500 bhp ,how much £

pete.w

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

give me £10 ill give you a nice dyno graph of 700hp car :D , give me £20 ill give you a dyno graph of 900hp...:D ..., dyno graphs really mean nothing , i raced a 700hp supra once in mine , i left him as though he was bpu , looked in his engine bay , it was stock with hybrids :search: , people who sold him it told him this figure, i was running low boost 1.2 bar ...

At over £500 I really don't think that I am dealing with a chavy company, do you? I can't believe the comments that are being made. Most people would say "Well done mate, that is impressive", but then there are others on here that treat people as if though they are stupid and accept anything that people say to them.

At over £500 I really don't think that I am dealing with a chavy company, do you? I can't believe the comments that are being made. Most people would say "Well done mate, that is impressive", but then there are others on here that treat people as if though they are stupid and accept anything that people say to them.

This is quite Bizaare, as a guy who I've sat next to at work for the last 9 month's told me, only on Thursday, about a mate of his who owns a tuning company. I was thinking "yeah right, some kind of online box moving company operating out of a bedroom". Turns out it's western performance.

If his credentials that I've heard are to be believed, then I would suggest that they're a quality outfit.

However, I would remain to be proven right or wrong....

O.M.G!!

people arnt saying well dont thats impressive cos from what your saying your car is, i.e standard turbos, its not POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! you either have different turbos or your read out is not right, :rolleyes:

If that is correct then...thats not possible on standard turbos or on a standard engine. END OF.

You car is NOT BPU

Ok lets put it this way, people on here saw the car on the rolling road in Sept and at that point it was producing 447bhp with poor fuelling. Installing the Apexi Neo has improved the fuelling and as a beneficial effect has provided free power.

The paperwork from Muffleman when we bought the car shows that all that has been done to the engine is Decat plus, Blitz Nurspec, HKS Induction Kit, HKS ECU, Oil Cooler, trust FMIC, HKS SSQ BOV, Blitz SBC Boost Controller.

I am sorry if you find this hard to believe but the facts speak for themselves.

This was my old Supra, and Steve M's before me (forum member few years ago) and he bought it from JIC, so well sourced and well looked after.

Dude serviced the car and said that it was probably the best non-single'd Supras he'd driven. This car SHIFTS ! It is quick.

Now, we do not know if it has non-standard turbos, but it is a twin turbo and the turbos look stock.

This car has produced the goods on two different dynos. Yes dyno figures are meaningless, yet we all use them as a tuning aid and declare the results.

Like I said, this Supra is bloody healthy and damn quick, but no way of knowing what the turbos are without taking them to bits. But it's certainly producing healthy numbers :)

I am sorry if you find this hard to believe but the facts speak for themselves.

There ared no facts though, you have a BPU car with a basic airflow fudger. It is simply impossible to get the figures they have told you. Unless it's a UK spec of the injectors are uprated there's not advantage to an AFC once you're running 1.2 bar.

One of the guys thats runs a a Dyno dynamics roller told me he can make it say whatever HP he wants it to.

I'm sure the company are reputable, but its very common for these tuning companiues to make ouitragous HP claims after carrying out work. Just look at Thor, they've made a fortune out of their 'over-quoting' hub dyno.

There ared no facts though, you have a BPU car with a basic airflow fudger. It is simply impossible to get the figures they have told you. Unless it's a UK spec of the injectors are uprated there's not advantage to an AFC once you're running 1.2 bar.

One of the guys thats runs a a Dyno dynamics roller told me he can make it say whatever HP he wants it to.

I'm sure the company are reputable, but its very common for these tuning companiues to make ouitragous HP claims after carrying out work. Just look at Thor, they've made a fortune out of their 'over-quoting' hub dyno.

So may be everyone who was on the rolling road day in September (who surprisingly appeared to get the figures they anticipated) was lied to/ over estimated??

Any way I am pleased with the results and trust the company whole heartedly so that is the only thing that matters! Also I love the car, and am really happy that it had two previous owners that looked after it well.

Dragonlady - no one is doubting that you have a lovely car.

Assuming that the Dyno numbers are kosher/

YOU ARE NOT BPU. BPU's are not capable of that kind of power / torque.

We don't believe its got standard turbos OR maybe a standard engine.

