The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

We all had high hopes for TF, they promised much.

Unfortunately they failed due to their own ignorance. Shortcuts, bodges and cheap components have cost them and their customers a lot of lots ££££'s and even more wasted time.

By all accounts they are nice people, and I wish them the best in other ventures but I think this was completely the wrong career choice.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gutted :(

Really wanted to see them grow with the club a go from strength to strength.

On a personal note: Never had any major work done but was looking forward to maybe a NA-T as Greg and Sam did fill me with confidence.

Not having Trader status bothers me as I trust only approved traders and the forum system.

I've heard these guys have shut up today... so not sure whats going on???

I've heard this from several sources today. Apparently the doors are now locked and everything has been moved out.

Does anyone know for sure whats happened to them?

Ed, one of the only guy's I'd trust is Mark at Pheonix...but he's not on the BBS...but that usual with the good people, someone of CW/Mark's calibre is rare on a forum.

To find someone good you really have to talk to the people who've been there and done it....not the new guy that arrives in a big blaze of glory and shouts the loudest.

I think TF's issue is that they never say no, even when they don't have a clue/experience it's this attitude that's been the problem, they give it the biggun make you feel confident in their abilities and then when it all goes wrong they are as surprised as you.

Their penchant(sp?) for removing IACV's from Supra's is just the tip of the iceberg...it's like they want the cars to idle badly...like they think they know better than Toyota. :rolleyes:

I didn't like to say but yeah I've heard they have shut, where's Gamers car??!!

I took my car down to them when my tubbi No 2 Decided to pack in, after a race with a Bike.

So i went Single, bought all the stuff got it sent to Turbo Fit, and they did a great job installing my single. She's runnig sweet as, and thats me doing the Modball over 3000 miles worth of it.

Sorry to hear all this stuff about them, iv had no issue's with them at all.

Geo

I've heard this from several sources today. Apparently the doors are now locked and everything has been moved out.

Does anyone know for sure whats happened to them?

TF are no more. I will leave it to them to make any annoucements if they choose to for now.

Knight Racer is still going, they are now located across the road from 110 Tanners

Well Ed, one of the only guy's I'd trust is Mark at Pheonix...but he's not on the BBS...but that usual with the good people, someone of CW/Mark's calibre is rare on a forum.

To find someone good you really have to talk to the people who've been there and done it....not the new guy that arrives in a big blaze of glory and shouts the loudest.

Very true mate.

Problem is, some of us (me included) trust what we're told and don't know any better.

TF are no more. I will leave it to them to make any annoucements if they choose to for now.

Knight Racer is still going, they are now located across the road from 110 Tanners

I dont think they will make an announcement as both there memberships have expired.

Quality aside, TF did provide some excellent social gathers, I realize that this is not excuse or whatever, but lets also remember some of the good things as well.

Not sure a good cup of tea and a couple of digestive biscuits is a pukka substitute for work that members have paid hefty money for.

I'd like to see Turbofit make a public statement - I very much doubt it though. Perhaps others will remember that - if members say something about a trader's workmanship - it might be wise to read & listen prior to shooting & flaming all in the aid of PR.

My car is still there just wating for payment to clear.

This only came to my attention on Tues.

Quick story is:

Was phoned up on Monday to be told car was completed (mechanical work), told what the final bill was, I said OK np, will sort payment. I called Knightracer on Tues to let them know to start the bodywork, short time later was told car would not be released until payment was made. Struck me as odd as I have never had to pay up front before. Called Greg to be told of TF demise. Got a bit nervous to say the least at that point. Asked for a few pictures of the completed work and the invoice to be sent by email. Weds received pics and vid of engine running in car. Everything looks and sounds OK on the face of it so I make payment.

Had a few more phone calls with Greg to reassure me that everything was indeed OK and also making sure all of my parts from the old car are still accounted for, so far, so good.

So right now I am waiting for the payment to clear and then will have Knightracer collect the car to do the bodywork. Bit nervous to say the least but to be fair, Greg and Sam have never done me wrong yet and I hope that will continue and everything will be OK with the car.

My car is still there just wating for payment to clear.

This only came to my attention on Tues.

Quick story is:

Was phoned up on Monday to be told car was completed (mechanical work), told what the final bill was, I said OK np, will sort payment. I called Knightracer on Tues to let them know to start the bodywork, short time later was told car would not be released until payment was made. Struck me as odd as I have never had to pay up front before. Called Greg to be told of TF demise. Got a bit nervous to say the least at that point. Asked for a few pictures of the completed work and the invoice to be sent by email. Weds received pics and vid of engine running in car. Everything looks and sounds OK on the face of it so I make payment.

Had a few more phone calls with Greg to reassure me that everything was indeed OK and also making sure all of my parts from the old car are still accounted for, so far, so good.

So right now I am waiting for the payment to clear and then will have Knightracer collect the car to do the bodywork. Bit nervous to say the least but to be fair, Greg and Sam have never done me wrong yet and I hope that will continue and everything will be OK with the car.

Hope things work out for you Joe. I take it there will be no warranty on the work that has been carried out then??

H.

Fingers crossed for you Joe. Hope you get your car sorted out.

Not wishing to be a doom munger but due to their obvious time restrictions I'd get the car across the road and then have it inspected by an independent...ie Leon is round the corner, or Mark, or Michel even getting a local techy member to take a gander...I fear that they might have thrown it together to get it out the door.

I hope not but just trying to be realistic.

If you need a hand with the rest of the car Joe, maybe i can help . i have a workshop now and taking in 2 cars a month .

Thanks Michel, will keep you in mind for sure.

Hope things work out for you Joe. I take it there will be no warranty on the work that has been carried out then??

H.

Greg has said he will put right anything that I am not happy with.

Fingers crossed for you Joe. Hope you get your car sorted out.

Not wishing to be a doom munger but due to their obvious time restrictions I'd get the car across the road and then have it inspected by an independent...ie Leon is round the corner, or Mark, or Michel even getting a local techy member to take a gander...I fear that they might have thrown it together to get it out the door.

I hope not but just trying to be realistic.

At this point, I just want to get it over to Knightracer and get the bodywork completed. Then I will have it trailered back to me and take it from there. I am hoping for the best at the moment.

At this point, I just want to get it over to Knightracer and get the bodywork completed. Then I will have it trailered back to me and take it from there. I am hoping for the best at the moment.

Sounds like the sensible thing to do.