The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Feel like Crying, I've had enough - The Supra will be going

Sheefa

Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear this matey :(

If they are under warranty - they are under warranty and our turbo company will strip, inspect and replace/reseal any parts necessary FOC.

Let me know how you get on it and if you need me to get anything sorted :)

Gaz.

Gaz,

Thank you very much for clarifying matey, great to hear that.;)

I'll have to check with Phoneix Motorsports tomorrow, and following the strip from turbofit. I see you state under the warranty section:

"In most cases we offer a 12 month warranty on parts, subject to manufacturer. The manufacturer has the final say on defective products. Our turbo kits have lifetime warranties, the turbo 12 month refurb/replacement"

Sounds good to me as they are Envy Hybrids but I need to check what's needed next after the inspection. What else would you need for me to make a claim on these? I think it's just the seals, CW had to replace some solenoids not long ago though.

Thank you very much.

Greg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you get it sorted. sounds like you have spent a lot of money....

Really not trying to pee on your bonfire but if you do happen to miss the Dragonball i may be able to step in your place and offer you some £ for your ticket if that interests you??

Thanks guys for the comments and cheers for the offer Bob - much appreciated.

I know in the vids it looks normal, or maybe a tiny bit smoky, but trust me, yesterday was a whole different ball game and it was pouring out the back and clouded the whole street. Still, just been out in her slowly and she seems to be running fine.

Greg @ Turbofit, Sam and the other lads will sort me out for sure. I'm confident of that. :)

Thanks again guys ;)

Greg

When you said clouds of white smoke I was expecting the street to be filled, no chance of a following car seeing ANYTHING, blah blah. That's what a major turbo failure looks like. That smoke in the videos looks like what I would call light smoking! It's hard to tell the colour of it, too. Are you SURE an I/C hasn't come off!!!????

When you said clouds of white smoke I was expecting the street to be filled, no chance of a following car seeing ANYTHING, blah blah. That's what a major turbo failure looks like. That smoke in the videos looks like what I would call light smoking! It's hard to tell the colour of it, too. Are you SURE an I/C hasn't come off!!!????

Hi Chris,

I know, the smoke in the video is 'typical' . i.e. a normal day, maybe a little more. However, the smoke I had experienced on Saturday though was on the totally different scale of MAHOOSIVE! It did flood the street and driveways and it stank of oil.

The smoke is definitely white Chris, not a tint of Blue in sight. I've checked all the Intercooler pipes and they're all secure. I'll double check, but can't see or hear any noticeable leaks around the engine bay.

Greg @ Turbofit mentioned that it was probably a worn turbo oil seal and some oil may of got into the downpipe and heated up, hence the smoke clouds on restart. Now it seems she's running OK mate. Turbos are under warranty for a year anyway, so going to get them re-sealed. :)

Cheers Chris.

Greg

My IC pipe popped off yesterday under not-too-heavy-driving, loud 'pop', loss of power and plumes of light grey smoke from the exhaust. My mate couldnt see a thing behine me.

Have you checked all the IC pipes? Made sure theyre all real tight? Could a leak in one of them cause similar symptonms?

My IC pipe popped off yesterday under not-too-heavy-driving, loud 'pop', loss of power and plumes of light grey smoke from the exhaust. My mate couldnt see a thing behine me.

Have you checked all the IC pipes? Made sure theyre all real tight? Could a leak in one of them cause similar symptonms?

How does this work? Do the turbos feed their air into the atmosphere, and so the engine runs mega-rich, causing the smoke?