500 bhp ,how much £

pete.w

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all this is not the dragon speaking now, it's the one who pinches the car off her and does not let her drive it. Ian

Just been reading the thread and am shocked at the attitude that you seem to have Homer, first of all, sit down and take a chill pill. Why do you seem to bad mouth things that are posted and have such a negative attitude to what people say.

First of all we went on the rolling road day in Sept just to find out what the car was producing figure wise as Matt didn't know when we bought the car.

We were told it was running rich and he showed us the figures for AFR on the computer. They then said that they could sort it for us and they did last week... hence the new figures.

Now I don't know much about supra engines and can only go on what paperwork we received and what was said when we bought the car.

So instead of slagging my wife off and saying things like "just handing over cash and beleive anything","wasting my time" and "you carry on thinking ".

Why not say "well done, good figures, but......you might want to check blah,blah,blar"

Which leads me on to say thanks to RobSheffield, Imi and Michel Lane for the advice. I will look into the turbos and injectors when I find out how and post up the findings, I'm curious to know myself.

One last thing. Don't slag off a company untill you know more about them, very unproffesional and not clever.

wow, you and your lady or dragonlady, which ever seem suited, both very delusional! Homer knows what hes talking about (well most of the time) and offers good advice......

Were just offering the facts! something that you dont seem to grasp seen as though your living in narnia and anything is possible, even 470 on standard turbos!!

Which leads me on to say thanks to RobSheffield, Imi and Michel Lane for the advice.

No problem.

Just as a pointer, Homer has nothing to gain by pointing out the figures dont make sense. He is trying to help, not tell you off!

Its just i was trying to be polite! It is likely the car has been changed somewhere. Check it out :D

wow, you and your lady or dragonlady, which ever seem suited, both very delusional! Homer knows what hes talking about (well most of the time) and offers good advice......

Were just offering the facts! something that you dont seem to grasp seen as though your living in narnia and anything is possible, even 470 on standard turbos!!

Maybe you missed the part in the thread which we posted which says:

"Maybe I will investigate if I have aftermarket turbos, because if I have then I can go for my dream power of 500+, so fingers crossed then that you are all right!", or,

"Now I don't know much about supra engines and can only go on what paperwork we received and what was said when we bought the car...... Which leads me on to say thanks to RobSheffield, Imi and Michel Lane for the advice. I will look into the turbos and injectors when I find out how and post up the findings, I'm curious to know myself."

We are far from delusional and take on board and welcome the comments made by the more experienced owners on this forum, and as we have said we will look into the feedback given.

However I think that there is a right and wrong way of saying things, and some of the comments, and the way that they have been said on this post are not polite, and can be construde as being rude.

First thing to look at would be what colour injectors you have, 440's are grey 550's are a lilac colour.

I was looking at a set of hybrids next to some stock tubbies last week and the first thing i noticed is on the cold side the housing was bored out for more flow, should be easy to tell if yours are hybrids, either way its certainly a very nice car from what i see at the Ace cafe meet, good luck with it and enjoy:)

In all fairness Phil, almost everyone in this thread knows what they are talking about....almost ;)

It would seem not, as you ask a simple question, 10 people take the piss, 5 people make completely different suggestions while taking the piss, and then in the end 2 people come on, make reasonable suggestions, and give proper answers. TBH its very annoying when your starting out trying to cut through all the chaff and your faced with that everytime you ask something on here. Its put me off several times and im a paid member, it shouldnt happen.

It would seem not, as you ask a simple question, 10 people take the piss, 5 people make completely different suggestions while taking the piss, and then in the end 2 people come on, make reasonable suggestions, and give proper answers. TBH its very annoying when your starting out trying to cut through all the chaff and your faced with that everytime you ask something on here. Its put me off several times and im a paid member, it shouldnt happen.

Remember what i said about opinions on here!

Ask an open question and you will get differing opinions, the piss taking is part of the territory.

You asked a question yesterday in a for sale thread, and another afterwards in a seperate thread, i dont recall any pisstaking, nor is there really any in this thread.

Dragonlady, good work with the dyno.

I'm running hybrids at approx 440-450 at the fly too on standard 440 injectors. I'd certainly look into upgrading them if you're on hybrids and run an Apexi SAFC or if you can afford it, and EManage Blue to get the most out of those hybrid puppies.

I can't compare my car to J-spec tubbies as I haven't driven one, but my hybrids pull really well, are stronger and have great mid-range 9I think anyway! :))

Don't let the attitudes of some people put you off the forum. ;)

All the best.

Greg

I think the main confusion with this thread is that we are assuming that the car is running stock jap turbo's.

I can remember on the day, everyone said that it must have been running hybrids.

Although none of the car's UK owners have had hybrids fitted? And nobody has ever heard of a Supra coming over from Japan with hybrids.

But let's say for arguments sake the car has hybrids fitted, it still doesn't explain how it's making 470bhp with injectors that, even at 100% duty , can't flow enough to make 420bhp (assuming stock fuel pressure)

Its just i was trying to be polite! It is likely the car has been changed somewhere. Check it out :D

same here, I was extremely polite too... :)

We are looking forward to the scans of the dyno and the pics of the engine bay - specifically, the injectors / FPR

Although none of the car's UK owners have had hybrids fitted? And nobody has ever heard of a Supra coming over from Japan with hybrids.

But let's say for arguments sake the car has hybrids fitted, it still doesn't explain how it's making 470bhp with injectors that, even at 100% duty , can't flow enough to make 420bhp (assuming stock fuel pressure)

Perhaps its had bigger injectors.. he doesnt know, you dont know, does it really matter anyway, he's said what he's getting. No need to basically call him a liar.... go eat a peanut instead :)

Wow!

However I think that there is a right and wrong way of saying things, and some of the comments, and the way that they have been said on this post are not polite, and can be construde as being rude.

I'm really sorry if I came accros as rude, that wasn't my intention.

To be honest I'm just fed up with seeing new/newish members being misled by tuning companies and was trying to point out some of the items you may have been mislead on.

To recap

Member asks how you get 500hp

Dragonlady states that a bpu supra (that means 1.2 bar on stock turbos stock fuel) attained 470 hp

People pointed out that it was unlikely, that things must be different

Nobody argued that it 'may' have hybrids on it, that wasnt really the concern

I believe the concern was caused by the possibility of incorrect info being given to new members.

IF you read post 36, where a relatively new member on the lookout for info then jumps to the conclusion that its BPU and making 470 hp.....its that assumption that causes concern.

All imho of course (cos quite frankly im getting fed up of playing devils advocate here!)

No need to basically call him a liar.... go eat a peanut instead :)
Having a bad day love?

I didn't call anyone a liar. I was merely pointing out a fact about injectors and the BHP a given size injector can support. I think you'll find that you're the one calling people names not me.