The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Donington 27th Feb, who is definitely running?

Chris Wilson

Three of us?? :blink: it's turned into a not so elite strike team:confused:

I counted at least 7 of us when the list when it first went up. This is one of the few unsilenced events of the year right?

Saw Michel Lane yesterday and he's definately grounded.

So many cateringvans too...

last few bits of weekend work to do on the car before the big day on Tues,

Anyway whats wrong with fur coat and no pants? I'd rather have that than a big pair of old lady pants and a camoflage jacket!

Chris or anyone; Q if you don't mind,

what are acceptable oil and water temperatures on track and what sort of temeratures should we be looking at safely keeping below?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris or anyone; Q if you don't mind,

what are acceptable oil and water temperatures on track and what sort of temeratures should we be looking at safely keeping below?

Hi mike, i wouldnt normally let my oil temp go above 120, i`m on silkolene 10/50 pro s, and i havent got an accurate water gauge yet but the standard gauge has never gone above halfway even when pushing it in hot weather, have you done many trackdays?

Hi mike, i wouldnt normally let my oil temp go above 120, i`m on silkolene 10/50 pro s, and i havent got an accurate water gauge yet but the standard gauge has never gone above halfway even when pushing it in hot weather, have you done many trackdays?

Hi Matey, Thanks, I use the same oil. My first was bruntingthorpe last year and I really enjoyed it. This will be no 2, but on a closed circuit, as brunters was really easy, this will be a bit trickier I think.. and it's done in a new car. I have never seen this single push past 98 degrees even when driving hard and I have a fluidyne rad, as well as an oil + PS cooler, but I just need to know what's what. Having everything metered is one thing - knowing what's safe is another. The water guage only ever pushes above 90 degrees after I've turned the engine off.

I did have a few teething probs at brunters in the old BPU car - lost brake fluid as the pads wore, smoked my jspec brakes, power setting fluid overheated; it started sucking air round the system and my goodyears melted, but it was a lot of fun!:innocent:

Ask Pete what R888's aree like in the wet, you will have great fun on those in the wet. But if it dries you'll melt the F1's. PITA isn't it... :)

Fantastic fun! (If you like drifting ;) )

Accelerate, accelerate, hit boost...ooooo sideways..catch it, bit more, boost - whoosh, sideways. :D

Chris kept asking me if I was ok, but I don't scare that easily. At least whilst we're pointing at roughly the right direction.

I'm taking the carpet out of the Tiger tomorrow night. I may have to install a hole and bung.

I wish I was coming with you guys :)

The 888s should be fine in the wet but watch out for puddles as theres not much in the way of tread to oust the water. You may have some wet and some dry action, which would be great, tyres last longer and you'd still experience how much grip they give you :)

... and Wez stop crapping your pants, you'll enjoy it so much!

Bring a brolly. There's no sign of rain monday night, then come 9am, Tue morn, a bloody big warm front sat on us till 6pm, then no rain for the rest of the week.

:badmood:

would someone knowledgable in the ways of power oversteer like to give Wez and I a brief course in how to hold a powerslide please?

I'm definately coming along guys so I'll see you there. Just trying to get hold of a camcorder from next door at the mo to record you lot thrashing it around, especially Wez on those 888s! :)

Yep, forecast isn't great, but it'll certainly make for some great video footage!

Sadly, a) I'm skint and b) I'm having some pretty bad boosting issues so I won't be tracking my car. :(

See you all then.

Pete/Bignum - can you PM me your number so I can drop you a line when I arrive? I have Chris' but would be good to have a few others in case I'm stuck/lost/broken down etc. ;)

Cheers,

Greg

I picked up 6 new blank 8cm DVD-RW at the weekend my camera.

What are the rules regarding video footage and camera mounts as I have a suction cup mount which works great on any glass area.

You need, (I think...) written permission off Donington, no hand held in car cameras, and an approved, safe mounting. Ask on the Bookatrack forums, http://www.bookatrack.co.uk for clarification. i don't "do" in car, I always seem to have trouble when I have a camera on the car :)

I'm definately coming along guys so I'll see you there. Just trying to get hold of a camcorder from next door at the mo to record you lot thrashing it around, especially Wez on those 888s! :)

Yep, forecast isn't great, but it'll certainly make for some great video footage!

Sadly, a) I'm skint and b) I'm having some pretty bad boosting issues so I won't be tracking my car. :(

See you all then.

Pete/Bignum - can you PM me your number so I can drop you a line when I arrive? I have Chris' but would be good to have a few others in case I'm stuck/lost/broken down etc. ;)

Cheers,

Greg

We are in garage 29 if you want shelter personal shelter. Silver Skyline and red Zeus Challenger Toyota.