The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Received from JDP Performance

Class One

Companies House has no records of a "JDP Performance", only a "JDP Motors". As JDP Performance is not a registered company, i.e. doesn't exist in the eyes of the law, any comments related towards JDP Performance and the f*ckwits therein can't possibly be libelous.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Companies House has no records of a "JDP Performance", only a "JDP Motors". As JDP Performance is not a registered company, i.e. doesn't exist in the eyes of the law, any comments related towards JDP Performance and the f*ckwits therein can't possibly be libelous.

:rlol:

One or two have said 'I feel sorry for Les', well if this Les is the Les that Leon sacked due to crap work, then no I don't feel sorry for him.

Me neither, and if it is, and if he has employed the staff that from TurboFit that caused so much heartache and financial loss to many of the members on here, then quite frankly, I really don't feel sorry for him and I'm not surprised that no one would want to take their car there

If it does transpire that this is the company that is threatening legal action, I'd suggest they spend their money more wisely in employing properly qualified technicians, or attempting to train and qualify the technicians they do have, then demonstrating their achievements publicly to improve their public perception.

Or, if it is true that this company have indeed bought out TurboFit, then maybe they could offer to spend the money they were considering using on legal action, to reimburse those previous TurboFit customers, or offer to rectify any issues free of charge, to show that they are people of good character.

All my humble opinion of course :)

Or, if it is true that this company have indeed bought out TurboFit

Very unlikely.

I would think (and this following is entirely my guess work here) that TF was financially unstable and facing legal threats from many directions. Better to dissolve in this situation.

However, I'm sure there would be many jobs outstanding and customers that are blissfully unaware of issues which would be of value to retain - hence some kind of agreement with another company to take on the work...probably with some kind of kick back?

Perhaps Les was thinking after setting up the company in Dec last year he'd like to expand into the profitable tuning markets and this seemed an ideal step into this world. With a prebuilt marketing tool (car), some starter customers and some guys that 'know the market'. Maybe Gregg running a tuning department?

Obviously this involves an immediate requirement of more labour and the easy option is to take on the old TF staff - possibly Les unaware of issues at TF and the stigma that would follow this decision.

I suspect the club was mentioned as a bunch of whiners and not to worry about and what a fantastic opportunity this could be for Les.

Very unlikely.

I would think (and this following is entirely my guess work here) that TF was financially unstable and facing legal threats from many directions. Better to dissolve in this situation. ....

Last time I checked, TurboFit was still an active company...

Last time I checked, TurboFit was still an active company...

yep according to companies house they are still active but thats prob because the legal action that is being brought against them by various members has not kicked off yet and no paper work has been submitted!?

But then new users would be unaware of any problems with JDP.

In that case, how about the club officially endorses certain traders and mentions that any tuner that isn't officially endorsed is approached at their own risk etc etc.

In that case, how about the club officially endorses certain traders and mentions that any tuner that isn't officially endorsed is approached at their own risk etc etc.

Whilst I can see where you're coming from, I think that known bad traders should be here for all to see to prevent the same thing from happening again.

A non-authorised trader doesn't mean they're not good. IYSWIM

Well blimey my man I'd hope that people do that anyway :)

The club endorses traders insofar as allowing them on to trade in return for a modest fee, but if they turn out to be Max GT Turbofit shite then, after a protracted evidence-gathering process to avoid the most amount of flak while trying to minimise damage done to club members, they get the order of the boot. Thankfully the new process of surveys and discussion threads means the traders get rather more of a vetting than they used to. Also, now, there is a tendency for people to be more open about problems these days because flaming from fanbois should have well and truly been knocked on the head after the turbofit farce.

Which brings me laboriously to my second point that, as a club which is for the members, it'd be a real dereliction of duty if we coughed, swept all this under the carpet, and pretended to the next starry-eyed punter who has heard bullshit about stupid spark plugs doubling fuel economy and fallen for it, "JDP? Nope, no, never heard of them, why not risk your car and £1000s of your cash on them, off you go" instead of going "Dude, it's a rebadged Turbofit, if you want brass screws, broomhandles, and walking stick ends, go for it. Just get a stopwatch and a dustpan & brush for afterwards as well."

-Ian

But then new users would be unaware of any problems with JDP.