We are glad that you are happy with your car.

Enjoy your ride.

:rolleyes: Wasting my time replying here. Got better things to do than try and help people who don't want to listen.

Carry on thinking you have 490ibft under that bonet. If you want to see what that sort of power is really like, give one of the guys with a single turbo supra a shout (but not me as its broken)

So may be everyone who was on the rolling road day in September (who surprisingly appeared to get the figures they anticipated) was lied to/ over estimated??

Any way I am pleased with the results and trust the company whole heartedly so that is the only thing that matters! Also I love the car, and am really happy that it had two previous owners that looked after it well.

Respect to your car

The 'concern' being shown in here is where you post up to encourage others that 'bpu at 1.1 bar' prodces 470 bhp, it simply does not.

The more knowledgeable members on here will tell you a million proven facts how a car with 440cc injectors and stock j spec turbos cant attain that sort of output....therefore two possible options remain...

1 - You have aftermarket turbos and larger injectors

2 - The RR is incorrect.

1 - You have aftermarket turbos and larger injectors

Exactly....if the car has 440cc injectors, then you might as well bin those dyno numbers.....cause thats exactly where they belong.

Post a pic of your Injectors......a quick visual check and it should be clear what injectors you have.

also a pic of your engine bay would be helpful - to check for an aftermarket FPR....

: If you want to see what that sort of power is really like, give one of the guys with a single turbo supra a shout (but not me as its broken)

I have been in a single and yes I take my hat off to the power that they produce, but to be honest I prefer the TT because it does not have so much lag. Maybe I will investigate if I have aftermarket turbos, because if I have then I can go for my dream power of 500+, so fingers crossed then that you are all right!

Will post pics tomorrow, any help to prove one way or another would be gratefully appreciated.

It is ok to accept that the car does produce 470hp+ , but you have to understand this, the whole objective of this forum is to gain advice from individuals, your car may have produce this amount of BHP , but you have to think to your self that your currect injector setup 440 i assume , will only produce a good 440-450 hp at max duty, If you are running these injectors at this amount then a failure is most likely to happen. Yes with a good map and aftermarket FPR , you would hit this value , but iam sure that these levels will not be safe for the engine, with your current injectors.

I use to have twins on mine and at a rolling road session 3 years ago , in well lane , leeds . I achived 520hp according to there readings , i was over the moon , running 1.4 bar. But then when i finally put a ETG PROBE on the car and a wideband , i shit my self as the ETG went to 900 degree's C and the wideband showed 13 AFR , I was very fortunate that the engine did not go bang...

The people on the board dont mean to get at you, just trying to tell some honest truths about these cars.

your currect injector setup 440 i assume , will only produce a good 440-450 hp at max duty
Funny you should mention that because I've just been working it out.

440cc injectors even at 100% duty cycle are capable of a an absolute maximum of 419.04 bhp

How much you paying for that little lot ? all in ? excluding the engine build my engine has low miles so should be ok.

Hybrid turbos - £300, 2nd hand

FMIC - £650

264/264 cams and gears - £400

HKS 680cc fuel system - £750ish

Clutch and flywheel - ??? not sure yet

Induction kit - already on the car

Decat exhaust - already on the car

LINK ECU - installed, mapped £1500

Very much doubt it, unless you have a sympathetic RR operator ;)

Peak power means nothing though, its the "area under the line" that is important and makes the car a fast road car. That’s the hugely limiting factor with Hybrids, they may give you good peak power but across the mid range they're not doing anything. See this graph for example, its clear to see that the single conversion (though it doesn’t have a great deal more peak power) provides MUCH more useful power across the range. At 4krpm it has more than twice the torque available!

well technically could not afford the single and decided to go for the hybrids instead.

well technically could not afford the single and decided to go for the hybrids instead.

Yeah, its expensive for sure and not worth doing unless you can afford to do it properly.

IMO hybrids just aren't worth the expense if your stock turbo's are working fine, its only really worthwhile if you're needing to change turbo's due to a fault with the stockers. They only get a few extra HP at the very top end, unless the injectors and cams are changed there's going to be little difference. Plus, they'll spool slower (similar to UK spec) so will lose some lower/mid range torque. I've only dirven one hybrid powered car but wasn't impressed, my one on the stockers felt quicker.