The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Received from JDP Performance

Class One

I very much doubt that they would get anywhere with litigation. The mods have asked for the threads in question that mr JDP objects too to be pointed out to them so they can remove them i don't see what else they can do.

Maybe people should word their responses a little more respectfully / carefully or invent a new name for the company like leptons for MPH :D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soooooo, just to clarify... In case I'm missing something...

There is a company, which openly admitted to employing the staff from Turbofit, (probably the worst tuning company this club has ever seen - Check the clubs search facility to find out more), is not happy about the fact that club members on here are 'unhappy', or 'unwilling' to take their cars to this company, or recommend any one else to....

What's the problem? - I'm sure that this company would have sufficient time and staff qualified to high enough levels to quality control check every nut, bolt, screw and clip that their new mechanics touch. :)

Other than a couple of newbies that have miraculously just bought Supra's, and immediately had them serviced at JDP, and a couple of other longer standing members that used to avidly support Turbofit, so obviously happy with their 'style' of workmanship. Has anyone else, that can identify a good quality of workmanship, actually had anything done by them?

I have taken the trouble to read the threads concerned and I am a little confused, some my say that is not unusual but !

The forum never really had any issues with JDP before they took on all the TF team, the forum then has several members (some of whom are well out of pocket from poor workmanship by these employees) telling other members to stay away as the workmanship is in question, the guy (Les?)comes on here and tells us that he is inspecting all work and it will all be ok, I now read he has sacked the TF guys, so we were right to point out his workforce had an issue, no?

I would be delighted to see another good tuner or two on this forum and have no beef with JDP's owner but it had to be one of the worst decisions I have every witnessed taking on that team after what had gone on and the amount of outstanding issues with members here, I think it all could have been handled with a bit more thought, still what do I know

All the above is my personnal opinion and not that of the MKIV owners club

Guest Hi Viz

I have not been a member long and have heard about all the grief, I have had work done by JDP and it has been first rate & they have really helped me out on a number of occasions when I was stuck. As a customer my viewpoint is important as none of you appear to be real customers, I agree with some of your other members it’s a complete witch hunt with from what I have read no real basis.

And if somebody is quoting law cases I suggest they look up

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/23/internet_libel_payout/

I am not 100% sure but maybe les is justified in going after people personally and affecting there assets just as they are trying to effect his, I would if I was him.:p

How on earth people who aren't nor ever have been involved with either Turbofit or JDP feel they should get in on this argument I will never know. I am quite aware that this will pi$$ a lot of people off but frankly I dont care anymore. There are a few "certain members" (everyone seems to use inverted commas loosely so why shouldnt I) who I know are stirring trouble, saying they are "in the know" about the whole situation when they are not.

I was under the impression that this club was a community for people who love their supras, and enjoy being part of the club, but it seems to be turning into a haven for keyboard warriors who obviously have nothing better to do than "pretend" to be involved with these issues.

Someone answer me this.... what exactly have JDP done? Anyone?

And just for clarification.....

-THE JDP SUPRA BELONGS TO GREG

-GREG IS WORKING AT JDP AND HE IS DAMN GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES

-THE REASON THE JDP CAR BLEW AT POD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY WORK

CARRIED OUT ON IT, JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS, BUT NOTHING WAS MENTIONED

ABOUT ANY OF THE OTHER CARS THAT BLEW UP AT THE POD WAS IT

Fair enough, if people have issues with any traders they should be able to voice said issues, but what right have people got if they have had no first hand experience with the traders, to slag them off? I think you'll find this is known as slander! 99% of this shit is based on what people "think" they have heard coupled with a few people who obviously are just attention whores who feel they have to be involved in everything that ever goes on.

Grow up!

Ahh Michael... i knew i could count on you:rolleyes:

Is that really the only hole you can pick in my rant?

How exactly are you involved in all of this?

I can pick plenty, I just liked that one.

My involvement... "interested enthusiast who doesn't like to see fellow members ripped off, given shoddy work or the club threatened"

OK for you? (whoever you are)

I can pick plenty, I just liked that one.

My involvement... "interested enthusiast who doesn't like to see fellow members ripped off, given shoddy work or the club threatened"

OK for you? (whoever you are)

So you've never had first hand experience of JDP then?

:lol:

And your quoted post is precisely the reason that Les has every right to think about taking legal action. What right or proof do you have?

Guest Hi Viz

Well said Godmutha, the voice of reason and sence, the guy “Les” has done nothing wrong at all…. Full stop…. as you state Keyboard warriors……

And as for you Michael arnt you the one jumping on the bandwagon you, c0ck holding fanboi., why don’t you fuc* off

Until you have a view worth listening too or an input based on fact, get back behind your QWERTY and feel like a big man…..

And for the record, has the forum not been accepting money to promote TF in the past, so who is holding the double edged sword now.

And which fellow member has been ripped off by JDP, not one as far as can read or see.

And if somebody is quoting law cases I suggest they look up

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/23/internet_libel_payout/

Nice one, if we're quoting law my friend, i'll pass on a little info I learned tonight. I ran this by a friend of mine in law in the pub, who's details i'm happy to pass on to the moderating team should they wish.

1) This is a members club, to which the members pay a subscription. It is therefore in the interests of those members that the moderators, and fellow members alike alert people to 'Sub standard' quality of work carried out by 'Proffesionals' who have advertised on the forum.

2) Turbofit have been proved to have links to JDP performance, I have first hand experience of this, as Greg still calls me for parts needed for cars in JDP's workshop. In Gregs words, 'JDP bought us out'.

3) Turbofit have had a judgement(s) made against them by default in the county court, by forum members(s) for 'Sub standard' work carried out to vehicles. No attempt has been made to pay the judgements to any members.

4) Therefore, if JDP wishes to take legal action against the club, they will first have to prove there has been no links to the former Turbofit, which is impossible, as I believe Turbofits dayglo drag car, and their blue car, have JDP written all over them, and Gregs 'They bought us out' comments. If they cannot prove they have no link to Turbofit, then its clear as day in the laws eyes. JDP will assume the judgements made against Turbofit, and will be re-embursing the out of pocket club members. £40k sound good? Cheque please.

I suggest if you're that close to the people at JDP, you maybe ask them to read up on Litigation laws.

I believe none of the above comments to be Libelous, and these are my thoughts, and not that of MKIVSUPRA.NET, any of its members or moderators.

Who?

Which quoted post and why?

You, michael, have you had first hand experience/issues with JDP?

and to answer your second question....

"interested enthusiast who doesn't like to see fellow members ripped off, given shoddy work or the club threatened"

Can i now draw your attention to the very first post on this thread......

I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding JDP Performance that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims.

Regards,

Class One

Can i now draw your attention to the very first post on this thread......

Draw my attention all you like my JDP-loving friend, no court of law in the land can use these thoughts and opinions of mine against me.

Like I said I'm "just an interested enthusiast who doesn't like to see fellow members ripped off, given shoddy work or the club threatened", that applies to anyone, any company and any club I'm a member of.

I refer you to the passage above from Mr Jezz and bid you farewell.