pretty much insure it anywhere for not alot of money, but I didn't mind in the past paying nearly double for agreed value. Very disapointed that even our own club insurer will no longer provide agreed value.

Does anyone know of any insurance company that still offers agreed value? PM me if you could please :)

Hi, I sent a request for a call back, but didnt get one, so while I am here, do you do a short term policy, as I have just got another Supe which I am doing some work on before I sell it

Hi,

no we only offer full 12 month policies unfortunately. If you have a standard UK Supra you can use our sister company http://www.insuredaily.co.uk

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hi,

no we only offer full 12 month policies unfortunately. If you have a standard UK Supra you can use our sister company http://www.insuredaily.co.uk

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

No it's a J-spec N/A Auto, any ideas who might do a short term cover, only managed to get 1 quote and it was just under £250, which is a total joke

I just want to be legal, to take it to the garage if needed and give it a test run before putting it up for sale and enable a test drive for potential buyers

To be honest it's a joke, the goverment go on about people driving without insurance, but you can't get cover even when you want to do it legally, I mean who the hell is going to pay £250 for a month, if I drove it and got caught the fine would be less than that

If anyone does get a better price please post up on this thread as we need to keep tabs and make sure we are competitive and are providing the best possible service to our favourite club!

Many thanks

Ollie & Jae

Sky Insurance

Disapointed in Sky this year. I should imagine you losing lots of business as your best just isn't good enough.

How can a small family run business offer a price thats £130 cheaper than my renewal price from Sky (after haggling with you) , there's is cheaper than I payed last year with you.

• 2 weeks later...
Just renewed my policy and it was a good £100 cheaper than last year :)

37yo, carbon fibre N/A, all mods covered, high yearly mileage - £685, quite chuffed with that.

:blink:, I don't understand insurance companies. mine has gone up well over £100 with them this year, and I have done less than 1000 miles the last 2 years and it's of the road from august until april. every year.

It is too much, I went on to find a quote that was £35 cheaper with livingstone and warmen, than I paid with sky the previous year and sum £140 cheaper than this years effort from sky. I then found someone called need to insure who did it £45 cheaper than livingstones already cheap price.

There is going to be people who say I shouldn't say this in sky's thread but I think it is fair people know who is offering the good prices, after all sky say they will do the best prices for their favourite club, but that just isn't true.