The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Donington 27th Feb, who is definitely running?

Chris Wilson

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Jane worked out I'd done at least 40 races at Donington, and about 3000 laps, a few years ago, so if I don't know my way around there by now, wet or dry, it's a poor do! It's a very technical circuit, and always intersting in the wet due to the rivulets that flow across the lower part of the Craner Curves and Coppice. Jettisoned aviation fuel from being under the flight path of East Midlands Airport doesn't help, either. There is more grip when it's very wet than when it's drying. Sadly there was no chance to run slicks yesterday, I did try 2 damp laps but then it started to rain again.

BTW the circuit entrance is not normally via that dirty, potholed track, they blocked the main entrance off as they have had Gyppo trouble.

Thanks Chris. I'll get some footage onto a CD and pop it out to you next week - some great shots of the Zeus, especially the ones of you nailing those BMW tossers! :)

Emailed my address for camera charger. Will speak to you soon anyway. :)

Yep, my ears are a little soar today. That Zeus is definitely on my list of top cars ever! Wonderful sound.

You missed a great day Steve!

Greg

Thanks for posting those, they made me laugh...

The pic of Simon's car makes it look even wetter than I thought it was... there is a lot of water there..

As far as my redecoration goes; if that was the top of the car - imaging what the underneath looked like! It was a very pretty pattern on the drivers side. Good to see that my car dug up a stretch of historic racetrack infield... mkiv left it's mark at donnington...;)

It was a good day all said and done, everyone had a laugh and we all came home without any probs... good job!

Looking forward to seeing "skidpan Simon's" vids, having said that I can hardly talk!

Great pics :)

Looked like a fun day.

Glad no damage was do to your car Mike.

Did you wash it or drive home like that? :lol:

Yeah, I was too, it's always atthe back of your mind driving in these conditions...

The slide was not dramatic, we held it for a decent distance but the angle was too severe. If I had put and extra lock on it would have just spat us out the other side when it caught. Once we got off the tarmac it just took a long time to stop on waterlogged grass. was like a lake when we got out. I was waiting for Burna's slapsick faceplant when he was trying to push me out.:eyebrows: sadly he's far to savvy for that!

it took two tokens at the jetwash, and I still didn't get everythong out from underneath. No guesses what I'm doing this weekend.

Mike , does this bring back memories of the past ? at least you have perfected the skill in keeping the car on all 4 wheels rather then upside down ;) ....

Funny you should say that it was EXACTLY the same thing, same angle, same distance, same trajectory, like De-ja vu...

except this time there was no ditches, fenceposts, and I didn't have a boot full of the weekly shopping.

Did anyone get any piccies of my luxo jap barge with a huge turbo strapped on it?? Couldn't beleive that part of the breifing. It was almost like he was having a go straight at me :) :)

What did he say Brain? I missed the briefing as I wasn't tracking mate.

It was almost like he was having a go straight at me :) :)

He was! :rlol:

It was amusing - especially what he was saying about the Caterfield types being all over big Jap cars on corners, only to accelerate hard on the straight and dump a huge amount of unburned fuel out of the exhaust onto the poor chap behind in an open top car!

He was! :rlol:

It was amusing - especially what he was saying about the Caterfield types being all over big Jap cars on corners, only to accelerate hard on the straight and dump a huge amount of unburned fuel out of the exhaust onto the poor chap behind in an open top car!

Did you benefit from some of my excess petrol then Pete?? :D If so can I have it back??? My fuel consumption was diabolical that day :D

Apart from the fastest ones I didn't get any caterfields on my ass until I got stuck behind those lotus elises, supras, porsches and other slower vehicles :)