The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra v8 project...

rxv8

Guest SkylineUSA
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rxv8/P5310326.jpg

Nice car, but why do these shows always seem to have attendees that look like they are looking for the nearest mobile soup kitchen? No wonder the English have a bad name abroad, Jeez..... :) I'm no picture of sartorial elegance, but these show lot are something else....

I love England, but compared to the American shows I have been to, totally agree with that statement.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice car, but why do these shows always seem to have attendees that look like they are looking for the nearest mobile soup kitchen? No wonder the English have a bad name abroad, Jeez..... :) I'm no picture of sartorial elegance, but these show lot are something else....
Because they know it will rain :)

There's something wrong seeing an engine like that in a Supra - I love it! :D

Congrats on the build, a superb project and a real motivation for a few on here ;)

Do you think you'll get it on the drag strip/track (not sure if either interests you), but would be interesting to hear how it performs

I love England, but compared to the American shows I have been to, totally agree with that statement.

Sad but true. An Italian show would have most women drooling over the fashions, let alone the cars. I am not looking for a (late) Christian Dior show, but surely a bit of decorum to match the ambience of the effort put into the cars wouldn't come amiss?

A sort of happy medium between Goodwood and the European City of Culture maybe?

Guest SkylineUSA

Nigel,

Don't take it to a dyno, waste of money. You have a carb, you can run and tune for a lot less. Your combo should have you in the low 12s, which is very respectable if it is set up correctly.

Dyno should only be used for tuning EFI cars, other than that, they are not much good. Case in point, there was a GTR that sold not to long ago that claimed 1000awhp, which should of had the car in the low 9s easy, but it was running mid 10s @140. You run the number on a calculator with the trap speed, it come out to 750ish AWHP. But then again, it also comes down to if the car was set up correctly, that will give you a true sense of what the car can do, rather than some number that comes up on a device that can be calibrated to read 1000whp out of a stock Yugo, just my 2 cents.