The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra v8 project...

rxv8

heres on of phils supra 377ci with a 106mm turbo on it,the guy is estimating 2000 hp...:):):)

I am sorry, but that just sounds wrong...
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
Just did not fit, strange I know

whats your ETA on finishing this project? would love to see it!!!

when is it going to be done?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as far as budget is concerned i think it should come in at under 10k,not bad considering buying the car,hi spec 5.8 sbc engine,6 speed box,19" wheels,and fabrication...yes u could buy a cheap single turbo for that...but wait till this baby fires up...i would imagine a number of people will be considering this...:)

hi j...engine should be just under the 450hp mark and around the same talk,its a

355 sbc

afr 195 cnc street heads 2.080 intake valves and 1.600 exhaust valves

afr valve spring upgrade

comp cams 292h hydraulic cam,501 lift, 244 duration, lobe angle 110 degrees,rough lumpy idle

victor junior air gap inlet manifold tall

edelbrock 750cfm carb

comp cams roller rockers 1.6 ratio

msd 6al and pro series coil

10.5mm taylor pro leads

edelbrock dual timing chain and cam lock out kit

block hugger headers

etc etc

i might change to a 383 bottom end in a years time or so which will give an instant 500+ hp and torque...i think it should be great as it is though to be honest...:D

as far as budget is concerned i think it should come in at under 10k,not bad considering buying the car,hi spec 5.8 sbc engine,6 speed box,19" wheels,and fabrication...yes u could buy a cheap single turbo for that...but wait till this baby fires up...i would imagine a number of people will be considering this...:)

10K including buying the car! That is really good considering the amount of money you need to throw at a single! I sure as well that you would get your money back on that as i bet it would be a hoot to drive :)

old school chevy

575 Pounds = 260.81561 Kilograms...all iron block and heads sbc

525 Pounds = 238.13599 Kilograms...all iron block with ali heads sbc

500 pounds = 227 kilograms...all iron block with ali heads/intake and carb

new school supra

311 kgs= 685 pounds supra 2jz

so sbc is 85kgs/185 pounds lighter than the 2jz...would 185 pounds lighter make the car much quicker???i would say yes,but would it be a lot or a little???

whats a 2jz weigh with turbos i.e full engine????

it wasn't meant as a pop mate i think this is crackin project, just wondering what the difference in weight was, 85 kg is a lot of weight to loose from the car, its taken me some radical surgery to shed that much weight, excellent