supra v8 project...

rxv8

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stunning mate, you need to loose the j-spec brakes now :D, i presume you will have a bit of set up with the carb, i used to set up 2 strokes which was a case trial and error with different size jets, is it straight forward to set these up on the chevy, i presume it came roughly jet'd to your requirements

I presume you will have a bit of set up with the carb...... Is it straight forward to set these up on the Chevy? I presume it came roughly jetted to your requirements.
I guess one of the advantages of the SBC (along with the amazingly cheap parts) is that 50+ years of hotrodding means that every possible set up is already known and nearly everything is off-the-shelf.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SkylineUSA
thtas correct...the 750cfm carb comes jetted to run out the box and will support 500hp...but may need fettling...

Your running and Edelbrock carb for blow through:search:

T56? What is 6th gear for your trans, .59? I am going to run a T5, weighs a lot less and 5th is still .63:)

Car looks awesome!

Tony

Your running and Edelbrock carb for blow through:search:

T56? What is 6th gear for your trans, .59? I am going to run a T5, weighs a lot less and 5th is still .63:)

Car looks awesome!

Tony

blow through...NO its n/a not charged or turbo...i originally was going to use a t5 but sold it for the t56 which was built by keisler racing in the usa...will support 700 whp which they will guarenttee,as long as the car weighs no more than 3000pounds...thats way more than i need...also have the street twin mc loud twin plate which is good for 1200hp,super over kill but if i charge it or turbo at a later date its all there so wont have to upgrade....the reason i chnaged to the t56 was because so many people have broken the t5 with tuned sbc motors...and i did not want the hassle of making mounts,prop shaft etc etc...and then it breaking and having to re make mounts/prop for the t56...anyway have just re mounted the battery in boot and done the air intake system...i did not want the usual pancake on top style so i got a custom carb hat,made two pipes up which i will polish at some stage and then on two 2 ram air filters...i quite like the way its turned out...

whats the opinion on the stripes,i had a set of these on a skyline that was black and it looked good,just thought it might break up the black a bit...the colours are red/white/silver...opinions please...with or without...

almost forgot,i have the ball ache of changing the clutch master cylinder to a 22mm tilton aftermarket job,as the supra standard cylinder is less than capable at pushing the hydralic release bearing at 15mm...all i can say is boy what a job that was...just waiting for a 3/8 unf banjo bolt so i can bleed the clutch and hopefully see what we have...:D

Guest SkylineUSA

You're losing power with that hat, I would not go that way, unless you can get it into your front dam/bumper air flow. That is not a true ram air, since it is not in a high pressure area. Plus I have seen dynos using that hat design which dropped HP and torque. You should go with either EV or CSU on the hat design, I am running CSU.

Without the stripe, I think all black is a great look.

As for the T5, mine is rated for 700hp with a warranty, I will be puhing close to that, funny thing is that its the torque that breaks them:)

You're losing power with that hat, I would not go that way, unless you can get it into your front dam/bumper air flow. That is not a true ram air, since it is not in a high pressure area. Plus I have seen dynos using that hat design which dropped HP and torque. You should go with either EV or CSU on the hat design, I am running CSU.

Without the stripe, I think all black is a great look.

As for the T5, mine is rated for 700hp with a warranty, I will be puhing close to that, funny thing is that its the torque that breaks them:)

tony why would you say that,,i have seen plenty of kits like this one for the ai filter,even spectre make one,for carb engines...i agree with the csu,a mate has one on an f2 procharger chevy...and the majority of advice in the states is that it wil be fine as it will draw as much air as it needs,as its n/a tony,oh and there is cold air vents in both corners...i like even if no one else does...if it does not work i can change it ...;)

if you stuck a pancake air filter on top that would loose power then as its enclosed in a hot engine...i dought it as many people run those i just wanted to be different...