The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Donington 27th Feb, who is definitely running?

Chris Wilson

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is your radar screen boys; we have incoming!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/rain.shtml

this is what's coming and when.

after 12 it stops, then a front at 3pm, then a dry end to the day. Your gonna be busy with that spanner wez!

you put your goodyears on, your goodyears off..... et cetera..

Just had my geometry set up this morning, ready to go.

The circuit filling station may not be open, and if it is, the price is eye watering :(

IF?! Oh crap.

2.5 miles long circuit. I'll probably get 60 miles out of my tank - 24 laps.

Will fill up at the A50 Shell station.

I have only three petrol cans that'll get me about another 24 laps.

That's best case, probably a lot less.

So how long is 45 laps going to last? Or how many laps would you expect in a day?

I remember at Oulton the petrol went pretty quick.

I will have an empty fuel container (none legal, but what the hell...) free after the first session, you can put 25 litres in that Pete, at lunch time.

Sounds like a plan! :)

I reckon that's bigger than my fuel tank - will it fit in the Tiger passenger bay? :D

Just been out and stripped all the carpet and fixed an indicator. All ready for a soaking.

What a cracking day out.I know I left a tad early but I wasn't pushing my luck. Some of the more aggressive cars were starting to take up more of my attention than what was going on in front of me so rather than tempt fate and have a huge off (did somebody already have one of them ??? :) ) I decided against going back out. I also felt my japanese barge with a stupidly big turbo strapped on it showed itself well and didn't embarass itself much in the caterfield crowd :D

Great to meet all the guys that went from here, because most were northerners I hadn't actually met any of you before. There was almost as many suprass there today as caterfields :)

Anyways great time had. Hope the rest of you make it home safe and sound as well.

No unfixed cameras allowed in the car and I didn't waste any of my tracktime standing on the side wall taking pictures :) I actually almost ran out of petrol at one point I stayed out there for so long. Bignum has an entertaining spin to show everyone :) I hope there aren't too many pics of my car as it was bloody filthy from the dug up mud lane that was used as access to the pitlane.

Fantastic day indeed! I've got the vids and boy is that Zeus loud, as is Mr Mike B's single. Shame I didn't hear yours go round Wez!

Great to meet all the guys, new faces and old as always. :)

Got loads of Video footage, but like a pleb I left the charger behind which CW has kindly picked up. Once I get it back, I'll be paying him a visit for my boost issues soon anyway, I'll post the the vids guys. :)

Greg

Nope Rich :(, but bloody well spotted anyway matey ;)

I think, as suggested by both Chris and Trick, that it's the bost controller solenoid so we'll get that tested and find out. I'm going to replace the shitty silicone hoses that are pretty much fooked anyway with strong stock ones.

TBH, I have a 1.2 bar RR in the exhaust pipe anyway, so there's no real need for a Boost Controller.

I just want that number 2 tubbie back online! :)

Had a great day and it was good see the old faces and meet some new ones :)

Weather was bit bad towards the end of the day but glad to see everyone stuck at it, especially CW as he nearly took out my eardrum when he came past in the ZEUS! :D

Big thank you to Bignum, Pete, and Mike for taking me and Jo for trips around the track :) Can't decide which was my favourite experience.

Pete's Tiger was something I've wanted to try for a long time and I certainly picked the right day today :cool: Something I'll never forget, think you'd better build me one Pete ;)

The very wet laps with Bignum were fun as you could feel just when the traction was going to give.

The one to top it though was Mike's car, WOW!!! I'd never been in a single before and I think I've now been spoilt to get my first ride in that one :blink: It's just something I can't explain, my name is now on the list incase he ever sells it :)

Photo from camera phone below during my trip out with Mike, sure made me feel alive, alive but muddy :D Thanks again mate :)

I'll post more pics tomorrow when I've sorted through them.