Sheefa

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

BTW, Checked oil dipstick and level is full and usual brown/black colour. Also, checked all hoses and they're on tight including the Intercooler ones.

Re: the oil: if its brown/black it would indicate your oil needs changing. Should be light straw coloured.

good luck with sorting it m8, hope its not gonna be heavy on the readies :(

Hi Guys,

Once again thank you for all your kind words and words of support. The smoke was definitely coming from the exhaust Brian mate....I think! Rich, thanks for offering to help as always matey, you're a great bloke. ;)

After speaking to Greg @ Turbofit and doing the few checked he suggested, it doesn't appear to be all bad news at all. :nana:

Basically, I warmed her up for 10 mins and the smoke cleared fairly quickly, like 2-3 seconds after exiting the exhaust, although there was quite a bitcoming out the exit - see the vids I'll post later. I then checked the temp gauge and she rose to halfway as normal. I then took her out for a 10 minute run on low revs (no more than 1.5k, completely off the boost) and I couldn't actually see much smoke at all out the back.:)

Came back onto the drive, waited a minute and took the Rad cap off using a large cloth as recommended by Greg. Checked the fluid and it's all clear - no oil at all.:)

Greg thinks it could be the Oil Seals on the turbos, and a few drops got into the downpipe yesterday and were then heated up again once I restarted the car again. This caused the plumes of smoke and burning oil etc. I'm also going to check my Actuator Spring as Greg believes that could be causing my boosting issues (can't boost over 0.76-0.91 bar). :thumbs:

All in all it sounds like OK news and I'm very grateful to Greg for running me through the process. ;) So much so, that the car will be going to Turbofit in 2 weeks to have the turbos checked, resealed and the boost issue sorted. Might have a full service again whilst I'm at it. What a top bloke that man. :thumbs: He's working on his car today. Here's hoping it all checks out OK!

I've recorded a few vids and will upload them shortly for your viewing pleasure :)

Thank you all loads once again. Me being very paranoid I know and expecting the worst, here's hoping this is still not the case!:innocent:

Thanks,

Greg

Have you had a look down your exhaust mate for any ceramic blade part's? When I blew mine I had the similar problems that you've stated, after fitting a new FMIC I think the old j-spec tubbies were just too old. Also when I revved my engine up I couldn't hear anything of a turbo spooling up so knew they had gone. :oops:

That was my bonus gone :rolleyes:

Hope it's just the seals though mate

Have you had a look down your exhaust mate for any ceramic blade part's? When I blew mine I had the similar problems that you've stated, after fitting a new FMIC I think the old j-spec tubbies were just too old. Also when I revved my engine up I couldn't hear anything of a turbo spooling up so knew they had gone. :oops:

That was my bonus gone :rolleyes:

Hope it's just the seals though mate

Got Hybrids buddy, so steel internals :) Thank you though, I didn't hear anything come out and no tinkering noise down the exhaust so here's hoping buddy! ;)

Greg

Have you had a look down your exhaust mate for any ceramic blade part's?

I would be very surprised mate if his tubbies have shattered as his boost level is no greater than stock (or just a 'little' over from time to time)

EDIT: Of course, you've got metal blades Greg - I'm off for one more coffee mucka

Nice one Greg.

Glad the news is better :)

Really glad for you mate And Turbofit will look after you, they did with me

Thanks guys. Yep, they seem like a great bunch and Greg was very helpful. :)

With the turbos under warranty then you can hopefully relax in terms of cost.

I don't know if they are though Pete. They came from Envy and were fitted by Phoenix, so I'm not sure who to approach here. Gaz may be able to help me. Anyways, costs for re-sealing is £250 odd from Turbo Technics Greg said and 6 hours labour to strip tubbies and replace and check everything is in order.

It's still money but a hell of a lot less than I thought earlier and I'm happy to pay of course. :)

Cheers,

Greg

I would be very surprised mate if his tubbies have shattered as his boost level is no greater than stock (or just a 'little' over from time to time)

EDIT: Of course, you've got metal blades Greg - I'm off for one more coffee mucka

Bit of a hangover today have we Andy? lol :p I was out with some 'lads' from Hereford last night mate, no guesses what they were like!;)

Got Hybrids buddy, so steel internals :) Thank you though, I didn't hear anything come out and no tinkering noise down the exhaust so here's hoping buddy! ;)

Greg

Oh well fingers crossed :)

Good luck mate

PMSL! Nice commentry on the vids.

"Should've bought a Skoda!" :rlol:

LOL. Thought you might like that Pete. It was a genuinely honest comment, until my brain caught up with my mouth. :)

I'm off to play 6-aside now guys so catch up later. Thanks for all your support as always guys, great bunch you are, and thank feck (touches wood very hardly) I won't be missing the mashup at Dragonball 207 now (Mashup = the drink that is, not the cars!!) :)

Laters,

Greg

Hmmmm, does it sound any different to how it did prior to this Greg? I ask because in vid 1 it sounds very 'clunky' and reminds me of the noise Terribleturner's made when he had major issues - BUT I'm hoping that's just your camera's sound pickup quality. Don't worry about what I'm saying though, I know next to nowt about technical stuff so I probably should just shut up. lol

Fingers crossed Turbofit get it sorted for you. :thumbs:

EDIT: sounds ok from under the bonnet so ignore me. You must just have a loud exhaust :)

Good to see you can still have a laugh about it mate.

Imagine, your girlfriend laying ill on the bed and the doctor saying "yea,... err, shes ok. Shes still lookin good tho, and thats the main thing". Right! ;)

PSML! Quality. Thanks mate. :D

Steve R - Nope, no real clunking mate, had quitea few lorries/cars come past in that vid and you can only just hear the injectors ticking. I think :innocent:

We'll see anyway in the next few weeks won't we! Cheers pal.

Greg

Blimey! I thought I was a worrier. It'll be right, Greg. Hell, if it isn't I'll be able to take early retirement when I sell my CW shares at a huge profit.:D

FWIW, have a butchers at this thread here and see if you think it's similar. I'll be honest and say that when I start my car after an overnight rest it's pretty embarrassing. It's like someones stuck a dry ice machine up the zorst.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87202