The point is, is that this forum had not had any problem with JDP per se.

A member who was in the process of litigation with Turbofit, who were Traders on this forum, visited the Turbofit website and the URL was redirected to JDP's website. At around the same time the Turbofit closed their doors, Knightracer who shared premises with Turbofit, moved across the road and rented space from JDP. Knightracer have publicly stated that they are in no way associated with JDP other than the fact that they share office space with them. At the same time, it is our understanding, that former employees of Turbofit, were then employed by JDP.

Now, to be objective about this, it would, looking at the above scenario, attract some interesting questions and if you were a member in litigation with one of the parties involved, you would want to seek answers to those questions. As a result of that thread, it has attracted some heated debate.

Les at JDP has responded to the forum asking that all reference to his company be removed from the forum. He has also suggested, that the forum moderators are unable to act or perform their duties without prejudice to him and his company.

Members are entitled to an opinion. Moderators are also entitled to an opinion as well, however Les at JDP feel that this should not be the case.

Again he has failed, on his last communication, to provide details of the specific posts that are libellous, unjustified and potentially damaging to a third party. He has accused the forum moderators of being unreasonable, however, in my opinion both as a member and a moderator we have been more than reasonable and have invited Les on more than one occasion both by public post and private message to point out which posts are problematic and in the menatime have locked down all threads relating to his company and have asked members not to post anything libellous,defamatory, unjustified or potentailly damaging to a third party.

Les, we are more than willing to discuss removal of said posts, but the onus is on you to state which posts fall within these catagories.

......... He has also suggested, that the forum moderators are unable to act or perform their duties with prejudice to him and his company....

I would say you are all more than well equipped to achive this Doug :p

(The above statement, hereby referred to as "the statement" is made by Lewis, hereby referred to as "the respondant" and is made against an individual called Doug, hereby referred to as "the claimant". The statement is made by the respondant based purely on his personal opinion of the claimant and shall therefore in no way represent the feeling of the club, it's members, notaries or representatives. By responding in any way to this disclaimer, the claimant accepts the statement as fact and that the respondant is god. This disclaimer is subject to the laws and guidelines of the district of tobago, any litigation must be issued in person from the offices of the judiciary of Tobago or will be deemed outside of the remit of the respondant and shall be promptly ignored).

Thanks

Lewis

I would say you are all more than well equipped to achive this Doug :p

(The above statement, hereby referred to as "the statement" is made by Lewis, hereby referred to as "the respondant" and is made against an individual called Doug, hereby referred to as "the claimant". The statement is made by the respondant based purely on his personal opinion of the claimant and shall therefore in no way represent the feeling of the club, it's members, notaries or representatives. By responding in any way to this disclaimer, the claimant accepts the statement as fact and that the respondant is god. This disclaimer is subject to the laws and guidelines of the district of tobago, any litigation must be issued in person from the offices of the judiciary of Tobago or will be deemed outside of the remit of the respondant and shall be promptly ignored).

Thanks

Lewis

Lewis....

You're nuts :)

..... are in the post (don't sue me :cool:)

We aren't allowed to comment on companies?? That is just a joke...(Not having a go at the forum)... and for anybody wants to sue the board for this kind of rubbish then they are better off not being here in the first place. I don't do the legal action stuff as shown with Dan Turner.

As far as removing them, why should we? As far as I am aware nothing has been said that is untrue and commenting on the truth is allowed last time I checked the law.

Les, if you even bother reading this, then it is a really sad case when you have to threaten legal action just prevent comments.

Guest Hi Viz2

Hi again its Hi Viz here, apparently if you have a genuine honest opinion from somebody that has actually had work done on your car that’s goes against the witch hunt you get banned.

A little one sided I think, especially from a forum that was accepting money from TF to promote there services to there members, well stick your forum up yr backside, this is just schoolyard behaviour and not for the first time. It just shows your level of immaturity, JDP have had hundreds of satisfied customers for many years. If none of you have a genuine experience with JDP then you have no right to comment on JDP and as such your comments are worthless and just pointless banter.

And for the record I have had:

Engine work,

Auto & manual transmission work,

General servicing,

Suspension work

On a number of cars some German some British and some Japanese’s

All at JDP and all have been perfect.