supra v8 project...

rxv8

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right cars in the garage now...bonnets of,undertrays of and started taking other parts of to remove the engine....and wanted some advice...

I HAVE DISCONECTED THE 3 PLUGS in the foot well and pulled them through the bulk head,to make taking the engine out easier ( i think lol)...my question for people who have done this before is,if the three plugs are disconnected in footwell and the engine loom etc etc is taken out with the engine...do the,lights,abs,dash clocks etc etc still work????

also the steering rack has a power connecter from the loom going to it drivers side/end of steering column...???

any help appreciated...thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

started taking the engine out,and waiting for new parts from the states to come,also prob wont be doing to much over the next few weeks as waiting for a little baby to appear:)...

got the new stainless steel headers through today,they looked the best angle wise for the supra bay,as hug the block quite well,also got copper exhaust gaskets...

got as far as i could on taking the engine out so decide to de yellow my plastic headlights...took about 5 mins,and now look mintttttttt...

also prob wont be doing to much over the next few weeks as waiting for a little baby to appear:)...

Your waiting for a baby to appear from your car :blink:

(Who wants to explain to him the birds and the bees? :sly:)

On a serious note.... good luck with baby... me thinks that he/she will keep you busy for more than a few weeks!

dropped the mock up engine in the bay this eve to see how much room we have to play with,and am quite suprised,once its positioned correctly i think there will be around 5" per side clearence for the headers which should be ample...only problem i can see maybe a problem will be the steering rack as this seems to sit 3/4" higher than the centre cross member...

the ideal situation would be to cut the center cross member out,then the engine would sit nice and low,but alas i dont think this is possible...CHRIS WILSON IF YOU READ THIS,IS THAT POSSIBLE???anyway here is a pic of the engine in the bay roughly,sits about 2" lower 2" further back when in position...

I'll be upgrading my NA engine to a TT eventually, how much more expensive would it be to drop a V8 in there instead? (and then turbo it :eyebrows:)

Considerably more for the V8 transplant (at least if you want a decent one in there). Including turbo the price would be :blink:

I'll be upgrading my NA engine to a TT eventually, how much more expensive would it be to drop a V8 in there instead? (and then turbo it :eyebrows:)

well depends what you can do your self...if you buy brand new everything...there are loads of ways to do the conversion cheaper than 20k...

my engine even though its the old school small block is s/hand,but like new...which cost me 2k with t5 world class chevy 5 speed manual...you can buy universal engine mounts from the usa for like 149 dollars...and no they are not pony rubbish but very good cnc machined brackets...headers in stainless steel will cost you 189 dollars,hell a brand new carb is only 200.00 uk pounds for an edelbrock 750cfm...so parts are real cheap...just go on ebay.com and look under sbc... you will be suprised...

or you can get the ls2 engine and box for 5k uk shipped....i guess you just got to have the nerve to start chopping up your pride and joy...:D

20k to put a corvette engine in not a chance, my bro has a 1942 ford van big a big block charged chevy V8 in it has a custom chassis, custom TH400 box and hes not even that far up. Corvette lumps are pretty easy to get ahold of depending on which one you want

My family bring 4-8 containers a year back from the states with cars and parts

20k to put a corvette engine in not a chance, my bro has a 1942 ford van big a big block charged chevy V8 in it has a custom chassis, custom TH400 box and hes not even that far up. Corvette lumps are pretty easy to get ahold of depending on which one you want

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/closey19/random/Image059.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/closey19/random/Image060.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/closey19/random/Image061.jpg

My family bring 4-8 containers a year back from the states with cars and parts

Wow that is really really nice, i would love to see that when its finished :)